Muineachán V Ard Mhaca USFC

Started by Main Street, May 16, 2010, 06:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naka

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 18, 2010, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: eireogatron on May 18, 2010, 12:48:47 PM
for me, if Lavery is not fit Vincie Martin staked a better claim to start against Monaghan than Dyas did. I could see Martin on Woods (as mentioned by someone)

V Martin was not even mentioned in anyones teams or possible subs before the Derry game, now we have guys looking to start him beacuse he came on against Derry, whats the craic
horses for courses

mountainboii

Why is this gustavo lad spamming threads? Buck him out if he's gonna get up to this shite.

mackers

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 18, 2010, 12:35:36 PM
I'll take a stab at a team

1 P Hearty
2 A Mallon
3 B Donaghy
4 P Duffy/Finn Mo
5 K Dyas
6 K Mc Keever
7 Finn Mo/P Duffy
8 C Vernon
9 K Toner
10 B Mallon
11 A kernan
12 G Swift
13 S Forker
14 S Mc Donnell
15 R Henderson

Im assuming here J lavery is not fit

Subs: J Clarke, M Mackin, V Martin, M Mc Namee, Big Ronan Clarke,

Being realistic POR is not going to be using any of the other guys,
More or less what I would go with but I'd put Dyas in B Mallon's place. I wouldn't break up our HB line which is going well. I would go man for man and forget about C McKeever doing sweeper. We need to push further up the field, we played deeper against Derry because we were worried about the Bradleys. Monaghan only have Tommy Freeman in that sort of category and I would trust A Mallon to do a good job on him. Let's go out and attack Monaghan in a way we were doing in the league.
AK will hopefully kick on after Sunday. I think all he was missing is a bit of confidence as he is a class act. That allied to the fact that he is releasing the ball a bit quicker we should see better quality ball going into Henderson and McDonnell who will really want to prove a point. Big match for Stevie.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

eireogatron

for me, if Lavery is not fit Vincie Martin staked a better claim to start against Monaghan than Dyas did. I could see Martin on Woods (as mentioned by someone)

V Martin was not even mentioned in anyones teams or possible subs before the Derry game, now we have guys looking to start him beacuse he came on against Derry, whats the craic

well, he came on and marked Lynch who was doing the damage for Derry up until that point. I dont recall him touching the ball in the second half, so I would call that a fairly big clue that Martin is up to scratch at this level. If fellas do well, they should be rewarded should they not?

bingobus

Far too much talk on this thread, game still an age away and lots may change before then.

Are Armagh planning a round of club championship matches before the next round.

mackers

Quote from: bingobus on May 18, 2010, 04:31:52 PM
Far too much talk on this thread, game still an age away and lots may change before then.

Are Armagh planning a round of club championship matches before the next round.
It'll die a death by the end of the week and reappear in the week before the game. Mostly Armagh posters still excited by our shock preliminary round win. :P
Armagh's club championship not due to start until August, no back door in ours so it can be run off fairly quickly.

armaghniac

Quoteno back door in ours so it can be run off fairly quickly.

They should just let Cross' play Pearse Ogs and be done with it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

1 P Hearty
2 A Mallon
3 B Donaghy
4 P Duffy/Finn Mo
5 K Dyas
6 K Mc Keever
7 Finn Mo/P Duffy
8 C Vernon
9 K Toner
10 B Mallon
11 A kernan
12 G Swift
13 S Forker
14 S Mc Donnell
15 R Henderson

What! You wouldnt play our two best wing backs, and bring Dyas back in who is yet unproven?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onion Bag

Quote from: Orior on May 18, 2010, 09:08:31 PM

1 P Hearty
2 A Mallon
3 B Donaghy
4 P Duffy/Finn Mo
5 K Dyas
6 K Mc Keever
7 Finn Mo/P Duffy
8 C Vernon
9 K Toner
10 B Mallon
11 A kernan
12 G Swift
13 S Forker
14 S Mc Donnell
15 R Henderson

What! You wouldnt play our two best wing backs, and bring Dyas back in who is yet unproven?

What 2 wing backs are you talking about, i have already included Finn Mo and Duffy,

and yes i would bring in Dyas to give him a chance to prove himself, are we not going to playhim becasue he has not played throughout the league through injury,
maybe he is doing it in training and challenge matches,

i have replaced Mal Mackin who i dont think is up to it

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: eireogatron on May 18, 2010, 04:07:19 PM

well, he came on and marked Lynch who was doing the damage for Derry up until that point. I dont recall him touching the ball in the second half, so I would call that a fairly big clue that Martin is up to scratch at this level. If fellas do well, they should be rewarded should they not?

To be fair Lynch was blowing out of his hole before the first half finished. He may have been carrying an injury even. Rory Woods destroyed Vince last year!!

With regards to the boys who have come back on the panel recently... I'm reliably informed that they are too far behind the rest of the panel to start a championship game, in terms of "McGurn work"!

Can't understand the negativity towards wee Brian either. I think he's playing very well. He's a lot stronger than he used to be... winning a lot of of ball, never quits running (He must be a nightmare to mark now) & his distribution is excellent.

Orior

Sorry, my point was that I believe (though I could be wrong) that you're only allowed to play one person at number 7. You listed our two best wing backs at number 7. Great idea, but not sure if we'll get away with it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

eireogatron

on the topic of Woods destroying V Martin. Last year Mone destroyed Stevie McDonnell so should we drop him too? ::)

mackers

Quote from: eireogatron on May 19, 2010, 09:39:40 AM
on the topic of Woods destroying V Martin. Last year Mone destroyed Stevie McDonnell so should we drop him too? ::)
I think you're in a minority of one with starting Martin, you're entitled to your opinion though.
Quote from: Orior on May 19, 2010, 09:09:52 AM
Sorry, my point was that I believe (though I could be wrong) that you're only allowed to play one person at number 7. You listed our two best wing backs at number 7. Great idea, but not sure if we'll get away with it.
I think it's obvious that Onion Bag has them both listed at CB too and that he would want to play one or other of them in each position.

eireogatron

fair enough mackers, but the only argument being put forward against it is that Woods gave him a bit of a roasting last year. By that logic then Stevie McDonnell should be worried about his place.

Other people are saying Dyas because "maybe he is doing it in training or challenge matches". Well, IMO Martin has definitely done it in the last championship match. Its very simplistic to say Lynch was knackered at half time. I'm not so sure about that, he ran the first half for Derry and did feck all when Martin was moved on to him.

As you say opinions are entitled to be voiced, but I was always taught that if you came on and took your chance you deserved to keep the jersey.

mountainboii

Quote from: eireogatron on May 19, 2010, 09:39:40 AM

I think you know that's a bit of a silly comparison. McDonnell has an ever so slightly longer track record than Martin. Whatever way you spin it, the idea on putting a man on a player that took him for 4 points and had him replaced before half time just 15 months ago, is bonkers. I'd almost suspect you had forgotten about this previous encounter when you made the suggestion.