Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Has there been any team selections yet? if so could someone post it up please
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mhacadoir

Quote from: J70 on April 08, 2010, 11:26:07 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on April 08, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on April 08, 2010, 05:09:16 PM
where abouts in letterkenny is the ground? is it hard to get to, park etc?

Bump - any Donegal folk out there ?
Quote from: RMDrive on April 08, 2010, 11:00:33 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on April 08, 2010, 10:45:41 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on April 08, 2010, 05:09:16 PM
where abouts in letterkenny is the ground? is it hard to get to, park etc?

Bump - any Donegal folk out there ?

It's about half a mile outside the town on the road (R250) heading to Churchill/Glenties. AFAIK there'll be a shuttle bus running out from the bottom of the town beside Dunnes Stores, but it's a short walk anyway. Parking isn't great around the ground but it will be well stewarded and you can park along the main road no problem. Eunan's always do a good j when the host games so yous should be well looked after.

There should be tonnes of parking in and around the retail parks where the new Dunnes Stores, Lidl's, Ramada, cinema and all those businesses are located, which would be the direction Armagh ones would be coming from anyway. In the map I've included, the area marked "Cinema - Shop Units..." along the lower section of the map, on the banks of the river. The pitch is in the area where Ballymacool is marked in the bottom left corner.

Sorry about the size of the map! :-[

cheers lads

Goats Do Shave

illdecide

Armagh team...

Hearty
Andy Mallon
B Donaghy
B Shannon
P Duffy
C McKeever
Finn Mo
K Toner
J Lavery
C Vernon
A Kernan
G Swift
T Kernan
S McDonnell
B Mallon
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BenDover

Quote from: stew on April 07, 2010, 11:52:21 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2010, 02:12:43 PM
It depends. If he was a 20 goal a season midfielder, I'd certainly rather see him in a Spurs shirt ;D

Tone, rule number one as an Armagh football supporter, never ever support a sawker team over your Gaelic team.

Clarke was offered a tennis scholarship at a college in the states when he was seventeen, he must be some athlete as thats a very high standard of tennis to be offered a division one scholarship.

U sure this was Ronan Stew? I know JJ was the big tennis star in the clarke house even won a few ulster tournaments - ignore me shoulda read the rest of the thread!

On a brighter note good to see Duffy get a chance at wing back

ArmaghGAAforum

Donegal Team: P Durcan, F McGlynn, N McGee, K Lacey, M Maguire, A Thompson, K Cassidy (c), N Gallagher, E Kelly, L McLoone, C Dunne, B Dunnion, C McFadden, M Murphy, A Hanlon

gerryg

Seen the lineout for sunday , what have forker & henderson done wrong to not be selected, we have chopped & changed the forward lineout throughout the league & on different occassions they have been very good, since henderson played well against laois  at full forward his best position in my opinion for the following matches he was playing out near the half forward line where he worked hard but is more effective in closer to goal, forker & henderson are generally feeding off scraps as most balls into the full forward line are naturally directed towards stevie, these players need a run in the forward line as they are easily our best option without getting sacraficed when things are not going well ie against down as they need match time to gain confidence. it looks like following the same pattern as last year all over again.

stew

I dont know what photos Hearty has of O'Rourke and his staff, when are they going to figure out he is a liability and that we have at least two keepers in the County better that Hearty?

This is a very important game for us, I hope Armagh do themselves justice but I fear that at this stage we are chopping and changing so much that we will not have the cohesion required for Championship football.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mountainboii

Who'd be a football manager?

They give a few lads in certain positions the chance to show what they can do and they're castigated for 'chopping and changing too much'. In other positions they let a fella get a run of games to bed down his place and they're lambasted for not giving others a go. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Carbery

Quote from: illdecide on April 09, 2010, 12:52:48 PM
Armagh team...

Hearty
Andy Mallon
B Donaghy
B Shannon
P Duffy
C McKeever
Finn Mo
K Toner
J Lavery
C Vernon
A Kernan
G Swift
T Kernan
S McDonnell
B Mallon

Anyone know the Armagh or Donegal substitutes for Sunday's game?

ArmaghGAAforum

Quote from: Carbery on April 09, 2010, 08:49:50 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 09, 2010, 12:52:48 PM
Armagh team...

Hearty
Andy Mallon
B Donaghy
B Shannon
P Duffy
C McKeever
Finn Mo
K Toner
J Lavery
C Vernon
A Kernan
G Swift
T Kernan
S McDonnell
B Mallon

Anyone know the Armagh or Donegal substitutes for Sunday's game?

Armagh Subs
Substitutes:

16. Philip McEvoy P. Mac Fhíobhuí Dromintee
17. Ryan Henderson R. Mac Éinrí Clann Eireann
18. Stefan Forker S. Mac Fearchair Maghery
19. Joe Feeney S. Ó Fiannaí Madden
20. Martin Ferris M. Ó Fearais Carrickcruppen
21. Paul Kernan P. Mac Thiarnáin Crossmaglen
22. Darnell Parkinson D. Mac Peárcín Pearse Og
23. Jason O'Neill S. Ó Neill Granemore
24. Paul Magee P. Mag Aoidh Sarsfields

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on April 09, 2010, 09:48:59 PM

Armagh Subs
Substitutes:

16. Philip McEvoy P. Mac Fhíobhuí Dromintee
17. Ryan Henderson R. Mac Éinrí Clann Eireann
18. Stefan Forker S. Mac Fearchair Maghery
19. Joe Feeney S. Ó Fiannaí Madden
20. Martin Ferris M. Ó Fearais Carrickcruppen
21. Paul Kernan P. Mac Thiarnáin Crossmaglen
22. Darnell Parkinson D. Mac Peárcín Pearse Og
23. Jason O'Neill S. Ó Neill Granemore
24. Paul Magee P. Mag Aoidh Sarsfields

They don't stick rigidly to the 24 though do they? You'd have expected to see some of the recent additions to the squad on the bench. As for the team, its a fair enough selection. A wee surprising to see Tony Kernan and Barry Shannon getting their first start in what could be the last match. You'd have thought if they were being seriously considering as championship starters we'd have see them in the first XV before now. That said, I wouldn't quibble too much.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

lawnseed

hearty :o ::) >:( :'( so going ups not important and another rattle at the morne men isnt on. why bother. cassidy will frighten the life out of hearty and he'll lie down and stick his leg up... same old
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Orior

Hearty has been a decent servant for the county, but I cant believe he's been given the No 1 spot.

Also, what the heck is Parkinson doing on the subs bench? Was not impressed by him in last years club championship.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians