Gerry Ryan dead

Started by Minder, April 30, 2010, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Wasn't his biggest fan but it'll be strange not hearing him on the radio in the morning. Was virtually an institution in morning radio.

RIP Gerry.

orangeman

Shocking news - a great man on the radio.

He'll be missed.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Yes I Would

Always enjoyed his show.. Hiim & Looney, who was on this morning worked very well together.

RIP

EagleLord

Sorry lads, that comment was terrible. Bad form.

FermPundit

RTÉ broadcaster Gerry Ryan is found dead in Dublin - Irish Times

RTÉ presenter Gerry Ryan has been found dead at his apartment in Dublin.

The alarm was raised after Ryan (53) failed to show up this morning for the 2fm radio show he has presented since 1988.

He was found at his apartment at Upper Leeson Street in Ballsbridge.

The cause of death is unknown at present but foul play is not suspected.

In addition to his popular radio programme, the controversial broadcaste, who joined RTéin 1979, presented a host of television programmes, including Ryan Confidential, Gerry Ryan Tonight, Ryantown, Gerry Ryan's Hitlist  and Operation Transformation.

He co-presented the 1994 Eurovision Song Contest from Dublin's Point Theatre and replaced Pat Kenny for an edition of The Late Late Show  in 2008.

He published his autobiography - Would the Real Gerry Ryan Please Stand Up -  in 2008.

The broadcaster announced a separation from his wife Morah in March 2008 after 26 years of marriage. The couple have five children.

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

seafoid

I remember listening to him when he used to have an evening show on Radio 2 around 1983. Very sad loss especially for his kids and ex wife.

Minder

Heard it was a heart attack.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

leenie

the news is only out and already i'm getting jokes......

i'd say it won't be long till a few pop up here..

but remember lads it is times like this when "bans are issued".....
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

OverTheBlackSpot

He had put the beef on, its always the good ones. Why not Stephen Nolan ??

illdecide

RIP Gerry Ryan. He had that distinctive voice that you instantly recognised when the radio was turned on, sad time for his kids and family
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on April 30, 2010, 03:36:47 PM
Heard it was a heart attack.

Yep he put on a lot of weight over the last few years! sounds like he died alone which is very Sad

The first time i saw him was on the that rock quiz show (can't remember what it was called)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sammymaguire

awful news - will be missed by tens of thousands every week day morning
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bing Crosby .

Very sad news. I recall listening to his show everyday around the time Freddy Mercury died. He used to annoy me too much going on about croissant's so I switched over to Pat and never went back. The man was a character loved my hundred of thousands. May the Lord have mercy on his soul.

Hedley Lamarr

Gerry could always provoke debate, of that there is no doubt.....he'll be sadly missed.

R.I.P.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: