Gerry Ryan dead

Started by Minder, April 30, 2010, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Minder

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 30, 2010, 06:01:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 30, 2010, 03:36:47 PM
Heard it was a heart attack.

so obviously the pm results were faxed directly to you ???

Emailed actually.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: mannix on April 30, 2010, 05:37:01 PM
CAPT PAT, are you joking? Gerry was much too heavy for to be healthy. I was not a fan in later years but in the late 80s I listened every day.Sad to hear the news,he was a friend to hundreds of thousands through his radio show and his passing will leave a big hole in a lot of lives.
RIP.

Well I only just saw an image on the news of how overweight he had become. What I meant was even up to a couple of years ago he was in pretty good shape and healthy looking. He was well preserved for a man of 53 ad his former wife looked about 30 even though she is 50.

gerry

first heard him on 2fm weeknights after dave flanning in the early eighties.  he be a lost to us his listners and to his wife and children.  the sad thing is that he passed away by alone
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 30, 2010, 07:04:55 PM
Quote from: mannix on April 30, 2010, 05:37:01 PM
CAPT PAT, are you joking? Gerry was much too heavy for to be healthy. I was not a fan in later years but in the late 80s I listened every day.Sad to hear the news,he was a friend to hundreds of thousands through his radio show and his passing will leave a big hole in a lot of lives.
RIP.

Well I only just saw an image on the news of how overweight he had become. What I meant was even up to a couple of years ago he was in pretty good shape and healthy looking. He was well preserved for a man of 53 ad his former wife looked about 30 even though she is 50.
I can only imagine that becoming single in his 50s, and without the wife's watchful eye, healthy living wasn't high on the agenda.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 30, 2010, 03:06:44 PM
Rest in peace, Shocking news.

Jees eaglelord despicable comments.

Agreed.
RIP Gerry
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ildanach

the day at work will be that bit longer without him on the radio. i used to listen in every day and before you would no it, it would be 12 o clock. love him or loath him he was interesting to listen to and almost always said it as it was. RIP
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ziggysego

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 30, 2010, 06:11:39 PM

you must be new around here.

I really shouldn't have laughed in this thread, but that comment made me smile Doogie :)
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

I heard that he had actually called in sick this morning?

Like many on here, I detested the man, but would often listen to him just to annoy myself (something i couldn't do with thon eejit duffy) - he will be missed, even by those of us who didn't like his show.  Btw, I thought his late late show was very good.

Hoof Hearted

Minder's avatar should be a man in a cloak with a big scythe !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

seafoid

In addition to what it means to his family it's very bad news for 2fm. The advertising from the Gerry Ryan show subsidises everything else.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 30, 2010, 08:31:08 PM

Minder's avatar should be a man in a cloak with a big scythe !!
The Death Notices thread is really Minder's Official Obituaries Thread.

Ulick

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2010, 09:11:58 PM
In addition to what it means to his family it's very bad news for 2fm. The advertising from the Gerry Ryan show subsidises everything else.

Nah, sure they'll not have to pay his salary anymore.

An Gaeilgoir

i live arounfd the corner from his former family house. The amount to papparazzi outside the house this evening was sickening. Like him or loathe him, his family deserve better than that. RIP Gerry.

magpie seanie

Personally I enjoyed him most of the time and just avoided him the times I wasn't in the humour for him. Amazed me how many people reckoned they didn't like him. In my book that's usually a great recommendation! RIP. Too young to die.