The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Maradona will probably go with Higuain up front with Messi just behind him. Maradona's logic is very strange, he doesn't seem to like playing Tevez, Milito even less. On paper Argentina could do really well but he's just too unpredictable.

ExiledGael

Few interesting friendly results tonight.
Most of all Portugal 0 Cape Verde Islands 0. They will be doing well to get out of the group.
Argies five nil up on Canada with few minutes to go, Maxi got two, Tevez, Di Maria and Aguero with the others.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Real Laoislad

Anyone set up a fantasy league yet for this?
Or are there any good ones, even a predictions comp?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

This seems to be one of the big ones. Looks good and is free. Its between FIFA and Mickey Macs

I have set up a gaabord league, you need to register to play

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

league gaaboard
password 220943-52757
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

BallubaGAA

The referee's right, even when he's wrong.

Aerlik

Aus and NZ played here last night.  Tim Cahill deserves  to be kicked in the balls for some of his antics.  Vince Grella nearly broke the Kiwi lad's leg in a disgusting two-footed tackle and the ref only gave him a yellow card.  Even the Aus coach condemned the antics of his players saying he'd no doubt they'd have been red carded in any other game.  Shite game too, I just wanted to see the Kiwis do well, but after the first half I was roaring for them.  For the record the final score was 2-1 but who gives a shit, both shite teams. 
the aussie media reckon this team can get to the quarters, too.  Yeah right.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Aerlik on May 25, 2010, 02:48:27 PM
Aus and NZ played here last night.  Tim Cahill deserves  to be kicked in the balls for some of his antics.  Vince Grella nearly broke the Kiwi lad's leg in a disgusting two-footed tackle and the ref only gave him a yellow card.  Even the Aus coach condemned the antics of his players saying he'd no doubt they'd have been red carded in any other game.  Shite game too, I just wanted to see the Kiwis do well, but after the first half I was roaring for them.  For the record the final score was 2-1 but who gives a shit, both shite teams. 
The Aussies dropped Scott McDonald from their 23 and are only taking 2 strikers (whom I have never heard of)

mountainboii

There was an Aussie sports journalist on the radio (Newstalk) here a few days ago and he was very pessimistic about their chances. Seemed to concede that they missed the boat four years ago and that it's been all downhill from there.

Milltown Row2

placed a bet on Paraguay to win their group!!!!

getting tanked by a shite Irish team. heres a tip, if i'm betting bet against me!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Never beat the deeler

Couldnt believe the tackles, Grella first and then Cahill. Was only half watching the game, but were both tackles on the same Kiwi player? And the commentators saying that Cahill's 'challenge' was purely accidental. They pretty much glossed over it 'He was looking at the ball, not the player' He had his foot about 3 foot off the ground FFS!!!!

A mate of mine told me before the game that one of the Kiwi players was in the papers the week before the game saying that it was a silly friendly to be playing as a WC warmup and that he 'wouldnt be pulling out of any tackles'. Wonder if it was the same guy, and if he had been targeted because of it... Didnt bother watching the second half.

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 25, 2010, 02:50:27 PM
The Aussies dropped Scott McDonald from their 23 and are only taking 2 strikers (whom I have never heard of)
One of them, Josh Kennedy, plays in the J-league and has a decent scoring record. See how he does when everyone isnt two feet shorter than him!!
Hasta la victoria siempre

maddog

http://www.planetworldcup.com/CUPS/2010/conmebol.html

Handy wee site for anyone looking for form guide with top goal scorer bet in mind

take_yer_points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGDBfZ6aa4Y

Shocking tackles.

Grella's is about 1 minute 25 seconds in and Cahill's is about 2 minutes 15 seconds in.

David McKeown

Just got asked this trivia question today which I thought was quite good.  There are two players in the squads for their countries who played in the 1994 world cup.  Can you name them
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Schkite

Quote from: David McKeown on May 26, 2010, 05:33:39 PM
Just got asked this trivia question today which I thought was quite good.  There are two players in the squads for their countries who played in the 1994 world cup.  Can you name them

Rigobert Song and the Korean keeper I think?