The Sunday Game 2010

Started by Jinxy, May 16, 2010, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Why can't we just leave the damned game alone????

Are there suits in Croke Park twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do and every year they come up with new rules?

Just leave the damn rules alone and ... go clone Pat McEneany if you're so bored.

Farrandeelin

I only saw the Kerry match. That was a poor game, because one team were no good. It's great to have club games to go to on Sundays like these! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: thejuice on May 16, 2010, 06:23:26 PM

RE: mainstreet, maybe I am freaking out, I still think i have a tangible grip on my sanity and however, as I didnt see anyone pulled up for a shoulder although McHugh was raising a point abut it at half time

The talk here was about the shoulder charge by McKeever which was deemed legal by the ref, but the scuffles afterwards caused the ref to change the Armagh sideline ball to a throw up ball between them. I think he gave a yellow card to an Armagh player  for his part in the scuffle.

Zulu

He gave a yellow to McKeever when it was a Derry man who was the start of it.

longrunsthefox

It was a rubbish game... they called it as it was. 

Zulu

I didn't hear the analysis so I can't comment on today but they do, Spillane in particular, go way over the top IMO. By all  means acknowledge the lack of quality but discuss the game after that, the dodgy frees, the tactics, the future for both teams. We don't need to hear Pat ask (again) what teams are doing in training that they can't kick a point from 40m or give an accurate foot pass 35m. Here's a news flash Pat players never could, at least most of them.

Milltown Row2

Joe said if that tackle happened in a hurling game there would be no fuss, seems they are trying to sanitise football, have no idea why they are pushing this but they are ruining the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 16, 2010, 07:41:51 PM
It was a rubbish game... they called it as it was.

It's always a rubbish game with them.
MWWSI 2017

sammymaguire

you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Main Street

Quote from: Zulu on May 16, 2010, 07:00:00 PM
He gave a yellow to McKeever when it was a Derry man who was the start of it.
But in the first instance, the shoulder charge was deemed fair and it was sideline ball to Armagh.

Orior

Important comment from Orior's mum.

Whats up with Michael Lester's hair?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 08:43:49 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 16, 2010, 08:42:08 PM

Who is Michael Lester?
pedantic twat
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Quote from: hardstation on May 16, 2010, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on May 16, 2010, 08:46:34 PM

Who is Michael Lester?
pedantic t**t
Capital p and a full stop.

No bother hardstation you pedantic twat.  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Orior

Who is Michael Lester?

Ok ok, Michael Lyster. Blame my mum.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Jinxy

Even though the fare today was bad, I get the feeling with the panel now that they have decided gaelic football in its current form is in big trouble (Spillane in particular).
Hence they will focus on the negative aspects more than the positive as it reinforces this view.
A bit like Dunphy ignoring Ronaldo scoring a hat-trick, then when he fails to chase back he says "Look! I told you so."
In most sports, you get bad games, average games, good games and the occasional great game.
You can find plenty of negative stuff to focus on in a good game if that's what you want to do.
We're in for a summer of this and it completely sucks the life out of the whole thing.
Nothing worse than enjoying an entertaining game where two teams give it their all and then it goes back to the studio and you have the likes of Spillane saying the quality wasn't great.
His "putting the foot back into football" schtick is really starting to grate given the team he played on and the amount of goals they scored by basically throwing the ball into the net.
O'Rourke just looks fed up at this stage.
Given how quick the GAA was to pull Spillane up on his inaccurate statement today, I have a feeling the situation will be watched closely on an ongoing basis by HQ.
I wouldn't say they were one bit impressed today.
I'm all for telling it like it is, but I'm not going to listen to the Sunday Game panel bad mouthing our games and players for another summer.

If you were any use you'd be playing.