The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 14, 2010, 11:35:25 AM
Quote from: Minder on July 13, 2010, 06:17:16 PM
You could argue Rooney will be past his peak, I don't think he has the genetics/body shape (as opposed to Giggs for example) to have a long career.

What kind of body shape do you need and what makes one think that his gentics are so different from any other English footballer who had a long and successful career?

Travellers have a shorter lifespan than normal people
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Did anyone see Noel Gallagher have a go at Rooney, Lampard et al?
It was very good, he was basically saying that to be called Truly World Class you need to come to a Tournament like this and turn it on as per Iniesta & Xavi.
Very true.  Rooney has been shit now at two World Cups.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2010, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 14, 2010, 11:39:47 AM
It was very good, he was basically saying that to be called Truly World Class you need to come to a Tournament like this and turn it on as per Iniesta & Xavi.

Noel Gallagher, font of knowledge on all things football  ::)
Bang on the money IMO.  You don't need to have played professionally to realise Rooney has been shit at two World Cups.
Would you call yourself a GAA expert Boycey having played a bit of club football?  Opinions, opinions, we all have them and can express them.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2010, 12:04:28 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 14, 2010, 11:56:26 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2010, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 14, 2010, 11:39:47 AM

Noel Gallagher, font of knowledge on all things football  ::)
Bang on the money IMO.  You don't need to have played professionally to realise Rooney has been shit at two World Cups.
Would you call yourself a GAA expert Boycey having played a bit of club football?  Opinions, opinions, we all have them and can express them.

No you don't, and he certainly has been shit at two World Cups but you have to be an idiot to think Rooney isn't a World class player which is what Gallagher is suggesting.
I actually think he is saying Rooney and players like Iniesta/Xavi are incomparable, Rooney is not at their level.  Sometimes people get blinded by club loyalties and fail to see things clearly, proper idiocy perhaps?

The Real Laoislad

Two World Cups that Rooney has failed to shine in, Germany and South Africa.
Maybe he is a bad traveller?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Maybe not, but when you look at all of the top players of all time, probably only Best (off the top of my head) did not illuminate a big tournament at one point or another.

J OGorman

Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2010, 01:01:20 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 14, 2010, 12:43:29 PM
Maybe not, but when you look at all of the top players of all time, probably only Best (off the top of my head) did not illuminate a big tournament at one point or another.

Thats a whole different argument, none of the players we're talking about, including Xavi and Iniesta, are in that category.

why not Iniesta and Xavi? Stand out players in the standout team @ the world cup. have won everything that can be won and have continuously shone. Do you have to be dead or retired?

Doogie Browser

Denn Forever

No matter what country, what a tosser.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ExiledGael

Quote from: Boycey on July 14, 2010, 02:19:43 PM
Haven't looked back so apologies if already posted...

Classy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii387pzvyD0

Can't see that for some reason, what is it?

Doogie Browser

Pique spits on the back of some old Spanish team mentor and has a good old laugh about it with Fabregas. 

ross4life

I would say both were drunk but still no excuse for the kn**ker behaviour
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ludermor

Quote from: ross4life on July 14, 2010, 06:10:43 PM
I would say both were drunk but still no excuse for the kn**ker behaviour
So why would you say they were drunk?

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2010, 09:43:04 PM
Good bye and good riddance to the shittiest World Cup in my memory. Dampened the anticipation for the new league season.

+1.  Worse than 1990. One day every World Cup game will last 15 mins and then go to best of 25 penalties with ad break for Nike and Snickers grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................................
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties