US Masters 2010,Augusta National

Started by The Real Laoislad, March 28, 2010, 12:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

He is 100/1 to win it, dunno after that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2010, 08:16:20 PM
Is Graeme McDowell in the masters field? If he is what price is he to top 5?

Edit. I decide to not be such a lazy hoor. Answer is a) Yes and b) 80/1 to win, quarter the odds 1-5.

Might be worth a tenner e/w.

Who is this "Graeme McDowell" you speak of ?

Surely you mean "G Mac" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2010, 08:20:20 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 29, 2010, 08:16:20 PM
Is Graeme McDowell in the masters field? If he is what price is he to top 5?

Edit. I decide to not be such a lazy hoor. Answer is a) Yes and b) 80/1 to win, quarter the odds 1-5.

Might be worth a tenner e/w.

Who is this "Graeme McDowell" you speak of ?

Surely you mean "G Mac" ?

If he wins at 80 or 100 to 1 with my sneaky 10 e/w on him, he can call himself whatever he f*cking likes :D

Although I did think a GMac was a truck? I know he's a bit stocky, but that's over the top :)

gerrykeegan

I have few outside small bets on the exchanges John Senden, Chris Wood, and Ricky Barnes, hope to lay some of it off with a good first  round. KJ Justin Rose and JB are my main bets
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bogball XV

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 29, 2010, 08:32:06 PM
I have few outside small bets on the exchanges John Senden, Chris Wood, and Ricky Barnes, hope to lay some of it off with a good first  round. KJ Justin Rose and JB are my main bets
JB?  Holmes?  Don't think he's in the field.

AZ you're wasting your tenner with Gmac - he's shown a marked inability to get the job done this last while, gets into contention and then very quickly right back out of it.  Right enough, Els was the same for a long time, though I reckon he'd shit himself too if he went close in Augusta again.

sammymaguire

JB Holmes is in the field and in great form, priced 80/1 with PP  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Bogball XV on March 29, 2010, 08:51:54 PM

AZ you're wasting your tenner with Gmac - he's shown a marked inability to get the job done this last while, gets into contention and then very quickly right back out of it.  Right enough, Els was the same for a long time, though I reckon he'd shit himself too if he went close in Augusta again.

He needed to be in the top 4 last weekend and didnt. Ross Fisher is my substitute

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 29, 2010, 09:04:11 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on March 29, 2010, 08:51:54 PM

He needed to be in the top 4 last weekend and didnt. Ross Fisher is my substitute

He is still listed on the paddypower website as playing, he is 80/1
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 29, 2010, 08:59:47 PM

I hope JB Holmes burns and dies. He gave his caddie a right good bollicking last Saturday cause the caddie game him the wrong yardage. If I had been his caddie I would have felt like saying "f**k you asshole!" and thrown his clubs in the lake.

On the other hand, its always nice to get paid.

But Holmes is an asshole. Chuck his clubs in the water.

But Holmes is a bad tempered shithead. Chuck his clubs in the water.

On the other hand, I get to go to the Augusta.

What would you do?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Orior on March 29, 2010, 09:36:54 PM

I hope JB Holmes burns and dies. He gave his caddie a right good bollicking last Saturday cause the caddie game him the wrong yardage. If I had been his caddie I would have felt like saying "f**k you asshole!" and thrown his clubs in the lake.

What would you do?

Don't see the problem,the caddie is paid rather well to do his job,that shot could have cost him a few hundred thousand,how hard is it to get the yardage right?

I would have chucked the caddie into the water
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 29, 2010, 09:42:26 PM

What would you do?

Don't see the problem,the caddie is paid rather well to do his job,that shot could have cost him a few hundred thousand,how hard is it to get the yardage right?

You are the real Laoislad alrite.

The caddie made a mistake, it happens, imagine being Ian Woosnam and having your cadie fcuk up at a major by having an extra club in the bag, he even let that go by giving the guy another chance only for him to feck up a while later by sleeping in and woosie was running like a madman semi clothed to the tee box only to be late anyway.

Oh yeah, he got roaded after the second incident and quite rightly too.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

That reminds me of the Bernard Langer story about yardage.

Langer to caddy "How far from Sprinkler head to pin?"

Caddy '173 yards'

Langer 'Is that from front of sprinkler head or back of sprinkler head?'.

I'd say if you got your yardage wrong with Bernard Langer, he'd have you executed.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: stew on March 29, 2010, 11:41:51 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 29, 2010, 09:42:26 PM

What would you do?

You are the real Laoislad alrite.

The caddie made a mistake, it happens, imagine being Ian Woosnam and having your cadie fcuk up at a major by having an extra club in the bag, he even let that go by giving the guy another chance only for him to feck up a while later by sleeping in and woosie was running like a madman semi clothed to the tee box only to be late anyway.

Oh yeah, he got roaded after the second incident and quite rightly too.

Reading up about it, I don't think the caddie made a mistake at all, JB admitted afterwards he took on a shot out of the bunker that he shouldn't have. Thats what pissed him off. I remember at the time the golf channel said it was his caddie giving them him the wrong yardage, think they were just making it up.

Hedley Lamarr

Guys you have all gone very quiet....the countdown is on....Westwood may be hitting form at the right time and wouldn't mind him winning. I've met him a few times and he is very down to earth.
Hope to be home in time to see all the action.

Happy punting everyone.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: