Author Topic: Quinn Insurance in Administration  (Read 261272 times)

mrdeeds

• View Profile
Re: Quinn Insurance in Administration
« Reply #3045 on: November 08, 2019, 12:49:48 PM »
The main suspect behind the attack from Derbyshire has died.

One way of putting it I suppose.

How so?
It is reported he had a heart attack during a police raid

Hmmm... We'll see.

Jeffrey Epstein was in the house too.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: November 08, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »
I am waiting patiently for Angelo to come along and tell us died by the cyanide pill Sean Quinn gave him if he ever got caught.

five points

• View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: November 08, 2019, 01:17:51 PM »
I am waiting patiently for Angelo to come along and tell us died by the cyanide pill Sean Quinn gave him if he ever got caught.

Hardly likely but he would have been worth more to the investigation alive than dead. That will suit some people.

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 08, 2019, 01:26:01 PM »

Was waiting for you to come out and defend SQ once again. You didn't let me down.

dec

• View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 08, 2019, 01:36:04 PM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/kevin-lunney-quinn-director-attack-mastermind-dies-as-police-carry-out-searches-38673054.html

"The alleged mastermind of the brutal abduction and torture of businessman Kevin Lunney died of a heart attack when English police raided his “safe house” in the UK in a series of searches by three police forces this morning.

Mob boss Cyril McGuinness died when armed police raided the property in the Derby area of England after getting the location of the secret hideout from gardai...

McGuinness who was aged in his early 50s from in Co Fermanagh and has more than 50 convictions."

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: November 08, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »
The post mortem will be interesting, don't think many people will buy the heart attack angle. His secrets now go with him to the grave which can only suit those under whose instructions he was working. Reeks of the Epstein case this. 

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 08, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/kevin-lunney-quinn-director-attack-mastermind-dies-as-police-carry-out-searches-38673054.html

"The alleged mastermind of the brutal abduction and torture of businessman Kevin Lunney died of a heart attack when English police raided his “safe house” in the UK in a series of searches by three police forces this morning.

Mob boss Cyril McGuinness died when armed police raided the property in the Derby area of England after getting the location of the secret hideout from gardai...

McGuinness who was aged in his early 50s from in Co Fermanagh and has more than 50 convictions."
Mastermind  ???

93-DY-SAM

• View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 08, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book. 

Angelo

• View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 08, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »
Why would a well known leader of a criminal gang be so intent to get the Quinn family back in control of their former business empire?

If it is believed he was the man orchestrating the campaign then the question now has to be why?

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 08, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
Love the phrase 'Mob Boss'.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 08, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 08, 2019, 04:33:41 PM »
I wouldn't claim to be fully up to speed with the whole history of this but is it just me or does it seem like this has all stepped up several gears since the Spotlight programme. Seems like it has pressured the cops on all sides to get their fingers out now that Kevin Lunney has gone public and described his awful ordeal. Or am I just being too cynical and is this the accumulation of months of work which just so happens to coincide with the Spotlight programme. Never any such thing as a coincidence in my book.

Certainly looks that way, just reading that Dublin Jimmy had run ins with Garda officers before, perhaps they just didn't want to go near this guy for fear of reprisal.

Perhaps it raises questions about the previous structure of the business and whether there was more than a single layer of ownership.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 08, 2019, 04:43:25 PM »

A firm kick on the hole will do that. I don't blame Lunny for going public, he probably didn't even want to. But something is at least being done anyway.

At first I thought it was some kind of republican gang behind it, but after watching the spotlight show seems like it was amateur hour, holding him up instead of cable ties, then cable tied, then had to cut cable ties to take off the jacket. Maybe I'm giving the aforementioned Republican gangs too much credit but thought they might be a bit 'slicker'....for want of a better word/ 

Baile Brigín 2

• View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 08, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »
Fermanagh man Cyril McGuinness. Known as Dublin Jimmy. Worst nickname ever. Was Fermanagh Cyril already taken?!  ;D
But he was a Dub...