Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

Quote from: thebigfella on February 14, 2011, 11:02:49 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 14, 2011, 10:36:11 AM
Never book a hotel by phoning them, always go through some of those websites as when they sign up to them they have to keep a certain amount of rooms available.

Totally agree though they should be staying in budget hotels and even that is too good for them!
BTW our politicians wouldnt know where to start the problems in this country, just happy to line their own pockets for as long as they can get away with it.

I would say they have a budget within public sector guidelines and If they can negioate a group rate within this budget then fair play. Personally I have stayed in lots of hotels for work and I would begrudge anyone a bit of confort away from home; even if I do think they are a shower of c***s.

you mean you wouldn't begrudge them?

Onion Bag

Never book a hotel by phoning them, always go through some of those websites as when they sign up to them they have to keep a certain amount of rooms available.

Totally agree though they should be staying in budget hotels and even that is too good for them!

BTW our politicians wouldnt know where to start the problems in this country, just happy to line their own pockets for as long as they can get away with it.

Book a single room, there will be double bed in it anyways,

chances are you are dying with a fat hangover and will miss breakfast anyways
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thebigfella

Quote from: Banana Man on February 14, 2011, 11:59:22 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 14, 2011, 11:02:49 AM

I would say they have a budget within public sector guidelines and If they can negioate a group rate within this budget then fair play. Personally I have stayed in lots of hotels for work and I would begrudge anyone a bit of confort away from home; even if I do think they are a shower of c***s.

you mean you wouldn't begrudge them?

Yep thats what I meant.

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: the waffler on February 11, 2011, 09:24:27 PM
everyone should be on the red

Here here, even if you drive a petrol !

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 12, 2011, 05:55:48 PM
That sounds like a Rodney Watson stunt alright the black hoor but I suppose most hotels are at the same craic.
They're all the f**king same. We were booking somewhere for a wedding last year - Galgorm I think - so the missus rang up and asked for the special wedding rate which they gave. I checked online out of curiosity and it was the same as the "specially discounted wedding rate". Tramps.

stiffler

Many people here been dipped?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Tony Baloney

armaghniac

I've never been dipped, I'll have to get a diesel car!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Have always driven diesel cars and have never even been stopped by these fellas never mind dipped and I live less than 5 miles from the border in Armagh. Loads of cops out with the hairdryers lately though - had to hit the anchors at Keeley's in Armagh on Saturday and Kernan in Portadown today.

BenDover

Hairdryer out this morning outside the Honda garage on the Armagh-Portadown road

sweeper

Dippers were out in force earlier in the week at the Moy/Dungannon roundabout and also down on the motorway. Also been spotted at Ballygawley roundabout a few times. Maybe this was their last big fling before they pi** off back to Scotland ::)

omagh_gael

Heard that a member of staff in the Glenavon got the chop for Spreading the news that the customs bucko's were shacking up there for a fortnight.

EC Unique

Have the queen's tax collectors fcuked off yet? If not maybe they should be encouraged to do so.  >:(

Final Whistle

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 20, 2011, 11:10:03 AM
Heard that a member of staff in the Glenavon got the chop for Spreading the news that the customs bucko's were shacking up there for a fortnight.

Can anyone verify this? I sincerely hope that this is incorrect.

NAG1

Not sure about that, but I had heard that the customs ones were asked to leave by the Glenavon any truth to that?