New York v Galway - A Weekend Away

Started by thebigapple, April 22, 2010, 09:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigapple

A couple of us are travelling over to the Big Match in the Big Apple.
We've got accommodation in Manhattan but are looking for the best places to go for some pre-match analysis and post-match celebrations.
For those that have been over before, where would you recommend? Where do the players normally go after?
Have got some good advice from another forum so just wondering if anyone has anything to add here.
Thanks

Cosmo Kramer

Don't have too much to add other than that it's a great trip, I did it last year, and if Mayo were playing Championship football in New York every year, I would go every year.

I could give you the list of pubs we went to and the places the players appeared, but there was a distinct Mayo flavour to them so I'm guessing it differs a lot from year to year depending on which county is going over. Make sure to stick around Gaelic Park for a while after the game, there's a great atmosphere there.

And get a subway pass, it's dead handy for getting to Gaelic Park and getting around town in general.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

usa07

I would recommend that you go to mc ginns on katonha avenue its a great gaa bar an you will get all the new york superstars in there!!

drici

90 degrees heat they say.

Farrandeelin

3 topics on a meaningless match which the Tribesmen will win at a canter.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thewanderer

did you watch out for the little p***k playing for New York, i see he got sent off, wouldnt put a patch on his uncle in talent or manners. Spoilt brat.

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 02, 2010, 08:41:28 PM
3 topics on a meaningless match which the Tribesmen will win at a canter.

:o
If you were any use you'd be playing.