Stop Crying Mickey Harte

Started by panc56, March 30, 2010, 12:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panc56

Is Mickey Harte turning into a grumpy old man or what? For the past couple of years he has done nothing but complain about everything. He's a decent bloke with and impeccable record as a manager but for Gods sake Mickey a shut mouth catches no flies. The neutral support that Tyrone has had over the last number of years is a drifting as a result. 

T Fearon

I reckon he has lost the run of himself and sees himself as some type of Alex Ferguson >:( Saw a photo of him fawning all over Ferguson a few years ago when Ferguson was over doing something for the Omagh bombing victims)

Unlike Ferguson, he only wins a big trophy every three years, so I suppose he has plenty to cry about

ziggysego

Any hints as to how Mickey's upset you this time?
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

I would say Mickey has very little control on what the papers publish. You know what the media is like these days, anything just to fill the space. I do think it was a mistake for him to do a column in the Irish news, this should have been left until he was finished with management. Would love to know what money he has made this last couple of years from all his speeches etc.

rosnarun

Quote from: Hereiam on March 30, 2010, 12:57:16 PM
I would say Mickey has very little control on what the papers publish. You know what the media is like these days, anything just to fill the space. I do think it was a mistake for him to do a column in the Irish news, this should have been left until he was finished with management. Would love to know what money he has made this last couple of years from all his speeches etc.

If he has his own column then he has abetter idea than most about how the media works. like omahony in mayo some where in his head HE Thinks hees fightting the long war in the media what else could explain his attack on cavanagh in his book other than somme warpedmotivation tool

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

panc56

His latest whinge is in relation to how teams are relegated and promoted in this . This was decided last year and your central council delegate knew full well how the leagues were to be decided.

BennyHarp

I'm sick of people whinging about Mickey Harte whinging!  >:(
That was never a square ball!!

Maguire01

Quote from: panc56 on March 30, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
His latest whinge is in relation to how teams are relegated and promoted in this . This was decided last year and your central council delegate knew full well how the leagues were to be decided.
That's a fair gripe in my opinion, regardless of when it was agreed. Whilst it is more likely to benefit Monaghan than Tyrone, it's stupid.

ziggysego

Someone was explaining the change to me today at work. It's the rariest set up I've heard. What was wrong with the old system?
Testing Accessibility

heffo

Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 07:19:59 PM
Someone was explaining the change to me today at work. It's the rariest set up I've heard. What was wrong with the old system?

Scoring difference could not be used to decide final placings in a competition in the event of a walkover .

heffo

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 30, 2010, 07:18:23 PM
That's a fair gripe in my opinion, regardless of when it was agreed.

The nature of his gripe in this case wasn't the actual rule, but that 'they only told us now, at the end of the competition' - he would have us believe that no-one in Tyrone heard of this rule, even though it's in effect in every single competition in Tyrone since January..

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ziggysego on March 30, 2010, 12:43:28 PM
Any hints as to how Mickey's upset you this time?

I believe Mickey want counties to be relegated based on alphabetical order. So if Armagh and Down are level, Armagh would go down cos they begin with an "A". Funny, as a result of this revolutionary new proposal Tyrone would need to finish level with Wexford, Wicklow or Waterford to go down.

rosnarun

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 30, 2010, 07:18:23 PM
That's a fair gripe in my opinion, regardless of when it was agreed. Whilst it is more likely to benefit Monaghan than Tyrone, it's stupid.

or more conspiratorially it will halp dublin into the league final and ensure a good crowd mayo lose to cork dubs beat tyrone Its a dublin cork final under the old system there would need to be a ten point turn around
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

TirEoghain Realist

If nobody whinged, then we would live in a dysfunctional world.
Be thankful he has something to winge about-he raises some very valid points, and maybe someone at the highest level will consider all arguments before making any decisions.

T Fearon

Would he be whingeing if Tyrone were benefitting from this new system. No he bloody well wouldn't