Championship Playoff Final Blackpool v Cardiff

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 07, 2010, 09:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

anybody else watching this tonight? forest 2 Blackpool 3 at the moment the 3rd pool goal was barca type goal  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

2-4 Blackpool on there way to Wembley hope they go all the way now
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Gutted for Forest, had really hoped they would get promoted
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 07, 2010, 01:00:18 PM
paddypower odds for promotion

Forest 9/4
Cardiff 12/5
Leicester 11/4
Blackpool 3/1

Not sure who dreams up these odds for 50-50 games

Blessing in disguise maybe. Billy Davies was interviewed earlier in the year and he more or less said they werent ready to go up, he said he went up with a team before who werent ready and he lost his job over it (Derby in 2007). He even said this week that none of the 4 teams were good enough to go up. Whilst he will be dissapointed for a couple of days, i think he get over it fairly quickly. It would have been nice to see us on MOTD next year instead of the programme after it, but not getting beat by 3, 4 or more every week. Fair play to Blackpool they were class tonight. but if they get up, you would have to fear for them next season
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Wasn't able watch it tonight Hoof, shocking pity I was looking forward to going to both Liverpool v Forest games next year..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 11, 2010, 09:30:52 PM
Gutted for Forest, had really hoped they would get promoted

You're not the only one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Declan

Enjoyable game and some good goals. Blackpool are a decent footballing side but will struggle alright if they go up. Young Coleman looks a decent prospect for us

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 11, 2010, 09:56:23 PM
Wasn't able watch it tonight Hoof, shocking pity I was looking forward to going to both Liverpool v Forest games next year..

yes, was making plans earlier with a liverpool mate of mine who was in my house when Forest went 1-0 up. We were discussing how to go about getting tickets for the City Ground :D

Maybe next year !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ross4life

DJ Campbell scored a nice hat-trick tonight, Blackpool is good place to spend a weekend away next season me thinks  :P

Denn Forever

Well done the 'pool.

Not a phase that has been used too much lately.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SLIGONIAN

Was glad for Blackpool, Seamus Coleman who is on loan from Everton was great player for Sligo Rovers for yrs, still only young and developing well.

I have great time for Holloway aswell, would love to see him in the premiership. I did feel sorry for Forest, I like to see bug clubs back where they belong like ourselves so hopefully theyll do better next yr.

If Leicester win tonight DJ Campbell wont be allowed play in the final as he is on loan from leicester, so he'll be hoping cardiff win.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 12, 2010, 12:42:18 PM
Was glad for Blackpool, Seamus Coleman who is on loan from Everton was great player for Sligo Rovers for yrs, still only young and developing well.

I have great time for Holloway aswell, would love to see him in the premiership. I did feel sorry for Forest, I like to see bug clubs back where they belong like ourselves so hopefully theyll do better next yr.

If Leicester win tonight DJ Campbell wont be allowed play in the final as he is on loan from leicester, so he'll be hoping cardiff win.
He said as much last night so I can't see him back at Leicester anyway!
Coleman was v impressive again last night.

magpie seanie

Coleman is a serious prospect alright and really the ROI senior management should be nurturing him starting now. He's already as good as anything we have in that position and could be really top class. Moyes will make sure his development continues along the right path. Tony Hibbert will be looking nervously over his shoulder.

Always admired McPhail. A bit of a mystery why it never really took off for him. Large slices of bad luck I suppose though he has still had a decent career. Would be a nice story if he can make it to the Prem with Cardiff.

Rained goals at the end last night. Blackpool will take a bit of stopping, hit form at just the right time. Opposite is true of Forest.

imtommygunn

That Leicester boy who tried to chip the penalty needs a good kick up the arse for it... Doing that in a match that big, shocking...

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 12, 2010, 10:27:42 PM
That Leicester boy who tried to chip the penalty needs a good kick up the arse for it... Doing that in a match that big, shocking...

I dunno, if he scored he would have been a great fella. Didn't a Pole do it in the 70's to win the European Championship? If he had of placed it and missed people would be saying he should have blasted it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"