Neil Lennon being pursued by Bank of Ireland for €3.07million

Started by mournerambler, April 21, 2010, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

As if things wern't going bad enough on the football field, Lennon is now allegedly Guarantor for Rocket Developments who owe BOI €3.7million.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8633032.stm

gander

The bank lost the form that he signed though, if it was the other way about they'd be telling you where to go!

mournerambler

NAG1

Not a massive Neill Lennon fan but would seriously hope he gets away with this one (assuming it is correct in the first place)

Something in my mind makes me think the teller who he 'allegedly' signed it infront of is a celtic fan  :D

You would have some luck asking the bank if the roles were reversed.

illdecide

I'm sure we'll never find out the real truth behind it all but i hope he gets away with it and the same for anyone else who can get one over on the banks...afterall it's them who usually shaft us so a taste of their own medicine for a change...lol.

It's strange that they would lose a signed guarantee worth that amount and stranger that Neil would not resign the new form if in fact their was a first form signed in the first place
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

"The bank claims that Mr Lennon was informed in later 2006 about the guarantee being mislaid but had refused to sign another copy.
It alleges it is entitled to have the guarantee satisfied on oral evidence from the officials allegedly present when the guarantee was allegedly signed by Mr Lennon."

Does the Bank have a case? looks very thin to me.
If Lennon admits to signing a first document, is he still liable even if that document goes missing?

Main Street

Does he have to deny that he signed a document in the first place or is it as simple as, no document  = no case?

The Subbie

I was reading in the paper yesterday that Lennon arrived in Dublin Airport and went to the BOI branch in the arrivals hall and met a BOI dude and signed the paperwork there.
There would be cameras all over the shop and there would be the proof that Lennon was actually at the branch, but for all anyone knows he could have been in getting a few euros, a cheque changed etc etc, I would be of the same opinion as a few others here hoping that Lennon gets away with this, if the shoe was on the other foot the bank would not be long telling you where to go and where to put your guarantee from them.
Again its indicative of the mismanagement  of banks here when the golden goose was laying like fcuk, how on Earth could anyone lose a document that to all intents and purposes is worth €3.5 million or so?

Doogie Browser

f**k BOI, I had a Mortgage agreed with them and when our house was near completion their 'independent' valuer came out and said the house was worth less than what we originally agreed due to 'market conditions'.
This was despite the fact we agreed prices for everything on the basis of our mortgage, the long and short of it was if we did not have savings we would have been in the deep shit as people still had to be paid.
I still can not grasp why they couldn't spare me a few thousand as originally agreed yet we can see now the millions the bwankers gave to every Tom, Dick & Harry

seafoid

Quote from: The Subbie on April 21, 2010, 01:53:56 PM
I was reading in the paper yesterday that Lennon arrived in Dublin Airport and went to the BOI branch in the arrivals hall and met a BOI dude and signed the paperwork there.
There would be cameras all over the shop and there would be the proof that Lennon was actually at the branch, but for all anyone knows he could have been in getting a few euros, a cheque changed etc etc, I would be of the same opinion as a few others here hoping that Lennon gets away with this, if the shoe was on the other foot the bank would not be long telling you where to go and where to put your guarantee from them.
Again its indicative of the mismanagement  of banks here when the golden goose was laying like fcuk, how on Earth could anyone lose a document that to all intents and purposes is worth €3.5 million or so?

the documentation methods of all the banks were exceptionally shoddy. One of the NAMA wallas explained it all last week.

orangeman

Quote from: Main Street on April 21, 2010, 12:55:54 PM
Does he have to deny that he signed a document in the first place or is it as simple as, no document  = no case?

The bank is saying that they've proof he signed it. But I'd imagine he'll deny not signing anything in the first instance.

Don't forget that he has already refused to sign a duplicate document in 2006.

He'll hardly be saying that he did sign it.

That's why I reckon that the real evidence needed by the bank will be the document with his signature on it.

It's a wonder they haven't forged one !  ;)

Main Street

According the The Sun, the 6 acres land was bought for 3.5m.
Lennon is reputed to have personally sank in 600k.
Now the land is on the market for 10% of that purchase price, 350k.

I still think Lennon will have to present an argument which is believable or at least raise reasonable doubt.

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

some bank that bofi. neill lennon will have to deny he signed it if hes to have any case. if he admits it and the bank agree he signed it then there is nothing in dispute, he owes the bucks. he should deny it and screw them