Volcanic ash cloud cancels tens of thousands of flights

Started by muppet, April 15, 2010, 06:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossie mad

Supposed to be flying to london this saturday from Knock.

I wonder what my chances are?

Any advice even?

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

not flying till July, but worried that flights will be affected right up to Christmas!!!

its about time now that engineers start designing filters for the engines that will absorb the ash and disperse it without the problems they have had in the past.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

passedit

Was on this plane this morning. Same one as was grounded yesterday. They had fitted a new engine, but as soon as we took there was a strong burning smell. They were going to get out later, but I'm back in the house. fck that.

Ryanair plane in precautionary landing at Belfast City

The plane made a precautionary landing at Belfast City Airport

A Ryanair plane travelling to London Stansted has made a precautionary landing at Belfast City Airport after taking off on Tuesday.

A Ryanair said: "After take off cabin crew noticed an acrid smell and standard procedure was followed and the aircraft turned back and landed".

All 154 passengers disembarked safely at about 0730 BST.

A spokesperson from Belfast City Airport said emergency services were at the scene as a precaution.

The source of the smell is being investigated.
Don't Panic

Hardy

Quote from: passedit on May 11, 2010, 09:46:08 AM
A Ryanair said: "After take off cabin crew noticed an acrid smell and standard procedure was followed and the aircraft turned back and landed".

Were they passing over Poyntzpass at the time?  I'm thinking a Monday supper of 16 hard-boiled eggs, five pounds of beans and a bucket of Fanta.

passedit

Quote from: Hardy on May 11, 2010, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: passedit on May 11, 2010, 09:46:08 AM

Were they passing over Poyntzpass at the time?  I'm thinking a Monday supper of 16 hard-boiled eggs, five pounds of beans and a bucket of Fanta.

Now that you mention it there was a fair few Derry wans on the flight, couda bin the combined effect of their cooked breakfasts.
Don't Panic

Main Street

Main Street

Football, cup competition kicks off in Iceland.

Hardy

Are you sure that's not Finglas? Looks very like Dunsink halting site in the background

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on May 12, 2010, 10:28:05 AM
Are you sure that's not Finglas? Looks very like Dunsink halting site in the background
The clue is in the bling factor.
A row of jeeps in the foreground, one with 36" wheels and a ski rack. :)

INDIANA

True with the absence of tractors in the background we can definitely rule out Monaghan and Meath.

Hardy

Just to be clear (sorry) I was talking about the far background.

Main Street

Yes Hardy, that why I referred to the jeeps as part of the foreground sight, to distinguish it from the background sight you referred to

Surely you don't have to explain your jokes  :)

Hardy

Quote from: Main Street on May 12, 2010, 03:17:23 PM
Yes Hardy, that why I referred to the jeeps as part of the foreground sight, to distinguish it from the background sight you referred to

Surely you don't have to explain your jokes  :)

Only when replying to a Dub.