Cluiche ceannais na sraithe: Corcaigh v Maigh Eo

Started by muppet, April 11, 2010, 04:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Cork pulling ahead Mayo need scores quick or game over
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

omagh_gael

16 - 9 that was some hit by O Malley didn't see a yellow card in it!

Tomorrow is another day

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 25, 2010, 05:22:32 PM
16 - 9 that was some hit by O Malley didn't see a yellow card in it!

Shoulder into the chest!!! Didn't see a yellow in it! Come on

1-17 to 0-9 now

Jinxy

Just goes to show what a joke the previous league result was.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Well judging by this Game Cork look a serious outfit while Sligo will fancy there chances when they play that Mayo Team
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Cork are certainly an impressive outfit alright and worthy favs for Sam this year. Won this at their leisure really while missing players like Canty, Lynch, Murphy, O'Neill, Miskella, Cadogan, etc.

cadhlancian

ballinaman

Tomorrow is another day

Mayo will be there or there abouts come quarter finals. But thats it

Cork are the form team over the last 3 years and surely they will lift Sam soon

Zulu

Soon? I'll guarantee you they'll win it this September. They are at least 4 or 5 points better than anything else in the country and will do what they did today to a good few teams this year.

From a Mayo point of view I'd actually be kind of happy. Their backs played very well despite the score and many of them broke even or better with their men. However, Howley was poor and if Parsons is a talented as the Mayo posters claim he hides it very well, I've hardly ever seen him play well. Aidan O'Shea and Dillion were they only forwards who looked like they can regularly deliver at this level but even then I'd say O'Shea is simply a target man and not a scorer, too ponderous. C.Mort got a few scores but is no 'go to man' and his bother is limited.

In saying that, one of the major differences in today's game was that Cork got men back when Mayo attacked and therefore when attackers stepped inside they were met with another Cork man. At the other end, Cork attackers often had time and space once they beat the first man and consequently got some decent scores. Man to man teh Mayo backs did well but they couldn't seem to get support players back to make it more difficult.

Beard

What an awful spectacle that was. One-sided game, empty stadium bar the Belmullet U=14's on tour and a handfull of other hardy souls.

The GAA need to have a look at the league format badly. Do we really need a league final?

Side issue here but the acceptance speaches of both the captain and man of the match were appaling. The captain started trying to praise referees but seemed to get completely mixed up and allowed his thoughts to fade away into incoherent babble. The man of the match was asked about the atmosphere in the ground and proceeded to say the same thing twice before grinning into the camera. I know people will say sure what does it matter it's about the football but in fairness could it be that hard to reherse a few lines!!

Zulu

The league finals are a complete waste of time, despite the other 3 being very good and the leagues need a major overhaul but as long as people peddle the usual bullshit about the provincial championships we have little room to work with.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on April 25, 2010, 06:07:41 PM
Soon? I'll guarantee you they'll win it this September. They are at least 4 or 5 points better than anything else in the country and will do what they did today to a good few teams this year.

From a Mayo point of view I'd actually be kind of happy. Their backs played very well despite the score and many of them broke even or better with their men. However, Howley was poor and if Parsons is a talented as the Mayo posters claim he hides it very well, I've hardly ever seen him play well. Aidan O'Shea and Dillion were they only forwards who looked like they can regularly deliver at this level but even then I'd say O'Shea is simply a target man and not a scorer, too ponderous. C.Mort got a few scores but is no 'go to man' and his bother is limited.

In saying that, one of the major differences in today's game was that Cork got men back when Mayo attacked and therefore when attackers stepped inside they were met with another Cork man. At the other end, Cork attackers often had time and space once they beat the first man and consequently got some decent scores. Man to man teh Mayo backs did well but they couldn't seem to get support players back to make it more difficult.

Zulu in general I'd agree. But you said the same thing last year and they imploded. kerry remain the one team that can beat them and until Cork beat Kerry in CP the rest of the country won't believe. If Cork win one they'll win 3 in my view . But they could just as easy win none.

I'd still worry about their full back line. Its the one line on the Cork team that isn't rock solid. Everything else is perfect.

Zulu

I think they lost last year because of Counihan's selection policy but the thing about this year is Cork are even better while Kerry are weaker. I do agree, they only reason I'm not selling my house and putting it all on Cork to win is because of Kerry. But I'd still be shocked if Cork don't do it this year, they are 4 to 5 points better than they were last year and Kerry must be 3 to 4 worse off.

ross4life

Cork to win Munster & Kerry to win the All ireland beating Cork in the final! what a shocker that would be ::)