Jury Service

Started by full back, February 12, 2007, 03:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Just been notified I have to go to jury service in September.
What does it entail & is there any way I can get out of this?

ziggysego

There's a list of reasons on the back of the letter, on how you can be dismissed from Jury Duty.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Cheers lads,
So Im basically fcuked then and have to go

ziggysego

Unless you want to get a criminal conviction or stand in the Assembly elections in the meantime.... then yeah, you're fcuked.
Testing Accessibility

drumanee

you go every day for a week or and wait to see if you are selected,it's been a few years since i was there but i wore a pioneer pin (god forgive me) and this seemed to work ie:any symbol that would define your religion would automatically rule you out.don't know if this is still the case but worth a go.

full back

Maybe if I keep the Easter Lilly lying in the house til then I would get away with it, or if Im really stuck I could wear a poppy

Lecale2

Turn up in a Celtic shirt and pretend not to understand English.

ziggysego

Demand to be called by your Gaelic name
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

I was on the B****d for 12 weeks because of a mix up and it was a nightmare, the most boreing thing you'll ever do in your life. Them f**kers get money for nothing, you turn up for court then they come in and say can we put this back for a few weeks "No problem" says the Judge then you have to make your way back to work. It's not usually every day unless your picked for a case mine was 2 days a week.

The worst part is trying to claim back expenses for travel and work "rather you than me pal"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Cheers illdecide, I feel better already

ziggysego

If you get selected, best to get thrown off the jury asap.

When the defendant comes in, run your finger across your throat and give him the evil eye.
Testing Accessibility

Armagh ABÚ

My sister got the same letter this morning, it says something about September on the letter but i think it means its from the new list of names that was put through in September of last year!

full back

What does that mean?
My other half may not have read it correctly-f**king women

Square Ball

Snap

got mine today as well, its a conspiracy against this board, a conspiracy i tell you.

>:( >:(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

I got mine last year. I said I was unwell... I got taken off the list ;)
Testing Accessibility