Cluiche ceannais na sraithe: Corcaigh v Maigh Eo

Started by muppet, April 11, 2010, 04:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreverhopeful

Interesting to see how midfield lines up. Will he go with Mcgarrity. Who will drop out? O'shea or Parsons to no.11. I'd prefer Parsons

Farrandeelin

Seafoid, Mayo lost to Donegal in the 2007 league final under O'Mahony's 'second coming'. Also lost to Meath last year and Tyrone the year before in Croke Park under this current regime. :-\ Jinxy may be right on this one, but I somehow think he will be wrong.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

venter

My Guess for the team to line out on sunday:

D Clarke
L O' Malley   G Cafferkey   K Higgins
D Vaughan   T Howley    K Mcloughlin

S O'Se      T Parsons

A Moran       A Dillon      T Mortimer
C Mortimer   A O'Se        M Ronaldson

Potential championship starters not starting on sunday

T Cunniffe
C Barrett
P Gardiner
R McGarrity
P Harte
E Varley
A Kilcoyne
B Moran

Of those 8, 7 have being hindered by injury or work commitments over the last while. Given a clean run of health for the next few months all 7 would be in with a shout of a starting spot.

Barrret seems to be improving all the time and might even start ahead of Mcloughlin the next day.

Probably not a runner but I'd like to see Cunniffe given a go at full back with Ger Cafferkey beside him at corner back for the championship. I seem to remember Cunniffe playing full back against Tyrone in 08 and marking Sean Cavanagh. My memory is a bit hazy on it , but he seemed to have done alright only for Cavanagh pulling out some spectacular scores.

rosnarun

Bit of a slip up - sorry

K omalley
Chris barret       BJP         D vaughan
P gardiner     T howley   K Mcloughlin
PArsons S ose
Andy A dillion A kilcoyne
E varley B moran A osé
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on April 22, 2010, 12:02:28 AM
Bit of a slip up - sorry

K omalley
PArsons S ose
E varley B moran A osé

Are you trying to be funny Ros or are you just being controversial and an idiot as usual?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 22, 2010, 02:11:12 PM
Bit of a slip up - sorry

K omalley
PArsons S ose
E varley B moran A osé

Are you trying to be funny Ros or are you just being controversial and an idiot as usual?

Probably the latter.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 22, 2010, 02:12:22 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on April 22, 2010, 02:11:12 PM
Bit of a slip up - sorry

K omalley
PArsons S ose
E varley B moran A osé

Probably the latter.

Ye are easily risen lads ;D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

SLIGONIAN

For the mayolads in oz, its on TG4 so therefore will be on there website so you can watch it there.

I see in most team selections, no mortimers? Are they injured, out of form or what?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 22, 2010, 03:15:08 PM
For the mayolads in oz, its on TG4 so therefore will be on there website so you can watch it there.

I see in most team selections, no mortimers? Are they injured, out of form or what?

Unfortunately TG4 have started blocking content outside of Ireland due to pressure being put on them by Setanta. Until last year RTE regularly didn't block GAA coverage internationally on their website, but again the lovely people at Setanta put a stop to that, as well as most of the internet streams that were broadcasting.

I expect the Mortimers to be in. You could make a case for picking a half forward line without Trevor (Moran/S O'Shea/Dillon) and a full forward line without Conor (Varley/A O'Shea/Ronaldson), but I think they will play, certainly Trev will start.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Farrandeelin

Not many heading to the game from Knockmore/Ballina area. How is the rest of the county faring out?

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 22, 2010, 08:02:44 PM
Not many heading to the game from Knockmore/Ballina area. How is the rest of the county faring out?

We got cars.
MWWSI 2017

Mayo4Sam

I got 2 free tickets and am struggling to get rid of the 2nd. Imagine what it's like in cork
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Foreverhopeful

I firmly believe Mayo will win on Sunday. There is a new attitude apparent in the squad judging by the interviews of the players in recent weeks and also from their performances. And if we don't win i won't lose any sleep over it because i think the players will put it behind them and get on with the championship.
There is genuine competition in this Mayo team like never seen before.

I think it's evident that players have learned a huge amount from Meath game last year. It hurt a lot of us after we started to believe. We said we wouldn't let it happen again this year. Well here's the deal lads and lassies - we're in a NFL final in croker. It's not our main goal for 2010 but it's a start.The players have responded tremendously - way above and beyond our expectations. I think they deserve to have a big support on Sunday. Let's show them that we are buying into whats going on this year. We've always been regarded as great supporters through thick and thin so why change now?
It will be a great boost to all if we can get the silverware and set us up nicely for the year. I'm urging everyone that can at all to do their best to be there on Sunday. It could be the first of a few glorious visits to Croker this year. 

PRIDE......PRIDE IN THE JERSEY......PRIDE IN BEING FROM MAYO.........PRIDE AT FOLLOWING A GAME THAT NO RECESSION CAN EVER TAKE FROM US.......

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo team picked but will all of these fifteen start on Sunday?

David Clarke
Chris Barrett
Ger Cafferkey
Liam O'Malley
Donal Vaughan
Trevor Howley
Kevin McLoughlin
Seamus O'Shea
Tom Parsons
Andy Moran
Alan Dillon
Trevor Mortimer