6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 09, 2010, 03:48:45 PM
McDonnell thanked everyone who voted for him. He did it again on The Politics Show today and he included the SF voters in that. But he was hardly going to be as blatant as SF as the SDLP never supported a pact. He can hardly come along after the election and decide that a pact was a good idea after all.

Did you watch the same show I did!
AlisDAIR did thank all his voters, but he was also an arrogant p***k and he even had the tenacity to call John O'Dowd and SF arrogant!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sdfrm/The_Politics_Show_Northern_Ireland_09_05_2010/

53 mins in, the mans an obnoxious p***k.
Tbc....

Maguire01

You ask me if I watched the same show yet you don't disagree with what I said. Is this just another excuse for you to use some classy language and be generally abusive?

glens abu

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 09, 2010, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 09, 2010, 03:48:45 PM
McDonnell thanked everyone who voted for him. He did it again on The Politics Show today and he included the SF voters in that. But he was hardly going to be as blatant as SF as the SDLP never supported a pact. He can hardly come along after the election and decide that a pact was a good idea after all.

Did you watch the same show I did!
AlisDAIR did thank all his voters, but he was also an arrogant p***k and he even had the tenacity to call John O'Dowd and SF arrogant!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sdfrm/The_Politics_Show_Northern_Ireland_09_05_2010/

53 mins in, the mans an obnoxious p***k.

Unreal was at the North Belfast count and couldn't believe my eyes at one stage to see Alban Maginness sitting beside Dodds laughing and joking just before the result was announced

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 10, 2010, 07:36:32 AM
You ask me if I watched the same show yet you don't disagree with what I said. Is this just another excuse for you to use some classy language and be generally abusive?

And you called me sensitive!  ;)
If telling you to suck a sweet and move on was abusive then I apologise.
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on May 10, 2010, 10:38:20 AM
Unreal was at the North Belfast count and couldn't believe my eyes at one stage to see Alban Maginness sitting beside Dodds laughing and joking just before the result was announced
Unreal indeed. Who do they think they are, the Chuckle Brothers?

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 10, 2010, 10:49:18 AM

I wasn't referring to your comments at me at all - water off a duck's back. I was referring to your "arrogant p***k" comments.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 10, 2010, 01:09:45 PM

What's the big deal about that? I was in Stormont and see Sinn Féin and DUP politicians talking... yip! and even laughing. So what?....

Minder

All this "we don't like each other" bollocks is strictly for the cameras and hardline electorate.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maguire01

Quote from: Minder on May 10, 2010, 01:20:09 PM
All this "we don't like each other" bollocks is strictly for the cameras and hardline electorate.
Yep, and as is evident here, some of them swallow it hook, line and sinker.

glens abu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 10, 2010, 01:18:25 PM

What's the big deal about that? I was in Stormont and see Sinn Féin and DUP politicians talking... yip! and even laughing. So what?....

The big deal was that Dodds had just won the seat and Alban was happy to sit and joke with him when he knew that it was his standing that had helped Dodds win it from Kelly.Yet when we met on the canvas and also at the centre he couldn't even pass the time of day,think it just showed that he was happy enough to see Dodds win the seat.The only good thing is that now we have close to 3 quotas we might take his Assembly seat next time around and wipe the smile from his face.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: glens abu on May 10, 2010, 01:40:58 PM

The big deal was that Dodds had just won the seat and Alban was happy to sit and joke with him when he knew that it was his standing that had helped Dodds win it from Kelly.Yet when we met on the canvas and also at the centre he couldn't even pass the time of day,think it just showed that he was happy enough to see Dodds win the seat.The only good thing is that now we have close to 3 quotas we might take his Assembly seat next time around and wipe the smile from his face.

You didn't say all that in the first post... if Alban wouldn't speak to youse that was bad form and I'm sure the Sinn Féin workers were queuing up to have a cup of tea and chat with him  ::)   

glens abu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 10, 2010, 01:54:06 PM

You didn't say all that in the first post... if Alban wouldn't speak to youse that was bad form and I'm sure the Sinn Féin workers were queuing up to have a cup of tea and chat with him  ::)

No don't think we were but to see him so cosy with Dodds in the heat of battle was a bit sickening,sure we all speak to each other at Stormont and elsewere when there is business to be done but to see his interaction with the DUP at the count was unbelievable

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 10, 2010, 01:14:06 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 10, 2010, 10:49:18 AM

I wasn't referring to your comments at me at all - water off a duck's back. I was referring to your "arrogant p***k" comments.

In fairness that was about McDonnell and I'm not alone in my opinions of him.
Tbc....

longrunsthefox

Quote from: glens abu on May 10, 2010, 02:21:30 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 10, 2010, 01:54:06 PM

No don't think we were but to see him so cosy with Dodds in the heat of battle was a bit sickening,sure we all speak to each other at Stormont and elsewere when there is business to be done but to see his interaction with the DUP at the count was unbelievable

You have a point there alright... they seem to be total anti-Sinn Féin to the extent they would help the DUP into power. Their behaviour in this election has been appalling. As for rival politicians laughing together, I read nothing into that but in this context maybe you are right.

SambaSaffron