The New Rules Re Club Football

Started by Winnie Peg, April 09, 2010, 04:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

When the "New Rules" ie. Fist Pass, Square Ball and Mark are passed at the weekend, it will not give club players and club refereees much time to familiarise themselves with them especially in county where the club championship will be commencing in the next few weeks.
Is this fair!

macdanger2

Good point, kinda screws the clubs a little. The only thing is that it will be same for most clubs.

When is the decision being made??

Milltown Row2

Any changes to the hurling? will you have to knock the ball out of play for the whistle to go?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Is this a wind-up? It surely isnt actually happening...

Gold

Fist pass better not f**king come in

1st i've heard of this
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

fitzroyalty

I would of thought the concept of "the game is fine, leave it to f**k alone" would be easy to grasp, but obviously not for the w**ks in control!  >:(

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2010, 10:59:22 PM
Quote from: Gold on April 09, 2010, 10:37:32 PM

1st i've heard of this
Well, it's a simple enough concept to grasp, you see. You simply fold your fingers in towards the palm of your hand. This forms a fist. When your hand is in this position, you strike the ball off the palm of your other hand to a team mate.

This is how I was shown to fist pass a ball when I was a child. I would bet that this is how everyone else was shown how to do it. Now that it's being enforced, I can't understand why it is an issue.

Because it slows the game down and is very difficult for refs to tell if it's being done correctly.

Mac hinery

Any of you lads use the aussie rules fist pass technique?

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2010, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2010, 11:24:53 PM

1st i've heard of this
Well, it's a simple enough concept to grasp, you see. You simply fold your fingers in towards the palm of your hand. This forms a fist. When your hand is in this position, you strike the ball off the palm of your other hand to a team mate.

This is how I was shown to fist pass a ball when I was a child. I would bet that this is how everyone else was shown how to do it. Now that it's being enforced, I can't understand why it is an issue.

Because it slows the game down and is very difficult for refs to tell if it's being done correctly.
Nonsense. Sure just let them throw it then. It's a lot easier for a ref to know that it isn't a throw if it is struck with a fist.
It's not hard to do, just fist it.

By the way, is it a 'new' rule?

The 'fist' pass has been and should be used for longer distances --problem is it's not accurate at short distances and slows the game down if your trying to fist it to a man running off the shoulder

The hand pass needs to be kept as it keeps the game faster and cuts out the mistakes that would invariably occur if we were forced to pass with the closed fist.

The idea behind this is to increase kicking in the game but it wont do that, it wont change the game it will just make it worse.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mac hinery

Quote from: Gold on April 10, 2010, 08:42:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 09, 2010, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 09, 2010, 11:24:53 PM

1st i've heard of this

Nonsense. Sure just let them throw it then. It's a lot easier for a ref to know that it isn't a throw if it is struck with a fist.
It's not hard to do, just fist it.

By the way, is it a 'new' rule?

The 'fist' pass has been and should be used for longer distances --problem is it's not accurate at short distances and slows the game down if your trying to fist it to a man running off the shoulder

The hand pass needs to be kept as it keeps the game faster and cuts out the mistakes that would invariably occur if we were forced to pass with the closed fist.

The idea behind this is to increase kicking in the game but it wont do that, it wont change the game it will just make it worse.

The aussie rules technique is supposed to be a much more accurate delivery of the ball.

haranguerer

1st i've heard of this

You either have never actually played football, or you did in the 70s or earlier. The fist pass you describe is utterly unuseable for short passes. you might as well ban it altogether. and when you do, sure why not make up your own idealistic (shit) game...

JUst retired

If the changes are brought in, they will take effect 4 weeks after being passed. This means club players will start with one set of rules and then change to another 5 /6 weeks later.It could only happen in the GAA. >:(