Andy Gray and Richard Keys Caught Slagging Walcott

Started by nrico2006, April 08, 2010, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Love to see these two get their jotters from Sky.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: paco on January 24, 2011, 01:13:14 PM
See the pair of them are suspended for tonight's game. Wonder who's gonna play with Andy's toys instead.

Reckon they should get the panel from "Loose Women" to stand in  ;D

Boycey

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 24, 2011, 01:20:13 PM
Quote from: paco on January 24, 2011, 01:13:14 PM
See the pair of them are suspended for tonight's game. Wonder who's gonna play with Andy's toys instead.

Reckon they should get the panel from "Loose Women" to stand in  ;D

Rodney Marsh and Big Ron I reckon

nrico2006

I can't believe that the media are even bothered about this, unbelievable example of something being blown out of proportion.  What they said is not even bad, its actually pretty factual.  A doll in work was harping on about it earlier and I asked her if she understood the offside rule, she looked at me and shook her head.  I am sure there is alot more derogatory things said about men by the Loose Women crew on air every day than what Gray and Tyler have said, and it is never reported.  On top of that a man wouldn't really care if Denise Welch or whoever turned around and yapped that 'men are useless and wouldn't know how to use a sewing machine'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 24, 2011, 01:19:04 PM
Love to see these two get their jotters from Sky.

I actually like thes 2.

It will seem strange without them.

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 24, 2011, 01:43:38 PM
I can't believe that the media are even bothered about this, unbelievable example of something being blown out of proportion.  What they said is not even bad, its actually pretty factual.  A doll in work was harping on about it earlier and I asked her if she understood the offside rule, she looked at me and shook her head.  I am sure there is alot more derogatory things said about men by the Loose Women crew on air every day than what Gray and Tyler have said, and it is never reported.  On top of that a man wouldn't really care if Denise Welch or whoever turned around and yapped that 'men are useless and wouldn't know how to use a sewing machine'.

+1

Dinny Breen

They deserved to be replaced hopefully by two birds with big boobs...
#newbridgeornowhere

Bingo

I'd love to see the back of them, they think that they are the be all and know all of modern day soccer. Rarely watch them and the live Monday night match with them in  the studio playing with all the toys is just daft.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 24, 2011, 03:25:23 PM
They deserved to be replaced hopefully by two birds with big boobs...
Good call, and hopefully theyll play with some new toys ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Capt Pat

The English football commentators are an insular bunch. I remember watching a game in the company of some Americans and the commentator called one of the players "The Brazilian", nothing else, that is good enough for him and one of the American women started laughing at this. We have got used to this type of thing but it doesn't really make any sense.

Rois

But the girl in your work is not employed as a football official and therefore wouldn't be expected to be competent in her knowledge of the offside rule.  Suggesting that someone trained in their profession wouldn't know the rules simply because of her gender is very different. 
The Denise Welch example would only be the comparable if she said a person trained and employed as a sewer (male version of seamstress?) or tailor or whatever was useless and couldn't work a sewing machine because they were male. 

rossie mad

that was my initial reaction but then i thought what if this was a politcian in westminster or a commentator from the beeb or utv you can be rest assured that the english peoples saviours (the sun and sky) would be up in arms calling for heads to roll.So the more fuss thats kicked up about this the better at least these so called great british institutions will get a taste of heir own medicine.

On a side note did anyone see the scotts presenter on sky sports news last night interviewing amir khan?
He was so far up khans arse it was unreal

johnneycool

I could understand the whole ho-ha if the girl had been 'fast-tracked' through the entire officiating process, just because she was a woman and wasn't up to the job, but this jokey, sexist conversation took place before the game, before either had ever seen her officiating.

There'd be some goings on if they'd said something similar about a black or asian official or the likes.

ONeill

I can't believe that the media are even bothered about this, unbelievable example of something being blown out of proportion.  What they said is not even bad, its actually pretty factual.  A doll in work was harping on about it earlier and I asked her if she understood the offside rule, she looked at me and shook her head. 

That's not really related. This woman has probably encountered all manner of sexism in her rise to where she is now in a sport dominated by males. To be subjected to the same by prominant characters in the sport is braindead sexism and unacceptable.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DuffleKing