Derry v Armagh Championship

Started by bennydorano, April 28, 2010, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ross4life on May 15, 2010, 09:17:52 PM
Quick question when was the last time Derry beat Armagh in the Ulster championship 90s?

Had to know what's going to happen in the morning. I really see it as a 50 / 50 match pure and simple. One or two outstanding performances on either side or a refereeing decision could be the difference. Hard tyo know what way Armagh will line out tomorrow - I'd really expected the same team as started the league final. Be interesting if Vernon does go to half back but it would beg the question why this wasn't tried in the League.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Noticed Heaney saying that in Irish News bout Vernon, cant see it either.  We could pretty much play as selected with Mackin and Nippy floating about MF.  I can see the thinking with Toner at FB, the memories of A Mallon on Bradley in Casement make me think he'll pick up Eoin, if he's not fit for him we could be in bother.

Rav67

Quote from: red hander on May 14, 2010, 06:56:11 PM
According to the BBC, they've only shifted 8,000 tickets for this game

Hardly surprising, I'd say those are seated tickets sold.  People know it won't sell out so will go up on the day.  Hopefully we'll get around 15,000 at it.

See it as 50/50 too, have a few pound on the draw which looks decent value at 13/2.  Not confident at all about the Derry defence named but the forward line has a lot of potential.  I hope Declan Mullan is fully fit, he could really make a name for himself tomorrow.

DennistheMenace

Just a quick one for Armagh fans does A Kernan take any of your frees ?

Just curious as Paddypower have him in a scoring match against Wilkinson for Derry and tempted to lump on Kernan.

omagh_gael

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 15, 2010, 11:13:33 PM

Just curious as Paddypower have him in a scoring match against Wilkinson for Derry and tempted to lump on Kernan.

I had him on my fantasy football team for league and he rattled up a fair share of points, practically all from frees.

Does anyone know If this is on BBC ulster radio tomoro? I'm stuck in work and only have acces to the wireless!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 15, 2010, 11:13:33 PM

Stevie would take a few of them as well.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

downtown

He would take the frees from the left. I seen that bet myself but the one i was tempted by the Kernan to score over 2.5 points at 10/11. Thought it seemed decent value for free taker

DuffleKing

Ah come on lads, there's not a chance toner will be anywhere other than mfield. That means ak or vernon to wing back. Putting ak back would be admitting defeat on the ak experiment so I'd bet my house on vernon going back. That does present a worry because I can't see who he can comfortably pick up.

boojangles

Quote from: downtown on May 15, 2010, 11:39:11 PM
He would take the frees from the left. I seen that bet myself but the one i was tempted by the Kernan to score over 2.5 points at 10/11. Thought it seemed decent value for free taker

Where did ya see that bet??

Family guy

Wat time is the minor game at??wat time will the senior game throw in at?

SambaSaffron

Quote from: boojangles on May 16, 2010, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: downtown on May 15, 2010, 11:39:11 PM

Where did ya see that bet??
Its on Paddypower

give her dixie

Don't forget to follow the match on Facebook.
Half time and full time scores, plus any major incidents from the match will be posted as they happen.

Currently, the vote is 11 to 4 in favour of an Armagh win.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GAA-News/119100338120402
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

An Fear Rua

Any internet streams out there for us exiles?
Its Grim up North

Maguire01

McGuckin a liability at the back.

Cosmo Kramer

This is utter shyte. If everyone played the game the way Armagh do the sport would die a quick enough death.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100