The Sunday Game 2010

Started by Jinxy, May 16, 2010, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

10 minutes into it and nothing but doom and gloom and Spillane bemoaning the state of gaelic football.
Congrats to everyone involved.
FFS.
We're going to be listening to this shite all year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

In fairness Cyril Farrell would make a good BA Baracus, as such Hannibal.

muppet

Jeysus the lads are so depressing.

I'd rather listen to Jedward discussing relativity.
MWWSI 2017

Elias

First game of the Championship (on these shores anyway) and already Spillane is on his soapbox. It's gonna ge a long summer!

Logan

With that idiot McStay commentating and whining then it really makes them a disgrace

As for those 3
There's not one of them know anything about blanket defences or anything useful about football

ddc1990

What exactly has Spillane said thats wrong?

Shite game.

Shite Reffing.

Shite football.

Mark Lynch has been the only shining light of the game. 2 great points, and great break for the goal.
Otherwise Yaaaaaaaawn!

Louth Exile

Colm summed it all up with his insightful comment of....

"Ah I don't know"

Top quality analysis to compliment and open and attacking game of football!!!!  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Cosmo Kramer

To be fair it's hard to argue with much of what they're saying today. The only thing is that at least Brolly is keeping quiet because Derry are playing, if it was any other team or any other province he'd be going into overdrive about now. I hope when he starts mouthing off about a crap Connacht game in a few weeks, someone reminds him of this match.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

put-it-up

They talk some shite. Whenever they can't think of anything else to talk about they just revert back to this 'oh the blanket defence is ruining our game'.

I know it's no thriller but its their first championship game of the year and I for one am enjoying watching it. If peopel don't like watching this football go watch Cricket or something.

Jinxy

I agree about this game though.
Putrid stuff.
Both teams will play much better football later on in the summer when they are away the Ulster championship and its mind-numbing drudgery.

put-it-up

Of all things that is annoying me its this bloody fist pass interpretation. So inconsistent.

Logan

Quote from: put-it-up on May 16, 2010, 02:59:50 PM
Of all things that is annoying me its this bloody fist pass interpretation. So inconsistent.
Aye ... and you're not playing!

put-it-up

Quote from: Logan on May 16, 2010, 03:01:10 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on May 16, 2010, 02:59:50 PM
Aye ... and you're not playing!

I can only imagine what it is like after running 40 yards, taking a big hit and then being penalised for not fisting it properly. The GAA obviously don't realise most club referees will just let it go as it was and it is only the higher-profile refs that will really look to enfore that one rigidly. Imagine the uproar at a club match if that kept getting blown up again and again. And let's be honest, how many senior club sides will have practised the new kind of handpass in the last couple of weeks?

I mean they are giving out we see little attacking flair. Giving a free against a forward for a quick flick of the hand is hardly giving the attacker the advantage now is it?

put-it-up

Commentators Giving out about McKeever's shoulder that led to the handbags there - did they actually read the rule changes at all?

Personally I saw nothing wrong with it but powers that be say:

6. Charge – A charge is now defined as "shoulder to shoulder" rather than "side to side"

Jinxy

But it was shoulder to shoulder.  ???