Wicklow v Carlow

Started by stevecw, May 10, 2010, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

That's because they're idiots.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on May 16, 2010, 05:05:28 PM
Another great score from Glynn there. Wicklow could be capable of winning a few games this year.

3-13 to 0-12 now. Didn't expect that scoreline.

And that's it finished. Murphy and Walsh both sent off for Carlow, disaster of a day for them.
sorry hardstattion but I was watchin it on the old rte player don't know where they're getting that from.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

BallyhaiseMan

Dempsey denies discipline problem from Hoganstand.
15 May 2010

Luke Dempsey insists that Carlow have not got a discipline problem.

The Barrowsiders finished second bottom in the GAA's Fair Play Index at the end of the NFL, having accumulated 38 yellow cards and two straight reds, while they had two players sent off in the games against Wicklow, Clare and Leitrim.

And with fierce rivals Wicklow next up, there are fears that sparks will fly in tomorrow's Leinster SFC opener at O'Moore Park.

However, the Carlow manager said: "We're a team that is entirely disciplined. It was a sort of a chain reaction. When you see a league brought in for discipline - for me, it was a token effort. And when you see Kilkenny (almost) winning the fair play division ...

"No, it's not a worry. The players being sent off were for a lot of technical reasons, which we have tidied up a great deal since. I'm absolutely confident, and you'll find that out on Sunday when you see the results. We really have worked on it.

"It's starting off a new competition. There was this business where we had two players sent off, nearly consecutively - and it was laughable, some of the sendings-off, to be quite honest with you."

The Mullingar-based schoolteacher also believes Thomas Walsh's return from the Garden County won't heighten tensions between the neighbouring counties.

"It has been so talked about that it's worn out at this stage. The reality is that it's a championship match between two local teams, and it doesn't matter who Thomas Walsh is playing for - it is winner takes all and moves on to play Westmeath on June 6," he added.

Yes thats right Luke,no discipline problem at all  ::)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on May 16, 2010, 04:59:25 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 16, 2010, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on May 16, 2010, 04:52:55 PM
SOME goal by Leighton Glynn there and Brendan Murphy sent off.....
Glynn is some man for one man.
No credit to the forward, absolute rubbish defending from Carlow,

Brendan Murphy sent off, idiot.
No credit? Admittedly I'm having flashbacks of u10 but he did very well.

The 2 carlow backs showed him in towards goal, that is beyond stupidity. What clown of defender doesnt stay goal side but the worse thing about that goal the 2 defenders both pushed him towards goal.

Absolute joke of a performance.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Donnellys Hollow

How does the artist formerly known as Gerry Kinneavy keep getting games? Absolutely awful refereeing but I bet he gets top marks from the assessors.

Carlow kicked that game away to be honest. They dominated possession for the most part but the wides sucked the confidence out of them. I'm not sure Wicklow have improved since last year. Glynn and Furlong will be a threat to any defence but I think Westmeath will be quietly confident of turning them over with Glennon and Dolan back on board.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

My views on Gerry Kinneavy/aka Gearoid O' Cinneamha (or whatever you are having yourself) are well known.

Hard to see if he made a bags of it from the highlights but if I go on his previous form then he probably did. Typical that the early games get the tough approach. It has always been so. Like the (remind me) game about ten years ago where all 30 players were sent off. Carlow v Laois or Carlow v Wexford.

Croí na hÉireann

I see Micko thinks that Tullamore is in Westmeath and he wants to play us in a neutral venue  :D A few geography lessons for Mr. Journeyman required, there's no way we're taking the Biffos under our wing, things are bad enough as they are at the minute...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

I'd say Mic$o knows exactly where Tullamore is. He'd remember playing Offaly in All Ireland Finals (That's a big game at the end of the summer where the winner gets to be called the champion).

In fairness to him, Tullamore is almost a home venue for Westmeath. Sure the likes of Kilbeggan, Rochfortbridge, Tyrellspass, Moate and Athlone are only a puck of a ball away. It'd be like ye going down to Carlow/Wicklow border to play them.

Portlaoise would seem a bit more sensible, although ye have a great record in Tullamore.

EDit. oops. Worst kept secret in history further weakened :D

Croí na hÉireann

QuoteI'd say Mic$o knows exactly where Tullamore is. He'd remember playing Offaly in All Ireland Finals (That's a big game at the end of the summer where the winner gets to be called the champion).

In fairness to him, Tullamore is almost a home venue for Westmeath. Sure the likes of Kilbeggan, Rochfortbridge, Tyrellspass, Moate and Athlone are only a puck of a ball away. It'd be like ye going down to Carlow/Wicklow border to play them.

Portlaoise would seem a bit more sensible, although ye have a great record in Tullamore.

Wouldn't have any big issue playing in Portlaoise but it's just something for Micko to whinge about to build up the siege mentality for his team and supporters, Micko must be dreading that the maroon curse is about to strike again...  ;D At least we won't be facing any of Mickos mercenaries this year...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 17, 2010, 02:00:53 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 17, 2010, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on May 17, 2010, 01:24:07 PM
I'd say Mic$o knows exactly where Tullamore is. He'd remember playing Offaly in All Ireland Finals (That's a big game at the end of the summer where the winner gets to be called the champion).

Shouldnt you log out and log back in as your username AZ or Croi :D
Close but no cigar Sligonian ;D

Wouldn't have any big issue playing in Portlaoise but it's just something for Micko to whinge about to build up the siege mentality for his team and supporters, Micko must be dreading that the maroon curse is about to strike again...  ;D At least we won't be facing any mercenaries this year...
[/b]

Really? :D

Denn Forever

Why was the game played in Portlaoise? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2010, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 17, 2010, 02:00:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2010, 01:24:07 PM

Wouldn't have any big issue playing in Portlaoise but it's just something for Micko to whinge about to build up the siege mentality for his team and supporters, Micko must be dreading that the maroon curse is about to strike again...  ;D At least we won't be facing any of Mickos mercenaries this year...
[/b]

Really? :D
Has a player slipped in under my radar AZ?  ???

AZOffaly

Main Street

I think the one formerly known (to me) as AZOffaly was slyly referring to the blessed one.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2010, 01:55:42 PM

EDit. oops. Worst kept secret in history further weakened :D

:D

Keep up the good work.. ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"