Author Topic: The IRISH RUGBY thread  (Read 677105 times)

johnnycool

• View Profile
Re: The IRISH RUGBY thread
« Reply #8160 on: September 05, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »

I think CJ's a busted flush. The amount of penalties he gives away and turnovers he gives away always seem to be ignored and the very odd (these days) 10 metre carry gets praised to high heaven.

I see Thornley in the Times today reckons the omission of Addison means Carberry must be pencilled in for some game time at 15 in the world cup.  Not sure I'd draw that conclusion, but Larmour a bit lucky to hold on to his place.

Still can't get over Dev.

Conan must become the first choice 8, CJ has little new to offer, he can't do more than a couple of metres at best.

Larmour should have been left at home awaiting an injury call up. Addison has so much more to offer at 15, in the centre and as another place kicker when Sexton's and Carberry's turn out to be worse than thought as they fail in Japan. Larmour too often goes awol.

Not many can get over the lack of loyalty to Toner.

There is no loyalty in professional sport.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: September 05, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »

I think CJ's a busted flush. The amount of penalties he gives away and turnovers he gives away always seem to be ignored and the very odd (these days) 10 metre carry gets praised to high heaven.

I see Thornley in the Times today reckons the omission of Addison means Carberry must be pencilled in for some game time at 15 in the world cup.  Not sure I'd draw that conclusion, but Larmour a bit lucky to hold on to his place.

Still can't get over Dev.

Conan must become the first choice 8, CJ has little new to offer, he can't do more than a couple of metres at best.

Larmour should have been left at home awaiting an injury call up. Addison has so much more to offer at 15, in the centre and as another place kicker when Sexton's and Carberry's turn out to be worse than thought as they fail in Japan. Larmour too often goes awol.

Not many can get over the lack of loyalty to Toner.

There is no loyalty in professional sport.
The printer at work still believes in him.
There is a message on it now that says "Reorder Toner"
Lookit

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: September 05, 2019, 02:49:21 PM »
Injuries banjaxed the squad in 2015
Toner could still make it

https://youtu.be/38upQjuTMQA
Lookit

BarryBreensBandage

• View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: September 07, 2019, 04:29:02 PM »
A good send off for Schmidt and Best today. But its hard to believe Ireland are no.1 in the world.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: September 07, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
A good performance from Ireland today and no injuries to key players. Earls hurt his knee again but it doesn't look too bad.

Owen Brannigan

• View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: September 07, 2019, 09:17:10 PM »
Oh no! Ranked No.1 by beating Wales.

Except in 2007, the team list at No.1 in the rankings before the world cup has gone on to win it!

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: September 08, 2019, 12:18:41 AM »
Cerys to win the world cup tonight after crushing Wales in two challenge matches. Time for a new play or perhaps an rte documentary

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: September 08, 2019, 09:44:02 AM »
No. 1 on paper only, any team that took 50 against England 3wks bck no right to be rated no. 1

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: September 08, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
Those rankings are practically irrelevant now. The England match did no harm in tempering expectations. Some srrious game management required to keep lads fit. Sexton took a late hit off someone yesterday and I suspect he'll get plenty of that treatment in the WC.

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: September 14, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »
Looking like Henshaw is out of the World Cup and Addison heading out as a replacement.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: September 14, 2019, 09:22:59 PM »
That is a shame for him. However Ringrose is the better outside centre.