Down Sen Footballers 2007

Started by imagine, November 14, 2006, 08:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegael

newry was the only choice and it will be great for the promotion of gaelic games in this soccer infested town/ city!
there even  soccer players in mayobridge now!

downredblack

Yeah straight across the pitch and lads saying thon boy is useless and then walking into said player . Benny got line the last time we were there , Louth will be a lot harder  opposition this time round .

thegael

don't think you'd be smart enough to bet sunshine!

full back

Quote from: thegael on January 24, 2007, 12:57:29 PM
newry was the only choice and it will be great for the promotion of gaelic games in this soccer infested town/ city!
there even  soccer players in mayobridge now!

Soccer players in Mayobridge :o :o
Bet they drink as well ::)

thegael

don't think you'd be smart enough to bet sunshine!

wobbller

And what has all this tripe got to do with Down Sen football?

thegael

tripe wobblier all your posts seem to be about board issues , i don't seem to recall many posts regarding football !
but then again i imagine you are a poster of many names but anyway congrats on another well thought out post

Pangurban

Must agree with Fivetimes, the Marshes Is a dump which no amount of development will improve sufficiently to win the hearts of the majority of Down fans. Money should have been invested in creating a centre of excellence which would include Co Ground,Co Offices,Training Pitches, Gym facilities etc. My favoured location would also be around Newcastle/Castlewellan area, which would be fairly central and accessible to all clubs within the Co.

Dubh driocht

Are the tickets to be distributed through the clubs ? When?

passedit

QuoteFrom: <secretary@down.gaa.ie>
Reply-To: <secretary@down.gaa.ie>
To: <downclubs@down.gaa.ie>,<countyboard@down.gaa.ie>
Subject: National Football League
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:39:21 -0000

A chara

The 1st Round of the National Football League between Louth and Down is an all ticket game.

There are 400 stand tickets and 1500 terrace tickets allocated to the county.

Could you let me know your requirements by Monday 29th Jan.

le gach dea-ghuí

Séamas Breathnach

Rúnaí

Don't Panic

amallon

Maybe the Ross/DJ factor will increase demand.  There wasn't 500 down gaels in Drogheda the last time we played Louth in the league granted that was in Div2b.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

amallon

Dowdalshill would have been handy for us Down folk!

Whats the Louth thinking on the game?  Win loose or draw?

I'd have Down as slight favourites.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Mourne Rover

Louth have reportedly been in intensive training over the winter and fielded their strongest available side during their O'Byrne Cup campaign. Their performances in January have been solid, they won division two in the league last year and they outplayed Tyrone in the championship. They are clearly a team on an upward curve, and, with home advantage, they will be expecting to start their 2007 league programme with a win.

Down were a shambles last summer, and have quite rightly used the McKenna Cup to experiment with fringe players. Only a handful of them will be retained, and we will mainly be relying on the familiar faces who have just started back to full training plus a few promising youngsters. We don't want to get relegated, but all the indications are that it will take a few matches before the squad really takes shape.

Down are always capable of surprising us, usually for the worst reasons, but Louth are very much the form side. If they are available at anything better than even money, they are an excellent bet.

Down started the league last year with some promising displays, but gradually lost their confidence and hit rock bottom in the last game against Galway in Newcastle. This set the scene for the embarrassments to follow in the championship.

I hope we do things the other way round in 2007, and we need to take some time to completely re-build our defence, so I am not too pushed about the result against Louth.  Mind you, I still wouldn't mind a win...

Pangurban

A performance from Down is more important than a win, though i fancy our chances. Habit is a major factor in football, i have seen good teams develop a losing habit,and mediocre teams develop a winning one. Its all about perception and expectation. For that reason i believe it is absolutely essential that we develop a winning habit pre-championship,so the time for experimentation is over,lets get our  best available team on the field, revved up and fighting.

Cloc Mor

I think it would be unrealistic to expect a win.  How many of the Mc Kenna Cup aquad will actually start on Sunday?  Not too many I would think.  Have the so-called 'first 15' been training with the rest of the squad throughout this period?  As you say PB, its the performance we are looking at but a win would be nice.