Bonnar wants two teams to be promoted

Started by Ash Smoker, April 08, 2010, 09:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

I'd go for 1 automatic promotion/relegation for top and bottom and then a play off between the 2nd from bottom against the 2nd from top.

Bord na Mona man

Just a small point worth considering. In 2000 the amount of substitutions allowed in a match increased from 3 to 5.
This naturally favours the elite counties who have greater resources.

Granted, most matches haven't hinged on subs, but some have done. For example Kilkenny got 1-3 from their bench in last year's All Ireland while Tipp's shallower bench only yielded one red card. Cork sprung Cathal Naughton against Waterford a few years to win the game for them, where in the era of 3 subs, he mightn't have been thrown on.
You can empty your bench earlier now and worry less about keeping any emergency substitutions.

If, on their best days in the 00s, counties on the next tier like Galway or Waterford had 12 or 13 players on their starting 15 who met the required benchmark for winning All Irelands - then their lack of bench options became more of a weakness than it would have been 10 years previously.

INDIANA

There is nothing wrong with the current structure. If we get relegated on Sunday its because we deserve to.

I've said this time anad again the GAA's promotion of the NHL is the problem. Its a disgrace. I'd even extend it to the NFL as well although not to the same degree. 2nd biggest competition in our association and its treated like some sort of a booby prize your mother would win at bingo some evening. Putting a final on a Sunday evening at 7pm to suit Cork is outrageous in my view. Nothing wrong with Bank Holiday Monday.