6 counties election

Started by Ulick, April 22, 2010, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Willie Ross did poorly in East Derry.

orangeman

Campbell is one bitter boyo !

Tony Baloney

Imagine the people sitting at home last night in F/ST thinking "I can't be arsed voting, sure it'll not make a difference anyway!"

Good to see The Punt on his way. Maybe some people in this place do have a morality. Although you see Willie McCrea getting in and you wonder the opposite! Awful and all as Ritchie is, delighted Ruane didn't get in after the education debacle.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2010, 07:52:25 AM
Imagine the people sitting at home last night in F/ST thinking "I can't be arsed voting, sure it'll not make a difference anyway!"

Good to see The Punt on his way. Maybe some people in this place do have a morality. Although you see Willie McCrea getting in and you wonder the opposite! Awful and all as Ritchie is, delighted Ruane didn't get in after the education debacle.

Was listening to Naomi Long on Radio Ulster (says no) there and had to give it the button when she said "shared future" for the 83rd time.

Was Gildernew 2 ahead or 2 behind after the second recount? Radio Ulster said she was two behind and BBC website said two ahead?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2010, 08:18:40 AM

Was listening to Naomi Long on Radio Ulster (says no) there and had to give it the button when she said "shared future" for the 83rd time.

Was Gildernew 2 ahead or 2 behind after the second recount? Radio Ulster said she was two behind and BBC website said two ahead?
2 ahead.

Long's vote was a loudand clear message to Robinson rather a ringing endorsement of her or her politics. The least worst option.

haranguerer

Naomi Wide gave a speech about how people had written off the Alliance party etc, and this showed them, sounded pretty triumphalist and sickening to me - she'll be no addition to anyone.

Zapatista

Quote from: haranguerer on May 07, 2010, 09:03:22 AM
Naomi Wide gave a speech about how people had written off the Alliance party etc, and this showed them, sounded pretty triumphalist and sickening to me - she'll be no addition to anyone.

No MP from the north will be any addition in Westminster.

johnneycool

Reg Empty's crew have taken some battering especially when the North Down luvvies turn their backs on him, but I suppose it was for a lady!!

I think the Nesbitt thing in Strangford bolloxed them as he never counted, if they'd have went with the local bigot of McNarry he'd of had a fighting chance against the DUP's local bigot of Shannon who's no einstein either.

you'd have thought Trevor Ringland would have fared better in East Belfast than he did though, certainly the protest vote went to Alliance and wee Niomi better make hay as she'll not retain that seat again.

Hereiam

Four of my family members didn't vote. How them votes would have helped now in S.T.F. It really annoys me when I hear people sayin they couldn't be bothered voting. There was a time when we didn't have choice and were not allowed too vote. The younger generation need to wake up.

mylestheslasher

When is the 3rd recount due to be completed.

sammymaguire

Quote from: Zapatista on May 07, 2010, 09:08:58 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 07, 2010, 09:03:22 AM

No MP from the north will be any addition in Westminster.

No MP from the north will be any addition in Westminster Ireland... maybe I am a bit harsh possibly but its all such a load of balls
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

delboy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 07, 2010, 08:24:20 AM
Quote from: Minder on May 07, 2010, 08:18:40 AM

2 ahead.

Long's vote was a loudand clear message to Robinson rather a ringing endorsement of her or her politics. The least worst option.

First count was +6 for connor, that'l' be an interesting one, will probably be end up being sorted in the courts (neither will losing candidate will accept the result is my guess).

delboy

Quote from: johnneycool on May 07, 2010, 09:21:38 AM
Reg Empty's crew have taken some battering especially when the North Down luvvies turn their backs on him, but I suppose it was for a lady!!

The collapse of ulster unionism (or whatever they are calling themselves this week) is bad news for nationalism/republicanism, i can see them being subsumed by the dup in the future which will give unionism a strong unsplit vote in every seat.
SF will have to do likewise to the SDLP or get used to the idea of having only 5 or so MPs.

Hound

Quote from: delboy on May 07, 2010, 09:51:18 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 07, 2010, 09:21:38 AM

The collapse of ulster unionism (or whatever they are calling themselves this week) is bad news for nationalism/republicanism, i can see them being subsumed by the dup in the future which will give unionism a strong unsplit vote in every seat.
SF will have to do likewise to the SDLP or get used to the idea of having only 5 or so MPs.
What if the Lib Dems are successful in gaining PR in return for being part of a coalition?
Would that have any impact on the current split?