Gordon is gone. A new dawn(fades)?

Started by Denn Forever, May 10, 2010, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Sandino on May 12, 2010, 02:17:07 PM
I had to take a very deep breath before I penned this comment.

typed  ;D and well done, it must have taken some guts to agree with the fox in the wide open forum and let us all know about it...  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

EC Unique

I had to take a very deep breath before I typed this comment. I agree with the longrunsthefox. There I said it and it may be a first but what the heck. It will be us feckers here who get the hit. I' not sure but how many Tories were voted in between Scotland Wales and the North of Ireland, less than a handful. These areas will now be over looked for the good of Little England and that magical 40% at the next election.

Indeed there are those who misuse the DLA system but I feel sickened by EC Unique with your generalisations. Few of us know what goes on inside many homes and a blanket response from the Tories will only hurt the innocent and vulnerable as well as the misusers. Anyone who lived through the Thatcher years will agree we have a lot to worry about under a Tory government. The 'black economy' was a very small economy back in the 80's. in the future I wonder if we in the north will have the same view on migrant workers as some do at present when our children again set off around the world looking for employment.

Thanks Sammy

I did not generalise! I said that there were genuine cases where people are entitled to welfare!!

I just hope that the cuts get rid of the spongers and the people who really need it get it.

A whole new system that would root out the people who are happy to sit at home when they are perfectly capable of a days work and yet protects the genuine people would be a good thing for all of us.

No?

Joxer

just watching the press conference here. Two smug f**krs.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
Obviously genuinely sick people can not. They are entitled to welfare. However I am not naive enough to believe that all people 'on the sick' are genuine.

Unemployed are another matter. I believe that if you really want to work, are prepared to do anything (legal) then you will get a job. Far too many people laying at home happly to be on the dole getting housing benefit and child benefit and God knows what else. Cut their benefits and hay presto... a job will appear.

I'm sure they're not all genuine but you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Not all calls to 999 are genuine but that doesn't mean you cut the service, you just try to improve it.

If jobs could appear like that then there wouldn't be a problem. Yes, some people take the piss but there are many genuine cases out there. What you are suggesting will only result in emigration or a rise in crime.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Joxer on May 12, 2010, 02:49:03 PM
Couldnt agree more.

Clegg started to get on my nerves in the first debate and at this stage I'd turn over to another station if his smug face comes up on the screen.I just can't put my finger on it but he's a condescending insincere p***k.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

reddgnhand

Quote from: EC Unique on May 12, 2010, 02:32:42 PM
I had to take a very deep breath before I typed this comment. I agree with the longrunsthefox. There I said it and it may be a first but what the heck. It will be us feckers here who get the hit. I' not sure but how many Tories were voted in between Scotland Wales and the North of Ireland, less than a handful. These areas will now be over looked for the good of Little England and that magical 40% at the next election.

Indeed there are those who misuse the DLA system but I feel sickened by EC Unique with your generalisations. Few of us know what goes on inside many homes and a blanket response from the Tories will only hurt the innocent and vulnerable as well as the misusers. Anyone who lived through the Thatcher years will agree we have a lot to worry about under a Tory government. The 'black economy' was a very small economy back in the 80's. in the future I wonder if we in the north will have the same view on migrant workers as some do at present when our children again set off around the world looking for employment.

Thanks Sammy

I did not generalise! I said that there were genuine cases where people are entitled to welfare!!

I just hope that the cuts get rid of the spongers and the people who really need it get it.

A whole new system that would root out the people who are happy to sit at home when they are perfectly capable of a days work and yet protects the genuine people would be a good thing for all of us.

No?

How would you do it. The system is abused by the one's that should know better.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 12, 2010, 06:20:12 PM
Couldnt agree more.

Clegg started to get on my nerves in the first debate and at this stage I'd turn over to another station if his smug face comes up on the screen.I just can't put my finger on it but he's a condescending insincere p***k.
Total opposite of ex Labour PM Blair then...As for insincerity, maybe you missed your beloved Brown giving that weirdo smile for the cameras before slating Gillian Duffy as soon as he thought the press pack had gone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 12, 2010, 06:53:29 PM
Couldnt agree more.

Total opposite of ex Labour PM Blair then...As for insincerity, maybe you missed your beloved Brown giving that weirdo smile for the cameras before slating Gillian Duffy as soon as he thought the press pack had gone.
Beloved?  :D
I didnt really like blair, another smug git but unlike these two there was at least some substance to him.
As for Brown and Gillian Duffy, he didnt do anything the rest of us havent done.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 12, 2010, 06:58:56 PM
Couldnt agree more.

I didnt really like blair, another smug git but unlike these two there was at least some substance to him.
As for Brown and Gillian Duffy, he didnt do anything the rest of us havent done.
So Cameron has no substance, based on his 20 odd hours in office. Good man pints.

GalwayBayBoy

All about going to the right schools.

(1) the Hon. Edward Sebastian Grigg, the heir to Baron Altrincham of Tormarton and current chairman of Credit Suisse (UK)

(2) David Cameron

(3) Ralph Perry Robinson, a former child actor, designer, furniture-maker

(4) Ewen Fergusson, son of the British ambassador to France, Sir Ewen Fergusson and now at City law firm Herbert Smith

(5) Matthew Benson, the heir to the Earldom of Wemyss and March

(6) Sebastian James, the son of Lord Northbourne, a major landowner in Kent

(7) Jonathan Ford, the-then president of the club, a banker with Morgan Grenfell

(8 Boris Johnson, the-then president of the Oxford Union, now Lord Mayor of London

9) Harry Eastwood, the investment fund consultant

(1) George Osborne, now the Shadow Chancellor;

(2) writer Harry Mount, the heir to the Baronetcy of Wasing and Mr. Cameron's cousin;

(3) Chris Coleridge, the descendant of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the son of Lloyds' chairman David Coleridge, the brother of Conde Nast managing director Nicholas Coleridge

(4) German aristocrat and managing consultant Baron Lupus von Maltzahn,

(5) the late Mark Petre, the heir to the Barony of Petre;

(6) Australian millionaire Peter Holmes a Cour;

(7) Nat Rothschild, the heir to the Barons Rothschilds and co-founder of a racy student paper with Harry Mount

(8 Jason Gissing, the chairman of Ocado supermarkets.

Two figures on left of (6) and (7) were blacked out before the photo was released, causing wild allegations. Their identities are yet unknown. My top contenders (based on the influence in the City, the Athenaeum and their Oxford prominence) include:

(1) the Hon. Michael Gove, Shadow Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, former president of the Oxford Union and "one-man think-tank"

(2) the Hon. Adam Bruce, the son of the Earl of Elgin and incumbent Unicorn Pursuivant of Arms

(3) the Hon. Edward Vaizey, the son of Lord Vaizey and the Shadow Minister for Culture

(4) the founder of Think Tank Policy Exchange, and conservative activist Nicholas Boles

(5) Steven Hilton, the director of strategy for Cameron and godfather of Cameron's children

Minder

George Osborne would give you the skitter, I would say if you ripped his throat out there would be nothing but wires.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

red hander

Wouldn't have minded being there when both pictures were taken ... carrying a Kalashnikov with four spare magazines

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 12, 2010, 07:17:09 PM
Couldnt agree more.

So Cameron has no substance, based on his 20 odd hours in office. Good man pints.
Well we'll see go it turns out but so far I haven't seen or heard anything from him to suggest there's any substance there.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 12, 2010, 07:22:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 12, 2010, 07:17:09 PM
Couldnt agree more.

Well we'll see go it turns out but so far I haven't seen or heard anything from him to suggest there's any substance there.
You can only judge him on his time in office. He's not going to be the most popular PM as he's inheriting an economic shitstorm from Labour.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on May 12, 2010, 05:09:14 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:44:06 PM
Obviously genuinely sick people can not. They are entitled to welfare. However I am not naive enough to believe that all people 'on the sick' are genuine.

Unemployed are another matter. I believe that if you really want to work, are prepared to do anything (legal) then you will get a job. Far too many people laying at home happly to be on the dole getting housing benefit and child benefit and God knows what else. Cut their benefits and hay presto... a job will appear.

I'm sure they're not all genuine but you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Not all calls to 999 are genuine but that doesn't mean you cut the service, you just try to improve it.

If jobs could appear like that then there wouldn't be a problem. Yes, some people take the piss but there are many genuine cases out there. What you are suggesting will only result in emigration or a rise in crime.

You agree with my assesment. It appears where we disagree is that something needs to be done to sort it out.