Embarrassing-trophy-ruling-holds-the-gaa-up-to-ridicule-

Started by fearbrags, April 22, 2010, 03:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

AZOffaly

Small bit over the top, but let you be damn sure that if the GAA didn't move against this idea of people filling cups with drink, the indo would be the very crowd castigating the GAA for promoting an alcohol fueled culture.

The Indo are a bunch of f**kers. Let them at it.

Celt_Man

Load of nonsense to be honest....  A motion just for the sake of it...  I can state down iif my club ever win a cup of any description the holes will be fecking filled in in double quick time!!  Screw the 12 week ban!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

AZOffaly

Yeah, it's a stupid motion. But what annoys me is with the indo, they take any oppportunity to sneer at the GAA and take up a contarian position no matter what.

No matter what direction the GAA take, it's a fair bet that at least one columnist in the indo will be ridiculing them. If it's not Breheny (that dog in the manger) it's Keyes, or Hogan.

longrunsthefox

A joke riddled with hypocracy. They fill Croke Park with bars and allow alcohol companies to sponsor major competitions and jerseys. It is alcohol awareness that is needed not this crap. 

muppet

QuoteSure enough, Shannon Gaels got their way and it was agreed to alter cups to prevent the demon drink being tossed into them.

This could get interesting. Does it apply to camogie?
MWWSI 2017

BennyHarp

I dont know many alcoholics who started into the downward spiral of drink through taking a few sips of alcohol from a cup their team won in a county final! (Or any final for that matter!)
That was never a square ball!!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

thebigapple

Typical "filler" from Breheny. I guess it makes a change from his repetitive articles on gate receipts and Croke Park zzz....

midLouth

Completely daft, so what if ppl have a drink. We live in a culture where people have a choice to have a drink or not.

And to desecrate how many trophies by drilling holes in them, complete and utter joke.

cabra_harps

He must have f*** all to write about. Seriously. If they're gonna do that, its the loonies running the asylum. Agree with mid-Louth - wrecking trophies because of the pioneer brigade is complete madness!

Pangurban

When are sufficient GAA people going too wise up and stop buying that rag of a so called newspaper, hit them back where it hurts, in their pocket

AZOffaly

Quote from: Pangurban on April 23, 2010, 02:34:44 AM
When are sufficient GAA people going too wise up and stop buying that rag of a so called newspaper, hit them back where it hurts, in their pocket

I have. Used to buy it and the Sunday Indo when I could. Now I buy the Examiner if anything, and the Times or Tribune on Sunday. Join me.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 23, 2010, 08:54:22 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on April 23, 2010, 02:34:44 AM

I have. Used to buy it and the Sunday Indo when I could. Now I buy the Examiner if anything, and the Times or Tribune on Sunday. Join me.

The Times & Tribune are the only papers to buy on a Sunday for the GAA IMO, both streets ahead of anything else out there. Working on the aul lad to get him to switch, not easy teaching old dogs new tricks...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...