Ulster championsip 1st... Donegal v Down

Started by done and dusted, April 17, 2010, 11:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Tempted to back Down tomorrow, purely based on the league form. The donegal team that was mauled by Armagh is pretty close to the one lining out tomorrow, especially after factoring in subs. Can Donegal improve that dramatically in such a short period of time.

Down looked sharp when playing Armagh in league final, then Armagh turned over Derry.

RMDrive

Quote from: done and dusted on May 29, 2010, 10:13:53 AM
real concerns aboutneil gallagher in midfield  and paul durcan in goals ??? :-[  we've certainly gifted down a goal or two here, surely micheal boyle should be playing!!!! and as for maguire.... its all politics the usual in donegal football!!! :(

What concerns about big Neil? That he lacks mobility? Sure what other options do we have? Play Toye and Kavanagh there and give up loads in physicality? Big Neil isn't the problem IMO.
My criticism of Durhan has always been his kick-outs. They are not accurate enough but I think he has improved in this area somewhat this year. It's a close call between him and Boyle but I would go with Boyle also.
I'd worry about Maguire too. I don't think politics has anything to do with it (that accusation will always come up whenever a manager picks someone from his own club) but he has always looked a bit at sea whenever I've seen him play.

I expect Clark to play in his normal CHF position and Cass to pick him up. Monaghan will drop to the HB line and Kavanagh or Toye will play alongside Big Neil.

Down South

Quote from: joemamas on May 29, 2010, 05:54:48 PM
Down looked sharp when playing Armagh in league final.

Down were very flat in the league final, they just didnt seem up for it at all. It was their worst performance of the league by far. If they play like that tomorrow Donegal will beat them out the gate. Donegal are much better than their last outing suggests.
Head says Donegal, heart says Down.

haranguerer

Quote from: Down South on May 28, 2010, 09:28:26 PM
Has Declan Rooney kicked a ball his year? Disappointed that McVeigh is starting, Alder has been the better keeper this year and deserves his chance. Dan in midfield, cant complain about that and Martin Clarke at corner forward is a bit of codology.

not much though - noone thinks hes gonna play there. Pulled out in free role it looks like. should be perfect for him

Down South

Both teams line out as named. Clarke is expected to play closer to goal, but I think that will depend on how Poland fares out.

Down South

Down South

Very inconsistent refereeing. Murphy gets away scot free for his challenge on McKernan, King booked for an innocuous challenge on the Donegal number 7.

Down South

McVeigh nowhere for the goal. Alder would have put him into the Atlantic. Route one football beats the down defence again. Down look dire at the minute.
Coulter with Downs first on 14 minutes.

GAA_Punter

Down South

John Clarke with a point when a goal was the easier option.

oakleafgael

Have Donegal been sent out to get "stuck in". The only Donegal scorer should be on the line, cowardly tackle.

Down South

Poland with Downs first from a free. Donegal 1-01  0-03 Down.

Down South

Ball watching again. Down may go home now.

Down South

Marty Clarke point from play. Is Dan Gordon even on the pitch?

pearseog

is the same down team thats gonna win ulster....and serious contenders for Sam? ;D