Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath - Páirc Uí hÉilí, An Ómaigh - 11/04/2010

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 28, 2010, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 03:02:13 AM
Nope, not a chance Antrim will beat that. Tyrone by 4 or 5 but never in doubt.

Cute Hoorism makes a journey from South to North.

heffo

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 11, 2010, 10:59:51 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 11, 2010, 10:28:50 PM
I'm not being at all bitter - Mayo won today and deservedly so.

The facts remain that Cork made ten changes to the team that stormed through the league and Shields not making it made eleven.

Others can make their own minds up on that.

I don't know why they would want to throw the game, so as to play Mayo, the capitulations of Dublin and Cork in Croke Park over the last 10 years make Mayo's look like a mild scolding. Let's just stay with those facts not the myths created in the Annals of Irish Star and the Annals of the Evening Herald. Those other two counties hammerings where far closer to the Doomsday Book (Check the scores, not the folklore). Mayo is the only one of this three to actually WIN a Senior Men's Football National Title in Croke Park since 2000. If anyone threw a game this year it was Mayo against Dublin in McHale Park. I heard Johnno wanted to play Dublin in the final so had the Mayo players on orders to miss 18 points and lose by just one  :D

What does any of that redundant information have to do with Cork making eleven changes to a winning team (12 if you include Canty's injury in the first half?

Mayo are in the league final and deservedly so - my gripe isn't with them.

My gripe is with Cork fielding a B team.

ziggysego

Was great to see a good turn out of Dublin support in Omagh yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised by the big number that travelled north and it was nice to chat to one or two of them after the game. They really enjoyed this win, but firmly have their eye on the bigger prize this year.

A lot of a supporters went to behind the goals, at the town end. Looked almost like Hill 16 ;)
Testing Accessibility

Declan

Must admit I was surprised at that result and delighted as well. Given the right type of ball Bernard is very hard to mark and McMenamon compliments him well. As others have said midfield is still a huge issue for us but no more than Gilroy I don't know what the solution is. Tyrone were poor though so that must be factored into the equation as well.
The brother had a gang of young fellas up that morning in Errigal Chiarain and everyone had a great day out and hospitality was first class by all accounts.
With the hot weather and lots of blue shirts behind the goal it certainly whets the appetite for the Championship ;)

Club Rossa

While it will be a huge help to have Mulligan,O'Neill and hopefully Dooher back for the championship,i would still be worried about our defence.We don't have a really good man marker that can put the shackles on the oppositions dangerman.Brogan tore us apart yesterday but i would say that if we were to meet them in the championship Mickey Harte would obviously change tactics and get a few extra bodies behind the ball.
It's disappointing to go down but i still feel that this Tyrone team has something left in them and i wouldn't go writing the obituaries just yet.

INDIANA

Quote from: Declan on April 12, 2010, 10:32:51 AM
Must admit I was surprised at that result and delighted as well. Given the right type of ball Bernard is very hard to mark and McMenamon compliments him well. As others have said midfield is still a huge issue for us but no more than Gilroy I don't know what the solution is. Tyrone were poor though so that must be factored into the equation as well.
The brother had a gang of young fellas up that morning in Errigal Chiarain and everyone had a great day out and hospitality was first class by all accounts.
With the hot weather and lots of blue shirts behind the goal it certainly whets the appetite for the Championship ;)

The midfield issue didn't exist when Whelan and Ryan were there. They will live to regret that decision because thats where our problems are. Imagine if we had those two available- we might just have a balanced team. Still makes no sense.

As regards Tyrone the defence is their problem. Not too disappointed to see the demise of one of the tyrone's defenders yesterday who I've always considered to be a nasty piece of work.
Ricey is still a very decent player and Jordan was  decent as well. Mc Mahon is still a classy footballer as well. BUt they need to find 2 defenders before the championship. New ones. I don't believe O Neill is a good defender- great going forward alright. Forward line is still very good as named below. Pointless playing Cavanagh at full forward. Too influential to be playing in there. So Tyrone will definitely make the last 8 and maybe the last 4 but thats it for me.
Not enough new blood. Haven't done well at u21 level for quite some time. Far more important grade than minor.

INDIANA

Quote from: ziggysego on April 12, 2010, 10:12:22 AM
Was great to see a good turn out of Dublin support in Omagh yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised by the big number that travelled north and it was nice to chat to one or two of them after the game. They really enjoyed this win, but firmly have their eye on the bigger prize this year.

A lot of a supporters went to behind the goals, at the town end. Looked almost like Hill 16 ;)

Any Dublin fan who thinks Dublin can win Sam Maguire needs to check into portrane as soon as possible.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 02:30:37 AM
Stew, let's be honest, Tyrone will be playing Armagh or Derry in the Ulster Final. I reckon it'll be Armagh and it should be a cracking game. Could it even go to Croke Park?

You've just witnessed the first pre-championship USFC 'big statement'... I think either of those teams have to beat Monaghan and then Fermanagh or Cavan. With respect to Fermanagh or Cavan I can't see our game against either Armagh or Derry being that clear cut. Is there something you know that we don't?? You've the venue and all chosen already..

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 03:02:13 AM
Nope, not a chance Antrim will beat that. Tyrone by 4 or 5 but never in doubt.

You are 100% HS. Tyrone will beat Antrim by at leats five points. Why, because they are better all over the field. The only significant victory that Antrim have had over the past 12 months is beating Donegal in Ballybofey and even that is questionable when you wonder why the Donegal goal was disallowed at the end. After that.... Cavan!
This year Offaly and Wexford have beaten them, hardly giants of the game. Tyrone to win easy!

Shadylimp

funny how sandwiches has kept quiet on mark donnellys performance so far yet when other players play a poor game, he is straight away on the board calling for their heads.
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

Main Street

It's an Antrim Down semi final.
I'd put my garden shed on Antrim beating Tyrone at Casement.

ziggysego

Quote from: Main Street on April 12, 2010, 11:30:57 AM
It's an Antrim Down semi final.
I'd put my garden shed on Antrim beating Tyrone at Casement.

I don't know of any bookies that accept garden sheds as a wager.
Testing Accessibility

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Main Street

rrhf

Fair dues to Dublin - ye had us chasing shadows yesterday.  When was the last time Tyrone were in Division 2, some debate about that at the moment.  The most disappointing aspects of yesterday for me was yet another poor gameplan,  the demise of our defence, the performances of our midfield men who were cleaned out, and the sight at the start of the second half a visably injured Colm Cavanagh limping to full forward  - now either he was bluffing or the management hadnt noticed his limping out of the tunnel, or at half time.   I hate to read the commentry on Gormley - a Tyrone legend, but I felt he was hung out to dry on Brogan both by an inactive midfield and management.  Unfortunately Sean O Neill wasnt played from the start instead of Davy whom Dublin targeted,  Mickeys reasons are justifiable to a point but when relegation occurs he must now take responsibility also and account of what he could have done better.  Positive aspect for me was Peter Harte who will be the brightest spark in Tyrone football in a couple of years and Philip Jorday played well.  I felt sorry for Marty Penrose yesterday - just a bad day after a great campaign, I think hes probably a half forward anyway.   Ive no doubt we will beat Antrim as cuteness and experience will prevail there, but how far we can go is anyones guess.  In reality we should have lost every league game - and just how well this transition period goes is anyones guess - Its some test for Harte and hes had mixed results to date but Im sure things will improve for him.  Id say expectation levels going into the championship is not a bad thing, but have they been this low in 10 years?