Gordon is gone. A new dawn(fades)?

Started by Denn Forever, May 10, 2010, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteI think you'll find that all governments make mistakes but the way Labour fucked the economy living on the never never will take some beating, no matter what the Tories do.
The worldwide recession fucked the economy.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

thewobbler

QuoteThe worldwide recession fucked the economy.
That's right Pints. A global recession caused by the fact the world's richest countries allowed borrowing to go unchecked. Gordon Brown was the chancellor who lived on the never never.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on May 11, 2010, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 11, 2010, 09:22:44 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2010, 09:01:46 PM
QuoteAnd we're all going to get fucked
I think you'll find that all governments make mistakes but the way Labour fucked the economy living on the never never will take some beating, no matter what the Tories do.

Quotefor the north it will mean cuts cuts and more cuts.
The north needs this. It'll be a hard and horrible couple of years for anyone affected by it, but the end result will be better. Unless of course labour get back into power and spend 5 years re-instating utterly pointless jobs.

I really hope the welfare state takes the biggest hit.

We have a Tory boy in our mist ;)

Our mist? I don't have any mist.

:D :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

longrunsthefox

This is bad news. Belt yourselves in for a rough ride with these b*****ds back in power. The maggie thatcher years were a nightmare and this shower will hammer the North, not with their shoot to kill and draconian laws this time but economically and on jobs front we will get it in the neck. The problem with the british is young voters didn't experience them and older ones seem to have forgotten.
'He who does not remember his past is doomed top repeat it.'

pintsofguinness

Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2010, 09:32:58 PM
QuoteThe worldwide recession fucked the economy.
That's right Pints. A global recession caused by the fact the world's richest countries allowed borrowing to go unchecked. Gordon Brown was the chancellor who lived on the never never.
and you think a conservative govt would have done anything differently?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

EC Unique

Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2010, 09:18:40 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2010, 09:01:46 PM
QuoteAnd we're all going to get fucked
I think you'll find that all governments make mistakes but the way Labour fucked the economy living on the never never will take some beating, no matter what the Tories do.

Quotefor the north it will mean cuts cuts and more cuts.
The north needs this. It'll be a hard and horrible couple of years for anyone affected by it, but the end result will be better. Unless of course labour get back into power and spend 5 years re-instating utterly pointless jobs.

I really hope the welfare state takes the biggest hit.

I think it has to, and will.

Hope you are right. About time a few more people started paddling their own boats. Welfare and civil servants that is.

trileacman

No good wishing for this that and the other to get caught up. The shit hits the fan from here out. Its not going ta be good. Not good at all.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:17:33 PM

Hope you are right. About time a few more people started paddling their own boats. Welfare and civil servants that is.

What are you talking about? How the feck can ye paddle your own boat if you're on welfare?

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on May 11, 2010, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:17:33 PM

What are you talking about? How the feck can ye paddle your own boat if you're on welfare?

Are you saying you think that all people on welfare are genuine cases?

thewobbler

Quoteand you think a conservative govt would have done anything differently?
The point is they weren't in power. Labour were and they fucked the place properly. To give them another term would have been a most unjust of rewards.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:24:20 PM

Simple question. How do you expect the unemployed and the sick to paddle their own boats?

ziggysego

Quote from: thewobbler on May 11, 2010, 10:30:42 PM
Quoteand you think a conservative govt would have done anything differently?
The point is they weren't in power. Labour were and they fucked the place properly. To give them another term would have been a most unjust of rewards.

Tories could land the UK more into the brown, so to speak.
Testing Accessibility

bennydorano

There's nothing to fear from properly targeted cuts.  I doubt there's a big enough majority for them to go truely bananas with the cuts, there'll be a lot of 'freezing' of wages and departmental budgets.  Any sustained bounce in the financial markets and the sale of the Nationalised banks will take a big chunck from the deficit. 

I predict an election in the autumn of 2011, just enough time for descension in the Liberal ranks to really come to the fore when the hard decisions have been made and their effects are being felt far & wide and the honeymoon period is but a distant memory.

The majority of the British press should be ashamed of themselves as well, Sky are a disgrace and the likes of The Times have went down in estimation a lot, their editorial  today when commenting on Nick Clegg speaking to Labour was a childish rant.  Rupert Murdoch has had a very big say in this election.

Adios to Gordon, a man I have a serious amount of respect for, a genuine man who couldn't or didn't want to play the PR game.   His likely replacement David Milliband stikes me as a toady wee shite.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on May 11, 2010, 10:31:54 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 11, 2010, 10:24:20 PM

Simple question. How do you expect the unemployed and the sick to paddle their own boats?

Obviously genuinely sick people can not. They are entitled to welfare. However I am not naive enough to believe that all people 'on the sick' are genuine.

Unemployed are another matter. I believe that if you really want to work, are prepared to do anything (legal) then you will get a job. Far too many people laying at home happly to be on the dole getting housing benefit and child benefit and God knows what else. Cut their benefits and hay presto... a job will appear.

thewobbler

Seriously fellas it's not about what the Tories would have done had they been in charge or what they're going to do now they're mostly in charge.

Labour were the incumbents and made a right mess of it. Take it down to your GAA committe level and imagine backing a chairman who bankrupted the club with nothing to show for it.