Gerry Ryan dead

Started by Minder, April 30, 2010, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Did any of you watch the show last night on Gerry's life ?

What did you make of it ?

ross matt

Quote from: orangeman on December 28, 2010, 11:18:16 AM
Did any of you watch the show last night on Gerry's life ?

What did you make of it ?

Yeah Orangeman I did... mainly cause I'd nothing better to do at the time. It was a love in rather than any kind of objective documentary I thought. Dave Fanning was the only one who injected reality in to it at times. His kids seemed very together. Not sure what to make of his wife... seemed a little strange. The little lecture on drug abuse at the end looked as if it was hastily added in. RIP to the man. His legacy is well tarnished though.

orangeman

I can't really argue with either of that analysis.

Gerry lived life in the fast lane and as usual it's only in review and in hindsight that you can really appreciate these things.

And as Chris Evans said at the beginning of the show, life in the fast lane is great and is hugely enjoyable but it's not sustainable.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on December 28, 2010, 12:22:44 PM
I can't really argue with either of that analysis.

Gerry lived life in the fast lane and as usual it's only in review and in hindsight that you can really appreciate these things.

And as [b/]Chris Evans[/b] said at the beginning of the show, life in the fast lane is great and is hugely enjoyable but it's not sustainable.
Just finished reading his second book yesterday. He counts himself very lucky that he didn't get involved in drugs as he reckons if his consumption was in line with his boozing he'd have been buried years ago.