Mike Ashley is a big fat bollix

Started by deiseach, March 30, 2010, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

That is a septic decision. Jaysus, Ashley must be one thick f*cker.

Celt_Man

Madness... sheer bloody madness...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

SLIGONIAN

He just got them promoted minus a few of the best players like martins who they sold when they got relegated and without buying anyone he has them 11th in the league.

Hughton has grounds for unfair dismissal, no other manager could of done better, ya theyve had a slump slightly last few weeks but thats because Nolan and barton who have been brilliant were out of those games. I like Newcastle but i cant stand ashley, i can imagine a backlash from fans here.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ludermor

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/poll/2010/dec/06/newcastleunited-chris-hughton

The guardian has a poll at teh minute and it is showing 97% disagree with his sacking!
The crazy things is Ashley wouldnt give Houghton any money to spend to strenghten the squad and he just got on with it and done a great job but any new manager will demand a warchest! Does not make any sense!

tommysmith

See this on another sitem the Toon army are not happy.

QuoteBut if this was always the plan then why not sack him right at the end of last season?

Why would O'Neill touch Newcastle at the moment? Why would any manager who isn't desperate, washed up or sh*t touch Newcastle at the moment?

It is going to be one of Ashley's mates. Might even by David O'Leary. The new manager will already have an uphill battle even when accepting the job of an extremely popular (with fans and players) manager who did not deserve to be treated in this disgraceful way.

I hope Hughton gets a good job and comes back to SJP so we can all show him how much we respect and love him and how unjustly we think he has been treated.

The Worker

BennyHarp

Ashley didn't give Hughton any money or a contract for that matter as he was waiting for him to fail so he could sack him! He probably didn't think he would do so well!
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

It's a fair point about the unfair dismissal.

Joke of a decision. Anyone with any sense wouldn't touch newcastle with a barge pole.

I quite like them but it is your man Ashley.Hopefully there is a fan revolt.

Always liked Hughton - looked like a fairly straight up kind of guy. He was doing well too.

Denn Forever

Quote from: The Worker on December 06, 2010, 05:13:36 PM
Beardsley and stone

According the BBC report, they want somebody with greater managerial experience to bring them further ???

Maybe they are going to see Andy Carroll?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Club Rossa

Terrible decision,Hughton with very little money to spend,did a very good job.Ashley has fcuked up once again and will regret this decision in time.

ross4life

Maradona wants to manage a english club i wonder will he be interested?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

I assume they will simply have to pay off the rest of his contract, so no unfair dismissal there.

Still, it appears to be another bad decision by Newcastle. You need stability at the top if you want to get anywhere in team sports. Everything has to be changed and the team starts heading in a new direction when the newmanager comes in.

Chris won't be on the breadline tomorrow, the West Ham job might be coming up soon.

Norf Tyrone

Staggering decision. Mike Ashley's a dick.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 06, 2010, 05:29:31 PM
Quote from: The Worker on December 06, 2010, 05:13:36 PM
Beardsley and stone

According the BBC report, they want somebody with greater managerial experience to bring them further ???

Maybe they are going to see Andy Carroll?

probably shearer again sure he has greant managerial experience in bringing them down. An absolutely crazy decesion i was listening to the match on newstalk yesterday and i'm nearly sure that i heard one of the commentators say that hughton was 100.1 to be the next manager to be sacked . hope they get relegated its the least they deserve
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

BennyHarp

Martin Jol has left Ajax by mutual consent according to Sky! Now favourite for Newcastle job.
That was never a square ball!!