International Rules 2010/2011

Started by Estimator, March 31, 2010, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameltohill

very good whiskeysteve  :D :D :D

great day for the swa, proud honour for the club and my idol of course...hopefully he will do the business!
would be good if tohill could get ruari back playing ball as things aren't looking great but this is niether the time nor the place

congratulations sir

offtheground

Any word on what Anthony is getting paid for this???

Foreverhopeful

QuoteAny word on what Anthony is getting paid for this???
None of your business regardless. What kind of a question is that to ask?

Celt_Man

Think BHMan is right, a couple of dirty Junior B footballers wouldn't go amiss... One of them must be named the Bomber and had a soft spot for stout and whiskey...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

thejuice

Funny that of the teams thrown up no one included Tommy Walsh. Sure we must have nearly a full 15 of lads who are/were in the AFL, however briefly.

I noticed too that a selection from North Dublin schools beat an Aussie school team playing one half as international rules and the second with the oval ball. They won both halves as well. Would it be too much to ask of our seniors to try the same??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ha ha derry

Hope it,s a real good battering session again. Yee haa  ;D

Hardy

Sorry about this and I shouldn't  be doing the Gaoth Dobhair AbĂș on it and posting when I'm ... ehhh ... under the weather, but who really gives a f**k?

Puckoon

Swatragh must be some spot what with skyscrapers and towering infernos.

offtheground

Quote from: Foreverhopeful on April 01, 2010, 06:48:56 PM
QuoteAny word on what Anthony is getting paid for this???
None of your business regardless. What kind of a question is that to ask?

Perfectly legitimate question. Why shouldn't I ask? So do you know or are you a flat-earther who thinks he isn't getting paid?

Aerlik

Quote from: Puckoon on April 01, 2010, 08:27:47 PM
Swatragh must be some spot what with skyscrapers and towering infernos.

aaaaah, NO!  More like the hamlet that kept the Lada corporation in business in the '70s and '80s.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

magickingdom

Quote from: thejuice on April 01, 2010, 07:10:27 PM
Funny that of the teams thrown up no one included Tommy Walsh. Sure we must have nearly a full 15 of lads who are/were in the AFL, however briefly.

I noticed too that a selection from North Dublin schools beat an Aussie school team playing one half as international rules and the second with the oval ball. They won both halves as well. Would it be too much to ask of our seniors to try the same??

id love to see ireland try the oval ball, alot of guys have played rugby and would be familiar with it

woodie

I wouldn't think too many GAA players from Ulster would have used an oval ball. The round ball is to Ireland's advantage. The physicality permitted in the tackle suits the Aussies. While a 'free for all' can be entertaining, adds to the atmosphere/animosity, Ireland will only win playing football. Does many people really care who wins? or do we watch to see the scuffles???

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2010, 09:50:25 PM
Quote from: Foreverhopeful on March 31, 2010, 07:17:47 PM
jaysus Rossfan could you be anymore pathetic?
I forgot to include Pearse Hanley another Mayo man and Tadgh Kennelly of course. Both could fit into the team in the half-forwards.

Hanley is a ROSCOMMON  MAYO man  ;)

Fixed that for ya.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2010, 06:29:42 PM
Quote from: Foreverhopeful on March 31, 2010, 04:22:20 PM
Seamus O'Shea, Aidan O'Shea, Trevor Howley and Andy Moran from Mayo would suit this game.

Andy Moran is from and supports ROSCOMMON MAYO.
He plays for the rhubarbs because it's the only county team he is eligible for under GAA rules.

Fixed that for ya.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

JimStynes

Quote from: magickingdom on April 02, 2010, 07:19:37 PM
Quote from: thejuice on April 01, 2010, 07:10:27 PM

id love to see ireland try the oval ball, alot of guys have played rugby and would be familiar with it

Ireland would be completely destroyed, i would be surprised if they even scored with the oval ball.