Started by dubai2000, May 05, 2010, 12:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubai2000

Derry v Armagh

Seated Stand £23 -

Terrace £13

surely £23 to watch a game is dalylight robbery

mountainboii

£13 is pretty good value. £23 is a fair jump just for a sit down, though.

Newbridge Exile

[/quote]
Would agree £13 isn't too bad but a jump of  £10 for the seated stand is way way too much

illdecide

Was the 1st round of Ulster not £10 last year ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mountainboii

TacadoirArdMhacha

Amazing how good value the season tickets are for Armagh supporters this year. €25 for both the League final and 1st round. Take that out of the price of the season ticket and you've paid €25 for the 7 League matches - just over €3.50 a match!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mountainboii

shaund10

Whats the problem here? Its not like there giving you no choice. If you dont want to pay the extra tenner then dont. You can still guarantee that the stand will be more full than the terraces. The Gaa have a right to milk the stand for all it can.

What should be said in the opening post is: "13 quid to watch a championship game, terrific value". Compare that with the cost of premiership tickets across the water. Add in the concessions for kids and students and I dont think we're hard done by by the GAA at all.

donelli

stg23???
that is too expensive.
i have a season ticket, so the first rd prices of games wont affect me.
but this price will definelty put me da from going (i'll prob end up givin him my season ticket). he wouldnt be able for the terrace and is a few years too young for the oap.

the problem is the people setting these prices NEVER have to pay in themsleves.  Setting unrealistic prices like this will swerve a lot of the summer support.

and dont compare it to premiership soccer prices. Differnent sport and anyone foolish enough to be duped into that circus deserves all the expense they get.

centrefield

Quote from: shaund10 on May 07, 2010, 12:26:57 PM
Whats the problem here? Its not like there giving you no choice. If you dont want to pay the extra tenner then dont. You can still guarantee that the stand will be more full than the terraces. The Gaa have a right to milk the stand for all it can.

What should be said in the opening post is: "13 quid to watch a championship game, terrific value". Compare that with the cost of premiership tickets across the water. Add in the concessions for kids and students and I dont think we're hard done by by the GAA at all.

what on earth are you talking about...gaa has right to milk the stand...im sorry but what a complete load of tripe...and to compare the premiership with gaa championship is like comparing austrailias summer to ours....premiership has huge profile with alot more at stake than gaa teams and therefore higher demand for tickets which increases the price of tickets...noway can you compare the two in any way shape or form.

shaund10

To the above poster, That may be a tough situation with your father, but it is perfectly understandable for the GAA to expect a man of u-65 to be able to handle standing in the terrace. Milk the stand? Yes by all means? Do you people understand the concept of 1st class travel? Do you pay extra for that?

The GAA is offering you the chance to see the game for a very reasonable stg13. If you want to "travel first class" and use the stand, then you should pay extra, and significantly extra. The majority of real GAA fans are used to standing during club games etc. You will find the majority of these on the terraces. Like I said before, the stand will still be more full than the terraces. If you want your comfort, then stop whinging and pay for it.

I only used the premiership comparison because it is the obvious one. So lets compare it to a few others for entertainment value. A movie at the cinema will cost you about 8. A night at the theater 20. A concert 30-60. Here you get a championship match for 13, and a minor match thrown in. Excellent value. It just makes it all the fairer tat the kids, students and OAP's  let in for next to nothing

shaund10

Right Boycey, if you were the man upstairs, how would you price up this game? Stand/terrace etc? Fairly now, considering the GAA does have to make money to keep the games alive and strong.

centrefield

to be honest where does all this money go to? they will milk the stands surely but that doesnt mean it is right to do so...take for example the celebrtions for 125th anniversary with first national league game last year with dublin and meath at croke park....huge firework celebration costing manys tens of thousands of euros and for what? its a total joke the way the gaa is run in my honest opinion...also fining the county boards of an amatuer orgainisation is down right ridiculous also.

armaghniac

Some people seem to enjoy giving out!

Quoteto be honest where does all this money go to?

The GAA publishes full accounts, most of those giving out haven't bothered to read them.

Quotetake for example the celebrtions for 125th anniversary with first national league game last year with dublin and meath at croke park....huge firework celebration costing manys tens of thousands of euros

This game charged an extra fee on the normal price of a ticket. Croke Pk was filled and the anniversary was celebrated. Not onlyt were the fireworks paid for, but I expect a surplus was made. What would you prefer, one quarter of the crowd in Parnell Pk?

Quotealso fining the county boards of an amatuer orgainisation is down right ridiculous also.

These fines remain within the amateur organisation, of course. And they only arise where these boards don't follow the procedures their own organisation has set out, if they don't like these they can vote to change them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B