The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Dare I say it but that was maybe the most attacking game of the World Cup so far, lets hope Spain can produce the same.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Schkite

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 16, 2010, 02:57:13 PM
Dare I say it but that was maybe the most attacking game of the World Cup so far, lets hope Spain can produce the same.

Aye, hopefully this will be the day the World Cup kicks into gear proper with Spain starting and the first of the 2nd group games, more incentive for teams to go for it.

paco

Great display by Chile today, I reckon they'll be playing Brazil in the last 16, what a match that would be! Or at least I hope so. Spain being very patient, surely it's only a matter of time and the Swiss can't keep this up? Felt sorry for Senderos coming off.

Catch the high ball

Quote from: paco on June 16, 2010, 03:43:00 PM
Great display by Chile today, I reckon they'll be playing Brazil in the last 16, what a match that would be! Or at least I hope so. Spain being very patient, surely it's only a matter of time and the Swiss can't keep this up? Felt sorry for Senderos coming off.

As much as Senderos was a right gobshite when at Arsenal, he at least deserved to get till half time.

paco

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 16, 2010, 03:59:06 PM

As much as Senderos was a right gobshite when at Arsenal, he at least deserved to get till half time.

Aye, you don't like to see that happen any player at such an important match, especially him with his connections to Spain. Did you see the incident? He slide tackled into his own player.

Catch the high ball

Get in, that makes for a great second half, David Villa hat trick wouldn't go a miss for my bets.

Schkite

The Swiss go in front!  :o

Should be an interesting second half now!

supersarsfields

Spain 1-0 down to switzerland. Hopefully make a better game of it now.

paco

Villa hat trick would be nice alright. Surely Busquests has to make way for Torres or Fabregas ASAP.

Schkite

Spain 15/8 in the live betting, extremely tempting. You'd imagine Spain will up the tempo soon and they've Torres and Fabregas to come in.

paco

Barcelona v Inter Milan all over again.

Capt Pat

Round 2 transfers for the second round have to be completed by 8.15 tonight, I think???

At least that Swiss goal should mean Fabregas and Torres get on the pitch.

wherefromreferee?

What happened?  Was he playing brutal?
In your Endo!

paco

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 16, 2010, 04:19:51 PM

What happened?  Was he playing brutal?

They showed a replay of him slide tackling his own player then pulling up. Didn't seem right after and was off a few minutes later.

Capt Pat

Spain were 33 to 1 on to qualify from the group. They looked like bad odds and they are at this point. in time