Mcllory closing in on first PGA Title?

Started by magickingdom, May 02, 2010, 08:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Don't like him, but like the way he caught the ferry over to Celtic Park the Ulster rugby game during the no fly shite.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

mournerambler

Congrats to Rory McIlroy on an amazing display & was nice to hear him refer to 'the North of Ireland' in the interview afterwards  ;)

magickingdom

Quote from: mournerambler on May 02, 2010, 10:39:15 PM
Congrats to Rory McIlroy on an amazing display & was nice to hear him refer to 'the North of Ireland' in the interview afterwards  ;)

'north of ireland' is actually the name of an amateur golf event like the better known 'west of ireland' but im not sure if thats what he meant. feherty managed to mention ulster and ni about 4 times in the interview. like it or not mcllory call himself british more often than not (and i for one dont like it but its his call). anyway super super golf and a real nice guy in interviews

Dinny Breen

Would being British not be better for his career ala Barry McGuigan, just asking the question btw
#newbridgeornowhere

magickingdom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 02, 2010, 10:49:57 PM
Would being British not be better for his career ala Barry McGuigan, just asking the question btw

why? its an individual sport

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Orior

Quote from: magickingdom on May 02, 2010, 10:46:35 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on May 02, 2010, 10:39:15 PM

'north of ireland' is actually the name of an amateur golf event like the better known 'west of ireland' but im not sure if thats what he meant. feherty managed to mention ulster and ni about 4 times in the interview. like it or not mcllory call himself british more often than not (and i for one dont like it but its his call). anyway super super golf and a real nice guy in interviews

Yeah, I think he was referring to the golf tournament. Anyway, this must be good news for the "we exist" brigade, who seem to have left GAA Board en masse.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

In an interview Ruairi said he would phone his parents, then Holly. I thought he'd dumped Holly?

But I hope Holly wasnt watching when Ruairi was signing autographs (picture the Happy Gilmore scene when Happy signs a girls breasts)

JimStynes

Is he Catholic or a Prod? I heard his ma is from Taghnaven in lurgan.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Dennis Taylor, Barry McGuigan, RuairĂ­ Mac Giolla Ruaidh, Pat Jennings

Who was the greatest international taig?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gorm agus bui

Doesn't his uncle referee GAA in Down?

mournerambler

I'm pretty sure that it is his Uncle who referee's for the St. Pauls (Holywood) club.

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on May 03, 2010, 12:08:03 AM
Dennis Taylor, Barry McGuigan, RuairĂ­ Mac Giolla Ruaidh, Pat Jennings

Who was the greatest international taig?

Liam Neeson (boxer)
Martin O'Neill (soccer)

RoryMcRory is the greatest