Official Fooßball-Club Bayern München Thread Franck Ribéry the White Pele

Started by Dinny Breen, March 30, 2010, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: T Fearon on April 08, 2010, 09:26:36 AM
Great performance from Bayern last night that should have earned them at least a draw on the night. Just like Messi the previous night, I though Ribery was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

Good one TF, although you must have been watching a different match as Ribery was nowhere near the best player on the pitch.  Rafael had him in his back pocket until he was sent-off.  Just shows you how crazy the football world has got when the like of Ribery is mentioned as being worth 40 or 50 million.  But then again, if Berbabov is worth 30 million...
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

T Fearon

Ribery, in the second hald especially was at the heart of everything Bayern did, and Robben wasn't far behind.

Man Ure are finished as a force in Europe, too many ordinary players, with only pensioners like Giggs and Scholes to call upon in their hour of need, and no big bucks to spend either. Wouldn't surprise me if Rooney decided to move on after the World Cup.

Getting £30m for Berbatov was the best bit of business Spurs ever did ;)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2010, 09:16:59 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
Our boy's done well. Great deserved victory over the 2 legs.

Who are your boy's?  Are Bayern the team you supported before you bought your first Man City top in 2008?

Dry your eyes nrico. About time someone put Utd in their place, and im sure all other football fans enjoyed last night as well. I sorta wanted Utd to get to the final so Barca could give them another footballing lesson like last year, but the earlier they are out the better.

Boycey

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 08, 2010, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2010, 09:16:59 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 07, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
Our boy's done well. Great deserved victory over the 2 legs.

Who are your boy's?  Are Bayern the team you supported before you bought your first Man City top in 2008?

Dry your eyes nrico. About time someone put Utd in their place, and im sure all other football fans enjoyed last night as well. I sorta wanted Utd to get to the final so Barca could give them another footballing lesson like last year, but the earlier they are out the better.

Not sure knocking a team out in quarter finals of European Cup on away goals qualifies as putting team in their place........

But like I said in another thread earlier it gives u people a days fun or in this case maybe 2 or 3 so enjoy

ross4life

yep typical Archie Mitchell comment i get the feeling that carling cup Defeat still hurt's  ;D

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 07:05:59 PM
yep typical Archie Mitchell comment i get the feeling that carling cup Defeat still hurt's  ;D

f**king right it does but I got over it though and didn't try to blame anyone else. Ive never seen a bigger bunch of moaners in my life as Utd fans on here. Always have someone else to blame and can't admit defeat.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 08, 2010, 07:10:15 PM

f**king right it does but I got over it though and didn't try to blame anyone else. Ive never seen a bigger bunch of moaners in my life as Utd fans on here. Always have someone else to blame and can't admit defeat.

plenty to moan about when you see Bayern get so many breaks & even worse when you know Bayern should have been knocked out in the 2nd round

i Admitted Defeat in champions league final last year,  & to Ac Milan in 2007, 2005  in recent years but last nights knock out was as unlucky as Porto tie in 2004

but your guys have the chance to finish our title chances & you must be looking forward to that
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

Archie Mitchell

Re: The Official Manchester City FC Thread & Adebayor Fan Club
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f**king gutted. Thought City done enough to deserve the draw. As usual, Utd get all the gifts at the swamp from the ref. Where did the ref get 2 extra minutes of added time from?

City missed Adebayor big time as still missing that physical presence up front.

Didn't take long to find but then again nothing much happens on ur thread and never will cause in all honesty when cITEH do start to win Leagues and Cups (and it will happen) no-one will really care. Thats the difference between our two clubs...

hated, adored but never ignored

ross4life

Quote from: Boycey on April 08, 2010, 07:27:33 PM

Archie Mitchell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f**king gutted. Thought City done enough to deserve the draw. As usual, Utd get all the gifts at the swamp from the ref. Where did the ref get 2 extra minutes of added time from?

Didn't take long to find but then again nothing much happens on ur thread and never will cause in all honesty when cITEH do start to win Leagues and Cups (and it will happen) no-one will really care. Thats the difference between our two clubs...

:D :D :D priceless

Archie Mitchell

Archie Mitchell

That post is irrelevant, as that relates to the league game v Utd at the start of the season and not the Carling Cup tie that ross4life was referring to and I responded to.

Use talk about they lucky breaks Bayern got over the 2 legs and in the tournament, how many lucky breaks have Utd got over the seasons. But as they say, they all even themselves out. Thank god it started to even out the past week or so  ;D

Im not confident about the upcoming City v Utd game as anything can happen in it, and the gulf between the 2 teams isn't as big as it once was so it's all up in the air still.

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 07:18:49 PM

plenty to moan about when you see Bayern get so many breaks & even worse when you know Bayern should have been knocked out in the 2nd round

i Admitted Defeat in champions league final last year,  & to Ac Milan in 2007, 2005  in recent years but last nights knock out was as unlucky as Porto tie in 2004

but your guys have the chance to finish our title chances & you must be looking forward to that

Ross4life - These ties you haven't admitted defeat in, is there any rules or regulations whereby they could be replayed?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2010, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 07:18:49 PM

Ross4life - These ties you haven't admitted defeat in, is there any rules or regulations whereby they could be replayed?

no chance because defeats seems to make united stronger!

lost count the amount of times fergies team's have been written off & here we go again  ::)

Boycey

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 08, 2010, 07:36:55 PM

Archie Mitchell

That post is irrelevant, as that relates to the league game v Utd at the start of the season and not the Carling Cup tie that ross4life was referring to and I responded to.

Use talk about they lucky breaks Bayern got over the 2 legs and in the tournament, how many lucky breaks have Utd got over the seasons. But as they say, they all even themselves out. Thank god it started to even out the past week or so  ;D

Im not confident about the upcoming City v Utd game as anything can happen in it, and the gulf between the 2 teams isn't as big as it once was so it's all up in the air still.

I've highlighted for u the bits I think are relevant in relation to ur post. U have sort of proved what my point was anyway (thanks!).

We're all bad losers, look at any teams thread after a significant defeat there will be plenty of what if's and it onlys and the like and buried way in the middle somewhere a couple of sensible posters lurk. Its human nature and not as you suggest confined to United supporters. Maybe its just cause there are more of us that it seems that way  :P

Archie Mitchell

But it's always funnier when Utd mess up. 3-0 and you fucked it up!

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 08, 2010, 09:03:43 PM
But it's always funnier when Utd mess up. 3-0 and you fucked it up!

in case you didn't notice united beat Bayern (german league leaders) 3-2 with 10 men for the last 40Min's

it was that 92min goal over in Munich that more the likely won the tie