Is the Pope guilty of sexual abuse cover up?

Started by give her dixie, March 25, 2010, 02:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: magickingdom on June 25, 2010, 09:55:25 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on March 26, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
The sight of the disgraced Irish Bishops meeting the Pope in Rome a few weeks ago was sickening.
Watching them curtsey in front of him, and then proceed to kiss his ring like he was some form of royalty was revolting.
Watching this, i'm sure the victims felt like they had support at the highest level.
I'm sure the meeting went into much detail about how they could cover up some more. Share a few idea's and secrets on the art of cover up.

I have a very good friend who was abused by a priest, and knowing about the cover up involved in their case is one very very sad affair. The church is rotten to the core from the top down. Until there are changes from the top down, then the church will continue in free fall.

If any of the loyal supporters of the church on here knew a victim personally, then you would soon change your tune. By supoporting the church and clergy in it's current form, you are on the side of the abusers.

and if you knew a victim of hamas...... what a load of sh1t bla bla bla

100% Dixie... sure don't mind him, in Kerry they queue up to shake hands with with convicted rapists

mylestheslasher

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2010, 10:02:08 PM
The sight of the disgraced Irish Bishops meeting the Pope in Rome a few weeks ago was sickening.
Watching them curtsey in front of him, and then proceed to kiss his ring like he was some form of royalty was revolting.
Watching this, i'm sure the victims felt like they had support at the highest level.
I'm sure the meeting went into much detail about how they could cover up some more. Share a few idea's and secrets on the art of cover up.

I have a very good friend who was abused by a priest, and knowing about the cover up involved in their case is one very very sad affair. The church is rotten to the core from the top down. Until there are changes from the top down, then the church will continue in free fall.

If any of the loyal supporters of the church on here knew a victim personally, then you would soon change your tune. By supoporting the church and clergy in it's current form, you are on the side of the abusers.

100% Dixie... sure don't mind him, in Kerry they queue up to shake hands with with convicted rapists

Indeed, some people have their head so far up there holes they can't see in front of them.

magickingdom

i made a dig at dixie because hes over the top (as ever) and i just applied his own logic to another situtation. that line of yours is a dig at a whole county and if you have any decency youll delete it pronto. it says a lot about you btw

longrunsthefox

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 25, 2010, 10:08:12 PM

Indeed, some people have their head so far up there holes they can't see in front of them.

Not sure if you are having a did at me or the Kerry fellow  :o

longrunsthefox

Quote from: magickingdom on June 25, 2010, 10:11:30 PM

i made a dig at dixie because hes over the top (as ever) and i just applied his own logic to another situtation. that line of yours is a dig at a whole county and if you have any decency youll delete it pronto. it says a lot about you btw

Your dig came across as a go at his condemnation of the Catholic Church's record on child abuse which says a lot about you too.

magickingdom

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2010, 10:44:42 PM

Your dig came across as a go at his condemnation of the Catholic Church's record on child abuse which says a lot about you too.

your obviously confused it was clearly highlighted in bold. or maybe your just thick - myles is also clearly backing you up.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: magickingdom on June 25, 2010, 10:56:24 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 25, 2010, 10:44:42 PM

your obviously confused it was clearly highlighted in bold. or maybe your just thick - myles is also clearly backing you up.

Tell you the truth I'm not the brightest. So you agree with the rest of Dixie then that the church and its hierarchy in its present form is 'revolting'... good stuff.

orangeman

Here we go again ! Cloud cuckoo land.

Vatican says Belgium raids 'worse than Communist era'

The Vatican has stepped up its criticism of raids by Belgian police investigating alleged child sex abuse, calling the detention of priests "serious and unbelievable".

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State, said "there are no precedents, not even under the old communist regimes".

He claimed the priests were held for nine hours without eating or drinking.

Several buildings of the Belgium Church were searched on Thursday.

Bishops holding a meeting there were barred from leaving the premises for several hours.

"It was sequestration, a serious and unbelievable act," said Cardinal Bertone.

'Astonishment'

Police in Leuven seized nearly 500 files and a computer from the offices of a Church commission investigating allegations of sex abuse.

They also searched the Church's headquarters, the Brussels archdiocese in Mechelen, north of the Belgian capital.

Prosecutors have said the raids were over alleged "abuse of minors committed by a certain number of Church figures".

On Friday, the Vatican voiced "astonishment" at how the raids have been carried out, saying police had drilled holes in two archbishops' tombs.

The Vatican said the raids had led to the "violation of confidentiality of precisely those victims for whom the raids were carried out".
The Vatican has summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to voice their anger at the incident.

The Catholic Church in Belgium has apologised for its silence on abuse cases in the past.

muppet

The Vatican has summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to voice their anger at the incident.

The Vatican just doesn't get it. Pedophile acts are crimes. Perpetrators deserve to be treated as criminals. Those actively and deliberately protecting pedophiles are not much better.

Our department of Foreign Affairs belatedly expelled an Israeli diplomat for forging an Irish passport. I agree with this action, but if that act is justified what about an organisation that refuses to hand over information on the sexual abuse of our children? We should expel all Vatican officials until they completely co-operate with our authorities.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

Magickingdom, how is it a load of sh1t? Do you know any victims of church abuse, or do you just blindly support the church and put up with the cover up?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10427935.stm

Pope deplores 'sex abuse' raids by Belgian police

The Pope delivered a message of support for the Archbishop of Brussels
Pope Benedict has joined mounting Vatican criticism of raids by Belgian police investigating alleged child sex abuse, calling them "deplorable".

In a message to Belgian bishops, the pope expressed his solidarity "in this moment of sadness".

Several buildings were searched in raids targeting a retired archbishop and the graves of two prelates.

Prosecutors said the action concerned alleged "abuse of minors committed by a certain number of Church figures".

Police in Leuven, central Belgium, on Thursday seized nearly 500 files and a computer from the offices of a Church commission investigating allegations of sex abuse.

They also searched the Church's headquarters and the Brussels archdiocese in Mechelen, north of the Belgian capital.

Belgium's bishops, who were holding a meeting at the time of the raids, were kept incommunicado for nine hours while the searches were conducted.

'Unprecedented treatment'
Pope Benedict's criticism of the raids came in a message of support to Brussels Archbishop

An inquiry into church sex abuse in Belgium has been running for years
Andre Joseph Leonard, the head of the Belgian bishops' conference.

"I want to express, dear brother in the Episcopate, as well as to all the Bishops of Belgium, my closeness and solidarity in this moment of sadness, in which, with certain surprising and deplorable methods, searches were carried out."

"I hope that justice will follow its course while guaranteeing the rights of individuals and institutions, respecting the rights of victims, (and) acknowledging those who undertake to collaborate with it," Pope Benedict said.

On Saturday Vatican officials compared the raids and investigation into allegations of child sex abuse with the treatment of the Church under communist rule.

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State, described the detention of priests "serious and unbelievable".

"There are no precedents, not even under the old communist regimes," he said.

The Vatican has summoned the Belgian ambassador to the Holy See to voice its anger at the incident.

The Catholic Church in Belgium has apologised for its silence on abuse cases in the past.

The church was rocked in April when the bishop of Bruges, Roger Vangheluwe, resigned and admitted to sexual abuse before and after becoming a bishop
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

Benny is fierce quick to condem the raids.

Pity he isn't as quick to condem the cover up he and his chums have been involved in for decades.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2010, 03:25:37 PM
Benny is fierce quick to condem the raids.

Pity he isn't as quick to condem the cover up he and his chums have been involved in for decades.

The question is what exactly is he condemning?

Is it only the heavy-handed nature of the action? If this was the problem they should qualify their criticism by stating their support for the investigation and prosecution of pedophiles. By not qualifying the criticism it leaves them open to the obvious hypothesis that they think that they are above the law and above any scrutiny no matter how heinous the crime. I have always thought Ratzinger believes this and his comments today reinforce that.

I suspect he will turn out to be the worst Pope since the Reformation.
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

So much for the pope repecting the laws of the lands his church operate in. Belgium was once hit with an horrendous paedophille ring, when I was a young lad the "joke" doing the rounds was about Belgians being Paedophilles etc. Now it is no wonder they are not going to allow anything like that happen too easily again. Fair play to them. No person, organisation or religious group is above the law. Its about time the pope realised his position in the order of things and stop being such a hypocrite.

magickingdom

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2010, 03:14:00 PM

Magickingdom, how is it a load of sh1t? Do you know any victims of church abuse, or do you just blindly support the church and put up with the cover up?

its the general sweeping tone of your posts that i find full of shit to be honest. i dont personally know any victims of abuse but this doesn't stop me from forming the opinion that the abusers should be hunted down and locked up or preferrably shot (i couldn't care if they were lynched tbh). yet the 85 year old neighbour of mine that trots off to mass each day is in your book supporting the clergy and is on the side of the abusers. well shes not actually she a decent old lady - as are most mass goers who has been horrified beyond words by the abuse. like i said your just full of shit and that goes for the way you addressed the question to me - do you just blindly support the church and put up with the cover up - without knowing a thing about my views.