Derry v Armagh Championship

Started by bennydorano, April 28, 2010, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Have you ever heard of chinese whispers??

Yes but never understood them.

orangeman

Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 14, 2010, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 14, 2010, 01:43:34 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 14, 2010, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 14, 2010, 09:59:35 AM
I have been reliably informed by a Derry man....

Edited by Mod3 - Unsubstantiatated rumours and gossip like that is not permitted here. Please be aware that those close to the people allegedly involved , or the people themselves, may well be looking in here.

Thanks

What do you mean unsubstantiated?  It is a fact! thirty two Derry players saw it. The majority of the the Derry backroom staff saw it. Eoin Bradley has four stitches below his eye. It is the talk of Derry.
What substantiation do you require?

I smell a ban coming your way WP.

Why? How come! This is a discussion board. I can stand over everything I have said here. When you see some of the rumours and gossips and lies on here where no repercussions are taken, why should I be banned?

There can apolgies issued to posters who feel they have been wronged and proven to be wronged.  ;)

Main Street

Quote from: maddog on May 14, 2010, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 14, 2010, 02:21:16 PM
Have you ever heard of chinese whispers??

Yes but never understood them.
I always hear them incorrectly.

How are the pre-match butterflies?

whiskeysteve

I hear big ferbie pulled a knife out of his sock and shanked skinner like on Americas Hardest Prisons. As usual Warden Cassidy turned a corrupt blind eye
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

tbrick18

The Oak Leafers will bate them orangemen by a huge 1 point!
It's 50-50, but I'm gonna go with Derry for home advantage.

mcgoldricks magic

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 13, 2010, 11:35:19 PM
Quote from: oakleaf93 on May 13, 2010, 09:38:27 PM
Derry team to play Armagh

1. Gillis
2. McAlarey
3. McGuckian
4. McBride
5. O'Kane
6. McGuigan
7. Bateson
8. Dohery
9. Patsy Bradley
10. Mullan
11. Mickey Lynch's wee lad
12. SL McGoldrick
13. E. Bradley
14. Paddy Bradley
15. Wilkinson

No place for either Barry McGoldrick or James Kielt

Looks good - plenty of options on the bench - believe Mullan is going to cause havoc in the Armagh defence - more convinced now - Derry by 3

Mullan has serious pace and scoring power and if fully fit will cause havoc, but he has struggled with injuries this season and hasn't enough football played imo. hasn't lined out for his club this season yet ( i think) if he lasts til half time itll be a miracle. that said Derry by 3.
up the roes!

Ulick

Quote from: mackers on May 14, 2010, 01:25:58 PM
I'd say McGurn will have brought our lads up a notch or two in the last few weeks too. I'd bet we won't be found lacking in physicality and fitness but it's whether we stick to our gameplan or go back to our bad habits of overly defensive play when the pressure comes on will be my worry. That and a few lads being untested at this level.

Let's hope he does better than with Ireland at the last world cup.

red hander

According to the BBC, they've only shifted 8,000 tickets for this game

bennydorano

Wouldn't suprise me, our club got rid of 80/90 from 145 and I hear that was very good going.

I've Derry backed -3pts at 12/5 in an accum; really dont fancy Armagh and I dont think it's the be all and end all this weekend.  If we do win this weekend we are furthered advanced in our development that i thought.

Hedley Lamarr

Have to agree benny, Derry's home advantage and experience to see them through by 3-4 points.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

RealSpiritof98

Benny your optimism dumbfounds once again, although your sentiments are felt here as well, this is one of those games were you just don't know what is going to happen.  What Derry team is gonna turn up? Will the Armagh new boys cope with the pressure? but my hearts says 2 point Armagh victory, my head says DRAW!!!!!!

gerry

a see a certain tony has won tickets for this in the GL
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

DuffleKing

What new players have armagh got? I think without exception they've all at least 2 championship campaigns under their belts?

mountainboii

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 15, 2010, 05:26:09 PM
What new players have armagh got? I think without exception they've all at least 2 championship campaigns under their belts?

From the named team there's Swift, Mackin and Henderson. These boys may have been part of previous championship panels, but wouldn't have seen much action. Jamie Clarke, Forker and Dyas, all likely to be sprung from the bench, would also have very limited championship experience. Although it is true that, with around 12 or 13 fairly seasoned campaigners, the Armagh team that takes the field tomorrow will be a lot more experienced than some are making out.

ross4life

Quick question when was the last time Derry beat Armagh in the Ulster championship 90s?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open