Andy Gray and Richard Keys Caught Slagging Walcott

Started by nrico2006, April 08, 2010, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Minder on January 25, 2011, 08:44:58 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2011, 08:39:47 PM
Probably the harshest sacking I ever heard off. Surely a written warning would have been sufficient. Theres people that went boxing the heads of each other in places I worked and only got verbal warnings. Gray is a tool but sacked for that is over the top imo.

Totally different scenario, rightly or wrongly, when you are in the public eye the way Gray is. Throw in the court case with the News Of The World and it was the perfect storm, someone in Sky obviously had it in for him. No coincidence that the latest clip was released a couple of days after Saturdays quotes about the female official, just before it would start to blow over.

I think he'd have a fair case for unfair dismissal. His private conversation was taped and it was his first offence and the other newspaper stuff in the background is a motive for skys owner to get rid of him.

ceiphas50

Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2011, 06:55:55 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2011, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2011, 06:34:35 PM
The offside rule explained(for women)

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Jaysus laoislad doesn't know the offside rule either  :D There should be two other shoppers in front of you.

The shopper is the defender and the shop assistant is the Goalie,so I guess it's you who doesn't know it.

Surely in this "explaination" the shop assistant is the referee or lines(wo)man. Anyways last I checked the offside rule doesn't mention anything about a goalie, just two members of the opposition team between you and the goals.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Capt Pat

Sky will lose out with this firing. Grey was a class act at the job, not a class act with female co workers.Richard Keys Fat sam and Charlotte whoever won't replace him.
They could always bring back Big Ron.

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 25, 2011, 09:32:29 PM
Sky will lose out with this firing. Grey was a class act at the job, not a class act with female co workers.Richard Keys Fat sam and Charlotte whoever won't replace him.
They could always bring back Big Ron.

Class act my hole!

Have a dig, son.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orangemac

Gray just got lucky in terms of being in on the ground floor at the start. His commentary was a bit hard to listen to, everything was unbelievable.

Would love to see Johnny Giles brought in to Sky.

Keys: Cracking 1st half between Wigan and Fulham (0-0), goals are about to flow in the 2nd half.

Giles: 2 poor teams, would'nt score if they were here to tomorrow.

Keys: Don't go away, we'll be back for the 2nd half after this break.

Hard to believe that Everton offered Gray the managers job a few years ago!

Maybe he should be given a chance to keep his job. Football quiz vs Woman who knows her football.

I would say though he has probably made comments like these over the last 20 years and is probably not the only one. Someone wanted him out all right.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2011, 09:24:19 PM

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Jaysus laoislad doesn't know the offside rule either  :D There should be two other shoppers in front of you.

The shopper is the defender and the shop assistant is the Goalie,so I guess it's you who doesn't know it.

Surely in this "explaination" the shop assistant is the referee or lines(wo)man. Anyways last I checked the offside rule doesn't mention anything about a goalie, just two members of the opposition team between you and the goals.

Is the Goalkeeper not part of the opposing team?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

He is, the offside rule doesn't refer to him or to defenders either for that matter. Move on.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2011, 10:03:42 PM

He is, the offside rule doesn't refer to him or to defenders either for that matter. Move on.

I never said it did.Move on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mouview

Whoever his replacement is, I hope he's a top, top pundit.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: mouview on January 25, 2011, 10:15:04 PM
Whoever his replacement is, I hope he's a top, top pundit.

Roy Keane is out of a job..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Just watching the Villa v Wigan highlights and Davie Provan is on co-commentary, I always like listening to him and he is bang on the money usually. Fat Sam was f**king atrocious last night.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2011, 10:04:28 PM

Check back 4 posts. A bit rich giving out about women not knowing the rule when you don't know it yourself.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 25, 2011, 10:29:39 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2011, 10:04:28 PM

Check back 4 posts. A bit rich giving out about women not knowing the rule when you don't know it yourself.

I thought you had moved on...I think its you that didn't know it actually...Move ON
You'll Never Walk Alone.