Bondage Games

Started by Treasurer, April 27, 2010, 10:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treasurer

Ok, now that I have your attention... :)

Any bright (simple) ideas for quick and easy so-called team building/ice breaking exercises for a group doing a training programme?

I'm basically looking for a gap filler that won't bore everyone to tears and might even get a laugh!

Billys Boots

We usually do a session on items related to the training-topic that make 'the news' or that people (in general) are (or should be) familiar with.  For example, in environmental training we might ask the attendees to split up into three groups to identify environmental issues of significance: (a) globally, (b) nationally and (c) locally.  Each group would then report back and the trainer documents answers on a flip chart for each group - the report-back is thrown open for everyone to comment.  Usually we leave the local bit until last and it usually gets everyone involved.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

johnneycool

use the Tony bullimore one, lost a sea scenario, have 10 items such as plastic sheeting, hose, compass, radio and make the teams decide what they'd keep and why, more to do with team inputs and be able to get your point across in a team situation.

I made a knob out of myself when involved in one of those as I asked the trainer what type of hose it was and he asked did it matter? I said it might as I'd watched one of those survival type programs and it said to rehydrate yourself with dirty or salt water you try to pour the water up your arse and your back passage would act like a dialysis membrane and keep you hydrated. The whole room went into fits laughing.

Hardy

Billy, where can I get a ticket to your next session? I'm clearing my diary.

Strip poker is a great icebreaker. But only in mixed company. Otherwise it would be all wrong.

[Revision, following a flood of PM enquiries, suggestions and propositions: Strip poker is a great icebreaker, I've been told]

JohnDenver

Quote from: Hardy on April 27, 2010, 11:41:54 AM
Billy, where can I get a ticket to your next session? I'm clearing my diary.

Strip poker is a great icebreaker. But only in mixed company. Otherwise it would be all wrong.

Blacks and Asians?

Olly

We did this last year:

We all had to bring in an item from our lives that is important to us and that we'd bring with us on a desert island. There were 134 of us and it was a drawn out ordeal sitting on a plastic seat in a hall but there were bits that were of interest and you really get to know people inside out.

Some of the things brought in were TVs, PCs, Ipods, Iphones, dresses, combs, newspapers, dogs, sticks, rings, cards and then bigger items like ships and helicopters.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 27, 2010, 11:07:55 AM
We usually do a session on items related to the training-topic that make 'the news' or that people (in general) are (or should be) familiar with.  For example, in environmental training we might ask the attendees to split up into three groups to identify environmental issues of significance: (a) globally, (b) nationally and (c) locally.  Each group would then report back and the trainer documents answers on a flip chart for each group - the report-back is thrown open for everyone to comment.  Usually we leave the local bit until last and it usually gets everyone involved.

Ye are a crazy bunch aren't ye, I'd say it's a laugh a minute working where you do :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

It's a f**king professional training session for jaysus' sake - what do ye want? Fun?  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

The Roscommon footballers and the Animals had some novel bonding ideas, I seem to remember.

cabra_harps

Mad craic. There'll be no drop off at your training sessions! LOL

Estimator

How about painting a wall then sitting the group down to watch it dry?
Ulster League Champions 2009

pintsofguinness

Images from billy's last training day...

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Treasurer

Um.... thanks for all those lads......... I'll try them all and get back to ye.............

Tony Baloney

Soggy biscuit would be a favourite amongst Derrymen.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 27, 2010, 06:37:06 PM

Images from billy's last training day...

At least they seem to be having fun at their Christmas Party.......... :-\

You'll Never Walk Alone.