Play Gaelic in Australia - Cormac McAnallens

Started by CormacMcAnallens, March 25, 2010, 09:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CormacMcAnallens

G'day

With the season down under just ready to get under way we would like to welcome anyone who is coming travelling to Australia to come out and play gaelic - mens and ladies football as well as camogie.

Great way to get out and meet new mates as well as playing a competitive level of sport.

McAnallens is a club with a great history and recent winners of the championship. We have girls and fellas playing with us from all over Ireland - Kerry, Dublin, Galway, Tyrone, Armagh, Wexford to name a few.

Please email info@cormacmcanallensgac.com or post on this to find out more.

See you soon.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Good luck with that.

Go n-éirigh an Ozzie bóthar leat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Never beat the deeler

Are McAnallens playing in the tournament in Sydney this weekend?

Will be there, but no longer playing as there's not a lot of GAA in FNQ!
Hasta la victoria siempre

RedandGreenSniper

Never mind McAnallens - Clan na Gael are the only team worth going to :P
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

CormacMcAnallens

Unfortunately we are not playing in the Gosford competition this weekend but many of us will be up there.

We are having our annual club bbq on Saturday in Bronte though!!

Not much GAA in NQF but I think Brisbane are actually entering a team and wanted to enter a second team in the Gosford competition.

Clan na Gael lads are usually all talk this time of the season!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: CormacMcAnallens on March 26, 2010, 12:31:01 AM

A bit like Mayo then, eh R&GS?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

western exile

Quote from: CormacMcAnallens on March 25, 2010, 09:29:19 PM
G'day

With the season down under just ready to get under way we would like to welcome anyone who is coming travelling to Australia to come out and play gaelic - mens and ladies football as well as camogie.

Great way to get out and meet new mates as well as playing a competitive level of sport.

McAnallens is a club with a great history and recent winners of the championship. We have girls and fellas playing with us from all over Ireland - Kerry, Dublin, Galway, Tyrone, Armagh, Wexford to name a few.

Please email info@cormacmcanallensgac.com or post on this to find out more.

See you soon.
What great history?  Your club did not exist when I left Sydney just over 5 years ago!

AZOffaly

The clue might be in the name, for Jaysus' sake.

western exile

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 26, 2010, 10:26:24 AM
So if I started a new club tomorrow, and called it "Christ Ring GAC", it would automatically have a "great history" because of the name I choose,  without having won a game?
So we are clear...  I, in no way want to diminish the memory of the great man whose name is used in the name of this new club.  And I wish the club well in creating a "great history" in the future, but let us not get carried away and claim to have a great history before accomplishments have been made!

CormacMcAnallens

Indeed what was meant by a great history was in reference to Cormac himself. I suppose like Cormac too we have achieved quite a lot in a short space of time and hope to continue to make history.

aoifad

Great stuff McAnallens. Best of luck with the coming season. If its as successful as the annual BBQ no doubt everyone will be happy! Also loving the facbook page & updates. Great way to stay in touch and make everyone welcome members of the club irrespective of location. Keep up the good work & i'll definitley send new members your way. Up the Macs :)

cookstownblue

Quote from: western exile on March 26, 2010, 11:30:22 AM
So if I started a new club tomorrow, and called it "Christ Ring GAC", it would automatically have a "great history" because of the name I choose,  without having won a game?
So we are clear...  I, in no way want to diminish the memory of the great man whose name is used in the name of this new club.  And I wish the club well in creating a "great history" in the future, but let us not get carried away and claim to have a great history before accomplishments have been made!

What a slaber you are, these lads are playing for the name of a great footballer and ambassador for his country- and your sitting in your milking parlour in the back ass of nowhere with your dodgy internet connection and "new" laptop trying to give them stick for promoting their club- get a life you creep, you obviously know nothin about GAA, your just a twisted nobody trying to be a big fella on this..............................now jog on

haranguerer

'these lads are playing for the name of a great footballer' - what shite are you on about? I suppose you's dedicate all your games to Fr Rocks?  ::) They're playing '...as a great way to get out and meet new mates as well as play a competitive level of sport' as the poster himself says....

What western exile said was correct, the club is recent, its cant really have a great history. If he'd stuck a smiley face on the end of the msg noone would have said anything, and I think thats the way it was intended - I doubt he was trying to take anything away from them. But plough on there with your indignant ignorance. And since when did being from Cookstown qualify you to slate someone for being from the country? ??? Its clear to me whos acting the big (stupid) lad.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: cookstownblue on March 30, 2010, 04:17:59 PM
Quote from: western exile on March 26, 2010, 11:30:22 AM

What a slaber you are, these lads are playing for the name of a great footballer and ambassador for his country- and your sitting in your milking parlour in the back ass of nowhere with your dodgy internet connection and "new" laptop trying to give them stick for promoting their club- get a life you creep, you obviously know nothin about GAA, your just a twisted nobody trying to be a big fella on this..............................now jog on
:D Idiot

Western Exile is correct in what he said IMHO
You'll Never Walk Alone.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 26, 2010, 12:34:22 AM
Quote from: CormacMcAnallens on March 26, 2010, 12:31:01 AM

A bit like Mayo then, eh R&GS?  ;)

There's the pair of ye that are in it and I won't warn ye again!

When I was there we never had any problem dealing with McAnallens! Twas feckin Young Ireland that we were cursed with.

Bit like the Mayo - Tyrone - Kerry relationship!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year