It makes me sad..................

Started by From the Bunker, April 03, 2010, 01:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

It makes me sad...........

That Minister Harney was in New Zealand two weeks early for St Patrick's Day on Government business.

That a patient died when their diagnosis was delayed at Tallaght Hospital because x-rays were not reviewed by a consultant radiologist.

That even though George lees political career nixed he still has a job still awaiting him in RTE and people look to him as a hero.

That John O'Donoghue's decision to step down after weeks of media revelations about some 90,000 euros in foreign travel costs since becoming speaker in June 2007 was done without any question of him being penalised.

We have no real political parties. The Green Party are top of the list. Green metaphorically speaking, in that the wool is pulled over their eyes every week by FF.

That Rody Molloy's resignation as director general of FÁS meant he would receive €111,000 severance payments and full pension benefits despite his resignation.

That the builders have been swearing blind that their inside knowledge shows there are a mere 40,000 empty dwellings in the state. Now, an independent academic survey shows it's more than 340,000. One in six dwellings is empty.

That the government has spent €52 million on electronic voting machines and spent €800,000 per annum to store the machines.

That in October 2007, Taoiseach Bertie Ahern became the highest paid Prime Minister in the democratic world at €310,000, more than US President George Bush at €279,000. Fianna Fail Ministers such as Willie O'Dea are paid more than US Vice President Dick Cheney.

In June 2007, Fianna Fail changed the law to create three new Junior Ministers with salaries of €150,000 a year. They had previously done this in 1977 and 1980. Fine Gael did the same in 1995.

That the average expenses claimed by TD during the first 10 months of 2008 amounted to €39,905 each -- €6,000 more than the average industrial wage.

That there are more than 70 paid elected politicians in Mayo that are supposed to represent Mayo.

That I pay for a TV licence, but cannot receive TV3 on an analogue aerial.

That in 2007, Pat Kenny earned €922,000, with this figure rising to over €950,000 in 2008. Gerry Ryan earned €676,000 in 2007 but fell to €629,000 the following year. Marian Finucane earned €470,000 in 2007 - jumping to €570,000 in 2008. Ryan Tubridy's earned over €366,000 in 2007 to €533,000 12 months later. Joe Duffy and Eamon Dunphy saw their salaries rise during the same period, with their salaries at €408,000 and €328,000 respectively in 2008. Miriam O'Callaghan and Derek Mooney both earned in the region of €300,000.

That a TV station will not move the schedule of a Rugby match, and will force fools into changing an age old tradition of Pubs being closed on Good Friday.

That the most corrupt and reckless bank of them all, Anglo Irish Bank, is going to cost us a mindboggling €22.3 billion to save all on its own. It already got €4bn from the public purse last year, and another €8.3bn on 1 April. And Lenihan says it will need another €10bn in the near future.

That Fianna Fail is determined to save the Anglo Irish bank whatever the cost because it is, to all intents and purposes, the Fianna Fail bank. It was Anglo that bankrolled the wildest developers who in turn pumped millions into Fianna Fail.

That unlike Ireland, Iceland had a referendum and could vote NO to the bank compensation deal. Why should ordinary Icelandic citizens have to pay up for the misdeeds of a few Icelandic bankers, the greed of UK investors, and the spend-it-like-water attitude of the Brown government?

That when you stand back and look at the vested interest of some of the rich ruling elite a very clear picture emerges. The people controlling Banks, Media, Big Business, Finance and Property amount to no more than a hand-full.

That the Catholic Church weave and twist their way day by day still not acknowledging their horrible part in hiding paedophiles.

Pope Benedict XVI's personal preacher on Good Friday likened accusations against the pope and the Catholic church in the sex abuse scandal to "collective violence" suffered by the Jews.

That the Pope sends letters that are read at mass when he has something to say or make apologies.

That we were all conned by the Swine Flu hype, so pharmaceutical companies could make money.

We have Professional Footballers. The untold wealth that all of these possess, totally overpaid for the service they provide.

That we have Big Soccer clubs, all of whom have no connection with the Fans, the players or the area they are supposed to represent.

That Thierry Henry cheated, but more so that Blatter condoned his actions and laughed at the FAI and Ireland.

That we are overloaded with Reality TV - Jordan (Katie Price), Simon Cowell, Big Brother.....etc. untalented nobodies who live of Celebrity Magazines.

That we are overloaded with Celebrity Magazines

That I don't hate Ian Paisley anymore.

That teachers get a day off work for every day they work.

That People bought homes during the boom to make a profit.

That Ireland is a poor country again.

That the All Ireland Hurling championship is called the All Ireland Hurling championship. When only 8 teams take part. And there is only one representative from Connacht and Ulster.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

And I thought I was a moany git  :D Sorry mate but that cheered me up. ROFL
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Celt_Man

Aye and worst of all that Wilie O'Dea and John O'Donoghue will more than likely top the poll in the next general election.... the thought of that sometimes leads me to think we deserve what we get
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 02:05:54 AM
Aye and worst of all that Wilie O'Dea and John O'Donoghue will more than likely top the poll in the next general election.... the thought of that sometimes leads me to think we deserve what we get

Micheal Lowry need I say more.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 03, 2010, 02:09:04 AM

Couldn't think of that snake's name

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 03, 2010, 02:10:49 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 03, 2010, 02:09:04 AM

Couldn't think of that snake's name

Will Smith's character in this film is called Michael Lowery, I shit myself eveytime I hear him say Michael Lowery in the Bad Boys film.

Pangurban

Enough there to keep the Samaritans busy. Just remember in 100 yrs time there wont be a word about any of these things

Celt_Man

Quote from: Pangurban on April 03, 2010, 02:53:14 AM
Enough there to keep the Samaritans busy. Just remember in 100 yrs time there wont be a word about any of these things

Coz the country will be gone bust??
Is that an arguement to do nothing?

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

From the Bunker

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

I agree FTB, the world stinks.

It makes me sad that most people are dickheads though, there are very very few genuine decent people out there.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

It makes me sad that this makes the main page of the bbc news website!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8603059.stm
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Jen Cui

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 05, 2010, 12:58:16 PM
It makes me sad that this makes the main page of the bbc news website!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8603059.stm

It makes me sad that we care what's written on "The British Broadcasting Corporation" news website  :(
We're Irish!
http://www.rte.ie/news/

downgirl

It makes me sad that the President of UCC gets paid €270,000 a year and claimed €75,000 in expenses in the last 2 years.  What a hallion.