Falling Ash

Started by omagh_gael, April 14, 2010, 01:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Olly

ha ha ha. They've made a mistake it that article. It says the volcano erupted in Eyjafjallajoekull. That's obviously a made up word that was meant to be filled in later when they got the real place's name. Very funny.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Denn Forever

They are also closing down flights into London from 12.00 to 18.00 because of this ash cloud from the Volkcano eruption in Iceland.

This Volcano has been dormant for nearly 200 years.  There are great movements happening down below what with all the earthquakes that have been happening over the last few years.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Olly on April 15, 2010, 10:10:50 AM
ha ha ha. They've made a mistake it that article. It says the volcano erupted in Eyjafjallajoekull. That's obviously a made up word that was meant to be filled in later when they got the real place's name. Very funny.

Olly- Are you ther boy out of 'Naked Camera' that wears the white boiler suit?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Olly on April 15, 2010, 10:10:50 AM

The same thing must have happened with Agoghill and they forgot clean about changing it!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 15, 2010, 09:34:38 AM
I think this is the more likely culprit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8620468.stm

I believe I'm owed an apology omagh Gael ;)

I certainly don't Zig! You've misconstrued the meaning of the post below  ;)

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2010, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 14, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2010, 01:31:00 PM
This may seem a bit strange and it's a very local but has anyone in Omagh town noticed ash falling like light snow?

I have just drove from one end of the town to the other and it's the same, must be a big blaze burning somewhere?

No, never noticed. But there seemed to be a bog fire in the Sperrin's, up round Greencastle. Could be blowing over towards Omagh.

I doubt that's the one ziggy, there's definitely a turfy quality to the air! Feckin washed the car earlier and she's boggin again!  >:(

I meant that you've got it right as opposed to Armageddon theories and badger suicides  ;D Just to confirm the video on the ulster herald website shows the cause of the pesky ash rain!

www.ulsterherald.com

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 15, 2010, 11:30:50 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 15, 2010, 09:34:38 AM
I think this is the more likely culprit:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/foyle_and_west/8620468.stm

I believe I'm owed an apology omagh Gael ;)

I certainly don't Zig! You've misconstrued the meaning of the post below  ;)

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2010, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 14, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 14, 2010, 01:31:00 PM
This may seem a bit strange and it's a very local but has anyone in Omagh town noticed ash falling like light snow?

I have just drove from one end of the town to the other and it's the same, must be a big blaze burning somewhere?

No, never noticed. But there seemed to be a bog fire in the Sperrin's, up round Greencastle. Could be blowing over towards Omagh.

I doubt that's the one ziggy, there's definitely a turfy quality to the air! Feckin washed the car earlier and she's boggin again!  >:(

I meant that you've got it right as opposed to Armageddon theories and badger suicides  ;D Just to confirm the video on the ulster herald website shows the cause of the pesky ash rain!

www.ulsterherald.com

You were so quickly to dismiss my theory yesterday, which has been proved right today!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
:D

Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

We are getting muddled up here Ziggy my man. I did believe your theory was correct so i said "I doubt that's the one..." in that I doubt you've got it right lol  :D

Hardy

This is brilliant and a great illustration of ... something, I don't know what, but it's great. I've figured out what's going on here. More eccentric Nordie etymology. Up there, "doubt" means the exact opposite of its proper meaning.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Hardy on April 15, 2010, 11:42:42 AM
This is brilliant and a great illustration of ... something, I don't know what, but it's great. I've figured out what's going on here. More eccentric Nordie etymology. Up there, "doubt" means the exact opposite of its proper meaning.

Maybe i'm way off here but i think it's a pretty common phrase, for example, "I doubt she's fucked" (my car has broken down.) Is a bit silly when you think about, perhaps it's a Tyrone thing?

I will refrain form using it in written text from now on to prevent any faux pas as demonstrated above  ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 15, 2010, 11:55:24 AM

Maybe i'm way off here but i think it's a pretty common phrase, for example, "I doubt she's fucked" (my car has broken down.) Is a bit silly when you think about, perhaps it's a Tyrone thing?

I will refrain form using it in written text from now on to prevent any faux pas as demonstrated above  ;)

Not even a Tyrone thing, or West Tyrone thing. Must be an Omagh thing.
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 11:58:21 AM

Or to be more precise again, my own warped mind?

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 15, 2010, 12:01:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 11:58:21 AM

Or to be more precise again, my own warped mind?

If my brother's anything to go by, then yes he would agree with you  ;D
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

I think you're missing the word 'no'. As in 'No doubt the car is fucked', 'No doubt you're right', etc etc.

Nordies. Ye're gas.