Author Topic: Quinn Insurance in Administration  (Read 261240 times)

supersarsfields

• View Profile
Re: Quinn Insurance in Administration
« Reply #3060 on: November 08, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
I hear the premises raided in Derrylin/ Teemore are linked to the family of the person involved in the incident earlier in the year where KL got his nose broke.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 08, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »
I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book.

A firm kick on the hole will do that. I don't blame Lunny for going public, he probably didn't even want to. But something is at least being done anyway.

At first I thought it was some kind of republican gang behind it, but after watching the spotlight show seems like it was amateur hour, holding him up instead of cable ties, then cable tied, then had to cut cable ties to take off the jacket. Maybe I'm giving the aforementioned Republican gangs too much credit but thought they might be a bit 'slicker'....for want of a better word/

Listening to the victims account the other night it seems a bit of an amateur job myself. Especially when it only occurred to them during the event to go and buy some bleach

grounded

• View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 08, 2019, 07:32:00 PM »
Im sure its been put up before but i thought this article gives a fascinating insight into the cement industry in ireland.
https://villagemagazine.ie/index.php/2012/11/the-cement-billionaires/

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 08, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »
I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book.

A firm kick on the hole will do that. I don't blame Lunny for going public, he probably didn't even want to. But something is at least being done anyway.

At first I thought it was some kind of republican gang behind it, but after watching the spotlight show seems like it was amateur hour, holding him up instead of cable ties, then cable tied, then had to cut cable ties to take off the jacket. Maybe I'm giving the aforementioned Republican gangs too much credit but thought they might be a bit 'slicker'....for want of a better word/

Listening to the victims account the other night it seems a bit of an amateur job myself. Especially when it only occurred to them during the event to go and buy some bleach

Well I did tell ye you were dealing with dissident Republicans morons in one of my earlier posts

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 09, 2019, 02:38:14 AM »
Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D

When he wss originally from Dublin, its hardly the worst nickname ever...

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 09, 2019, 08:52:28 AM »
Dont take everything you read on tinternet literally wodney

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 09, 2019, 09:02:21 AM »
The events of this case like those in Essex are utterly repellent but a potential upside is the routing of the type of scumbags that have lorded it around the border area for too long

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 09, 2019, 10:08:07 AM »
Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D

When he wss originally from Dublin, its hardly the worst nickname ever...

I've heard locally that it was his Dublin accent that gave rise to the nickname.

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 09, 2019, 10:10:27 AM »
Dont take everything you read on tinternet literally wodney

I'm not going by the Internet. He is originally from Swords, sure talk to anyone from Ballyconnell or Derrylin and they will tell you. 

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Dubh driocht

• View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 09, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »
Kevin Lunney is a courageous and heroic Irishman.  I wish him a full recovery.  Everyone should watch Spotlight.

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 09, 2019, 09:10:16 PM »
Sounds like the 'paymaster' should have a squeaky anus. Family tradition is to leggit though

under the bar

• View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 10, 2019, 01:08:22 AM »
Sounds like the 'paymaster' should have a squeaky anus. Family tradition is to leggit though

What's the odds that the odious paymaster is a Liverpool supporter?

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 10, 2019, 07:51:10 AM »
Reading the reports of what was found in the house in Derbyshire it seems like we must be getting close to understanding who is behind these attacks very soon.
An interesting next week, no doubt.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 10, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »
Reading the reports of what was found in the house in Derbyshire it seems like we must be getting close to understanding who is behind these attacks very soon.
An interesting next week, no doubt.

What was found?