Ard Mhacha v An Dún - Cluiche Ceannais Rionn 2 - Pairc an Chrócaigh 25/4/10

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 11, 2010, 11:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John o connor

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 16, 2010, 10:18:14 PM
Have to agree with my apple-munching counterpart. Some of us Down ones are seriously hyping the guy up on here.
[
Come on . You can play it down as much as you want Clarke before going to aus was the best minor prospect in the last 25 years. For a fella who has only played a handfull of games since his return and with the pressure on his shoulders i think he has been outstanding, we wont have to wait long to see round two now anyhow .quote]

Mourne Rover

It's difficult to see why people would claim Martin Clarke is being hyped up on the strength of a couple of posts on this thread when he has yet to kick a ball for Down at championship level. He certainly cannot be judged before he has made his USC debut, so, while the potential is there for all to see, we will have to wait until the end of Down's season for even an early assessment.

It is also likely that Down's first 15 for Sunday will include up to ten players who have never previously started a senior game at Croke Park. The possible exceptions are Brendan McVeigh, Kevin McKernan, Ambrose Rogers, John Clarke, Benny Coulter (if fit) and Danny Hughes (if selected).

Armagh were well beaten at the Marshes in the league, but will have Ronan Clarke and Charlie Vernon back as well as a hard core of others with Croke Park senior experience - including Hearty, Donaghy, Moriarty, McKeever, Toner, Mallon, McDonnell and the Kernans.

It is a derby at HQ, with a trophy at stake, and, as the bookies suggest, it should be very tight.

Feckitt

Would there be any such thing as a family ticket for a chap considering carrying a clatter of childer to Croker.

mournerambler

Not sure about a family ticket Feckitt but U16's are being charged €5 which isn't out of the way in my opinion.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: mournerambler on April 19, 2010, 02:21:44 PM
Not sure about a family ticket Feckitt but U16's are being charged €5 which isn't out of the way in my opinion.

Check your secretary. family tkts available for Davin Stand ( Canal end0

illdecide

There was family tickets available on-line (www.ticketmaster.ie) for the lower Cusack at 25 yo yo's
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Throw ball

Gaa.ie has Gerry Kinneavy (or his Irish equivalent) down to ref on Sunday. For interest for Armagh folk Paudie Hughes is down to ref Div. 1 final.

John o connor

Honestly d'nt think this will matter about experience in Croker fancy Down to win comfortably and Hughes and Coulter to both start

Midman

The Indo has Enda McNulty back in the panel for this game and the championship. Thats an odd one, wonder what the thinking is behind it, he has been a fantastic servant but his best days may well be behind him. Would be a good man to have in the dressing room though

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Midman on April 20, 2010, 09:25:30 AM
The Indo has Enda McNulty back in the panel for this game and the championship. Thats an odd one, wonder what the thinking is behind it, he has been a fantastic servant but his best days may well be behind him. Would be a good man to have in the dressing room though

Cheaper than paying for his services!  :P

mountainboii

Very strange one alright, it's been at least three years since Enda looked at ease in an Armagh jersey. He must be about 34 now, so fair play to him for having the drive to keep going. Can't see him getting much game time though, even allowing for the dearth of corner back options.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Hey I posted this in the Cork/Mayo thread, sorry for repeating myself.

Does anyone know how easy or difficult it is going to be to get tickets down there on Sunday? Heading down with a few mates and we never got tickets from any of our clubs, ticketmaster seems to be out and we wanted tickets beside each other. They'd hardly be expecting more than 40k for the game would they so you'd expect there to be plenty of tickets around, just don't wanna be running round Dublin all afternoon or queueing for ages for tickets.

armaghniac

Ticketmaster do have tickets, although the description of the area as Family Area might be a bit confusing. There will be plenty of tcikets around, I would imagine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sam of the Sarsfields

Yeah I saw that, I assumed they were family tickets? Are they not? Would have liked to have got some of them because they're decent seats.