UK General election 2010

Started by mhacadoir, April 06, 2010, 10:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Brown looks haggard, a defeated man.  He's still good on detail, but he's fucked in this election.

Does look like Cameron and Brown are basically ignoring Clegg, wonder is it a tactic?

ONeill

Feck feck feck. Forgot about this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

red hander

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 08:59:36 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 29, 2010, 08:58:24 PM
Clegg is sickening my arse tonight. The big boys are pushing him out and his only way back in is to accuse them of point scoring. What's he doing then?  ::)

I have to say I am sick listening to them all, the same nonsense regurgitated over and over again.

I second that

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2010, 09:03:11 PM
Brown looks haggard, a defeated man.  He's still good on detail, but he's fucked in this election.

Does look like Cameron and Brown are basically ignoring Clegg, wonder is it a tactic?

Brown's more aggressive tonight, last chance for him though he's wasting his time, there's too many idiots in the country.
I'd say it'll be a conservative/liberal govt who'll spend their time at each others throats and we'll have another election in 12 months.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

The media and newspapers in particular have always played a big part in elections but I think they will decide who is elected this time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 09:15:22 PM
The media and newspapers in particular have always played a big part in elections but I think they will decide who is elected this time.

Newspapers probably have less impact now than they did 5-15 years ago. Forums, social networking and slagging off oul grannies are the in-thing.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on April 29, 2010, 09:26:19 PM

Newspapers probably have less impact now than they did 5-15 years ago. Forums, social networking and slagging off oul grannies are the in-thing.

They probably do but I wouldn't underestimate the clout a rag like the Sun has on its readership.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 09:29:28 PM

They probably do but I wouldn't underestimate the clout a rag like the Sun has on its readership.

Personally, one of the biggest reasons I don't want Cameron to take it. If he does, they'll be unbearable even though you don't buy it. Feck I hate the English. Am I a bigot?

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on April 29, 2010, 09:34:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 09:29:28 PM

Personally, one of the biggest reasons I don't want Cameron to take it. If he does, they'll be unbearable even though you don't buy it. Feck I hate the English. Am I a bigot?
Nah just a Shinner.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

Thought brown was struggling and looking desperate for the last 20 minutes or so but that was an excellent final segment from him.

bennydorano

Dipped in and out a bit to watch the footy, but for the first time I thought Cameron probably did win pretty clearly.  Interesting to see the dopey polls

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2010, 10:04:41 PM
Dipped in and out a bit to watch the footy, but for the first time I thought Cameron probably did win pretty clearly.  Interesting to see the dopey polls
I don't think he won by a lot but won and only because Brown couldn't keep his composure.
Clegg is too wishy washy. 

pintsofguinness

Peter Mandelson on news, looks desperate poor.

Tony Baloney

ITV news gave it 35, 33, 26 - Cameron, Clegg, Brown.

Whatever Brown does he isn't going to be PM on 7th May. Would favour a Conservative victory. They all lie and break promises, but New Labour got elected in '97 on the anti-sleaze ticket by promising to be the antithesis of the Conservatives. If anything the lies, wastefulness, arrogance and corruption under Blair/Brown is greater than anything under Maggie T or Major.

comethekingdom

Watching bbc newsline there - where did ye get that Rodney McCune fella from?  :D